IGGY or PUIG, who will have the better career and year?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommyContrarianOnTwitter. Show CommyContrarianOnTwitter's posts

IGGY or PUIG, who will have the better career and year?

love me some puig but i root local so iggs' my boy as well. would seem right now that puig is the obvious guy but igggs has done it longer, seems to have a stronger core and has encountered failure and setbacks. has had to EARN everything, puig on the other hand despite the risk he took to get to this country, seems to have been an overnight sensation. both should b great and multiple all-stars but my $ is on IGGY! i can see him adding more power as well as he goes. puig cant get much better, iggs can!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: IGGY or PUIG, who will have the better career and year?

i don't think the comp is fair to Iggy, Puig is probably ahead of Iggy because of his bat, though IMO the Dodgers are probably asking him to do more than the Sox are putting on Iggy, and he's also playing a bit more regularly...as to the question, Puig will likely have the better seaso, as for career...you never know.. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

i don't think the comp is fair to Iggy, Puig is probably ahead to of Iggy because of his bat, though IMO the Dodgers are probably asking him to do more than the Sox are putting on Iggy, and he's also playing a bit more regularly...as to the question, Puig will likely have the better seaso,n as for career...you never know.. 

Hey Jete!  Long time no see.  Hope you're doing well buddy.  Nice post.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Puigs can't get much better because if he were to continue playing the way he is then he will likely be the best player in baseball.

20 years from now people will likely look back and think PUIG had a better career IMO...But I think Iggy will be just as good because he is also going to do all those little things that don't show up on a stat sheet.  Like lay down a bunt, put the ball in the outfield when they have a runner a third, run hard from 1st to 3rd on a single etc etc.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommyContrarianOnTwitter. Show CommyContrarianOnTwitter's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

Puigs can't get much better because if he were to continue playing the way he is then he will likely be the best player in baseball.

20 years from now people will likely look back and think PUIG had a better career IMO...But I think Iggy will be just as good because he is also going to do all those little things that don't show up on a stat sheet.  Like lay down a bunt, put the ball in the outfield when they have a runner a third, run hard from 1st to 3rd on a single etc etc.

so iggy = jeter, and puig could be mantle? guys like that get hurt a ton though.. methinks puig has better year and short terms stats but iggs the man over the long term. u will likely regret the 7 year deal more to puig than to iggs.. just going by odds

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I do think it's a bit ridiculous to speculate who will have the better career based when both players haven't even put up a full year of stats COMBINED. It's fun!!!!! but not really relevant.  Also you say he gets hurt a ton? players who profile like Puig are more likely to get hurt? do you have ANY evidence of this?  For what it's worth Iggy doesn't exactly have the cleanist bill of health during his career, nothing major but he's missed time every season so far.  Some food for thought.   

But if we were to go soley by skill set and tools then PUIG should easily have the better career.  But it's really a crap shoot at this point. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Puiggy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

At this juncture, predicting which will have the better career is like predicting the end of the world. No human is that prescient.