1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Iggy Produces right away

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

Drew should have been moved to third base a long time ago.... even now they have Bogey playing third don't they? How accommodating must we continue to be for a temporary filler such as Drew?

Reminds me of ARod switching to 3rd so the worst fielding SS in MLB could stay comfy and cozy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Iggy with a broken bat bunt blooping seeing eye windblown lucky HR tonight with the Tigers.

Peavy is doomed.

Sox4ever

lol

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

First we beat the Iggy led Tigers :) in ALCS, then we beat our erstwhile overpaid superstars in Los Angeles in World Series, then we say we made the all the right moves.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

It would have been cooler had Beckett been healthy and started against us.

Sox4ever

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:

[QUOTE]

Would you want a rookie (recently called up) playing out of position during the most critical play of the year or a veteran? Somehow playing Boggie or even Iggy out of postion during the play-offs seems like a bad idea waiting to happen. Drew has the experience to hold up if he were to play third, I would hope anyhow.

Playing Boggie period in the playoffs seems like a bad idea.

[/QUOTE]

And Holt/Snyder are seasoned veterans?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Would you want a rookie (recently called up) playing out of position during the most critical play of the year or a veteran? Somehow playing Boggie or even Iggy out of postion during the play-offs seems like a bad idea waiting to happen. Drew has the experience to hold up if he were to play third, I would hope anyhow.

Bogey has played more games at 3b than Drew has his whole career. Id trust a young 20yo to switch because a vet like Drew is so entrenched in his position it would take him much longer to get used to it.

But thats why we have Holt/Snyder, who have both been doing fine splitting 3b duties.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Perhaps the thread should now read ... Peavy outproduces Iggy right away. 

The guy was great. 

Always, always, always take pitching over hitting ... and double that for fielding. 

Iggy was a good chip ... but they could afford to deal him. 

Now the Sox have a great rotation again. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]

Playing Boggie period in the playoffs seems like a bad idea.

[/QUOTE]

Why? Different people respond differently to different situations. Ellsbury only played in 33 games his red-shirt season ... and hit .360 for the Sox on the way to a WS penant.

I'd rather see what Bogaerts has now ... because he could lift this team to even greater heights. You already know what you have with Holt, et al.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

No doubt Paeavy had a good night.  He works fast and was enjoyable to watch.

Iggy went 1 for 3 last night with an RBI and a run scored.  You cannot ask for anything more from someone batting in that part of the line up.  I'd say the Tigers are getting their money's worth.

Yup. And Peavy gave up just four hits in seven innings last night. I would say the Red Sox are getting their money's worth.........wouldn't you agree?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

Can't we agree that maybe, just maybe, this trade works out for both teams? 

If a manager doesn't have confidence in his ball players, even when they're going badly, they're not going to have confidence in themselves. And when a ballplayer's confidence is gone, you haven't got a ballplayer - Birdie Tebbetts

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to fizsh's comment:

If a manager doesn't have confidence in his ball players, even when they're going badly, they're not going to have confidence in themselves. And when a ballplayer's confidence is gone, you haven't got a ballplayer - Birdie Tebbetts

Ive been saying this all along. Iggy is a great fit in Detroit, Peavy is perfect for Boston and CWS got a top OF prospect for their re-tooling. All teams acquired something of need and all are a good fit. the trade was a win-win-win.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I'm not sure that kind of sensible outlook is permissible for a lot of folks here.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

[QUOTE]

I'm not sure that kind of sensible outlook is permissible for a lot of folks here.  

[/QUOTE]

Yes!  Please!  Mutual exclusivity must rule the day.  If Iggy is a great fit for Detroit, then Peavy must be a mistake for the Sox.  It's the only theory that makes sense.  This foolish talk about the deal being a win for all teams is madness.  Everybody knows that each time Iggy hits well in a week Peavy will most likely bomb.  If Peavy does the improbable, and stays hot for the RS, Iggy will go into a nose-dive with the bat.  There must be balance in the mlb world!

As a good RS fan, I will root for Iggy to crash & burn, thus securing Peavy being THE KEY to a World Series Title this year.   ;) 

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

[QUOTE]

Bogey has played more games at 3b than Drew has his whole career. Id trust a young 20yo to switch because a vet like Drew is so entrenched in his position it would take him much longer to get used to it.

But thats why we have Holt/Snyder, who have both been doing fine splitting 3b duties.

I have seen Boggie play short down in McCoy and from those game, he is not ready to play this position in the playoffs.  Heading over tonight for a 6:05 start, maybe he will change my mind tonight.

[/QUOTE]

I wouldnt start Bogey at SS during the PO either right now. Gary DiSarcina has also said that although Bogey has improved a lot on defense, he still needs some fine tuning. That goes for his offense too, although that is close to being ready. Some fans (not you) have to understand that this kid is still only 20yo and still has some development to go. Unless he is absolutely needed, we shouldnt see him until sept 1st.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

[QUOTE]

I have seen Boggie play short down in McCoy and from those game, he is not ready to play this position in the playoffs.  Heading over tonight for a 6:05 start, maybe he will change my mind tonight.

[/QUOTE]

All hail the new Red Sox talent scout.........I'm sure Cherrington is anxiously awaiting your report. Our front office is so lucky to have you, Jack.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

I think this will end up being the case here. I like the trade and think Peavy will do well for us; I also remain hopeful that Iglesias will have himself a great career. I am generally not crazy about trading away promising young players, and I would have been upset if we'd dealt someone from the Bogaerts/Bradley/Owens/Cecchini group, but sometimes you have to give up some value to get value, and I think Peavy will be worth it and the loss of Iggy is one we will be able to absorb. Others disagree and that is fine.

It's a much better debate to be having than wondering a year ago which new Valentine-inflamed controversy the free-falling team would experience next.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Ive been saying this all along. Iggy is a great fit in Detroit, Peavy is perfect for Boston and CWS got a top OF prospect for their re-tooling. All teams acquired something of need and all are a good fit. the trade was a win-win-win.

That works for me, meaning it was a good trade for everyone.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Unless he is absolutely needed, we shouldnt see him until sept 1st.

Will he be any more ready Sept 1st?

Sox4ever

25. This post has been removed.