I'm done with Ortiz

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I'm done with Ortiz

I've grown very tired of his act.

Francona supported Ortiz when he showed up on "the list". Francona supported him when he stunk for the first 2 months for TWO consecutive seasons, not only keeping him in the lineup, but refusing to move him down far longer than many of us would have been willing to wait.

So, as a thanks for all that support, Ortiz:

-Breaks in on a Francona interview to whine about an RBI!
    -Decides hes a pitching expert, and throws Francona under the bus saying that Aceves should have been in there 10 days ago.
    -Whined multiple times about wanting a long term deal

I don't know why Ortiz feels the need to open his mouth. He's a DH. He doesn't field. He doesn't pitch. He doesn't pinch run. He hits. He should only be talking about, if ANYTHING, hitting.

Ortiz is consnumed with Ortiz and I'm done with him. He can take his tired act to another city, Boston BETTER NOT offer more than a single season, I'm not sure he's even worth that.

Once upon a time I thought Ortiz really was all about the Sox, now it seems he's clearly all about himself.

I'm sure many of you will make excuses for him, but for me it will ALWAYS be about the team first, and Ortiz has not been about the Sox first this season. He's been worried about RBI, contracts and rotation concerns. I wish he would've been more concerned about HIS OWN fielding, maybe they would've produced better during interleague play.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Re: I'm done with Ortiz

If the brass was wise they would realize they have gotten the very best out of Ortiz and signing him to anything more than a one year deal would be a bad idea.

He will diminish either in 2012 or 2013, no avoiding that. The second he complains this winter about not being respected during contract talks I will be echoing all that you say here today.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

i would tend to agree about Ortiz, but it's hard to find a guy
    who will hit about 25 hrs, and knock in 90 runs floating around
    baseball. If we could sign him for about 10 million, fine....but
    I agree...that should be the limit. He doesn't run out balls,
    he is slow on the base paths....very slow, and has a hangdog
    look when he makes out. He trudges back to the dugout like
    "dead man walking" He doesn't inspire teammates with that
    little act. Run, Papi ! You're getting paid $10 million or so. Move
    your fat behind !!! Lose some weight...it can be done, you know.
    For goodness sake...he's only about 36 years old, and he runs
    like he's 66. I think I could beat him in a footrace and I'm
    going on 70 !!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

"Breaks in on a Francona interview to whine about an RBI!"

If you read the papers in the days after this you would have learned this the entire event was staged by Dustin Pedroia and ended up being a joke on Francona.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In Response to I'm done with Ortiz:
    [QUOTE]I've grown very tired of his act. Francona supported Ortiz when he showed up on "the list". Francona supported him when he stunk for the first 2 months for TWO consecutive seasons, not only keeping him in the lineup, but refusing to move him down far longer than many of us would have been willing to wait. So, as a thanks for all that support, Ortiz: -Breaks in on a Francona interview to whine about an RBI! -Decides hes a pitching expert, and throws Francona under the bus saying that Aceves should have been in there 10 days ago. -Whined multiple times about wanting a long term deal I don't know why Ortiz feels the need to open his mouth. He's a DH. He doesn't field. He doesn't pitch. He doesn't pinch run. He hits. He should only be talking about, if ANYTHING, hitting. Ortiz is consnumed with Ortiz and I'm done with him. He can take his tired act to another city, Boston BETTER NOT offer more than a single season, I'm not sure he's even worth that. Once upon a time I thought Ortiz really was all about the Sox, now it seems he's clearly all about himself. I'm sure many of you will make excuses for him, but for me it will ALWAYS be about the team first, and Ortiz has not been about the Sox first this season. He's been worried about RBI, contracts and rotation concerns. I wish he would've been more concerned about HIS OWN fielding, maybe they would've produced better during interleague play.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

Red Sox better not.?????? Then what are you going to do??

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]I've grown very tired of his act. Francona supported Ortiz when he showed up on "the list". Francona supported him when he stunk for the first 2 months for TWO consecutive seasons, not only keeping him in the lineup, but refusing to move him down far longer than many of us would have been willing to wait. So, as a thanks for all that support, Ortiz: -Breaks in on a Francona interview to whine about an RBI! -Decides hes a pitching expert, and throws Francona under the bus saying that Aceves should have been in there 10 days ago. -Whined multiple times about wanting a long term deal I don't know why Ortiz feels the need to open his mouth. He's a DH. He doesn't field. He doesn't pitch. He doesn't pinch run. He hits. He should only be talking about, if ANYTHING, hitting. Ortiz is consnumed with Ortiz and I'm done with him. He can take his tired act to another city, Boston BETTER NOT offer more than a single season, I'm not sure he's even worth that. Once upon a time I thought Ortiz really was all about the Sox, now it seems he's clearly all about himself. I'm sure many of you will make excuses for him, but for me it will ALWAYS be about the team first, and Ortiz has not been about the Sox first this season. He's been worried about RBI, contracts and rotation concerns. I wish he would've been more concerned about HIS OWN fielding, maybe they would've produced better during interleague play.

Real fans are getting tired of all the crying on here.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In Response to Re: I'm done with Ortiz:
    [QUOTE]"Breaks in on a Francona interview to whine about an RBI!" If you read the papers in the days after this you would have learned this the entire event was staged by Dustin Pedroia and ended up being a joke on Francona.
    Posted by BeaconHill19[/QUOTE]

Yes I heard and witnessed the progression:

-He was filmed during his little fit (Ortiz). Maybe it was acting, maybe it wasn't, it seemed genuine to most people at the time.

-Pedroia then tells Haggerty he was goofing on Ortiz, and told Ortiz Henry and Epstein did it as a negotiating ploy.

-Now you say it was all a joke on Francona.

Anyone can look at those facts and believe what they want. Ortiz seemed pretty serious at the time, maybe I'm wrong. I tend to think Pedroia was doing his job as a good teammate and trying to defuse a situation by make a joke after the fact to Haggerty, a big goof who would believe anything and promplty tweet it (I like Hags, by the way GO Bs!). Again, maybe I'm wrong.

And don...whining? Like about a contract? Like about an RBI? Like about the pitching situation? I'm glad you agree with my post.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

yeah, who needs 30 & 100 anyway, dumb post the redsox play in the A.L. they need a DH who is going to do it better than ortiz?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

[QUOTE]"Breaks in on a Francona interview to whine about an RBI!" If you read the papers in the days after this you would have learned this the entire event was staged by Dustin Pedroia and ended up being a joke on Francona.
    Posted by BeaconHill19[/QUOTE]

no

perhaps there was a joke on ortiz

or perhaps pedrioa was just trying to cover for him

either way ortiz was serious when he did it

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kamdog. Show Kamdog's posts

OK, now you guys are just nuts.  Complain about all the players not getting it done on the field, fine, expect them all to hit .300, drive in 100, and get 30 HRs.

But, now, you go after the guy who does get it done?  What do you guys want?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ET27. Show ET27's posts

There is not a better DH in baseball.  He's had an excellent year.  He is
    still the most clutch hitter on the team.  Whom do you replace him with?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from boboinfla. Show boboinfla's posts

[QUOTE]OK, now you guys are just nuts.  Complain about all the players not getting it done on the field, fine, expect them all to hit .300, drive in 100, and get 30 HRs. But, now, you go after the guy who does get it done?  What do you guys want?
    Posted by Kamdog[/QUOTE]

The problem remains that I agree that Papi should receive only a only a one year contract, the fact is that his worth in terms  of his contract is far better than Crawford  or A Gon. A G hits well, but in terms of contract money, he was not as valuable as Papi and to me has been a massive downer in the second  half based on his salary. You have to understand that most players are "me" oriented. Exceptions are Pedroia and Youk and obviously very few others. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]There is not a better DH in baseball.  He's had an excellent year.  He is still the most clutch hitter on the team.  Whom do you replace him with?
    Posted by ET27[/QUOTE]

That question and answer almost never comes up.  I've seen 1000 posts in here wanting to rid of anyone that even walked by the park.

I've 2-3 posts actually suggesting how they would replace them.

Offer him arbitration and be done with it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I'm done with Ortiz : Yes I heard and witnessed the progression: -He was filmed during his little fit (Ortiz). Maybe it was acting, maybe it wasn't, it seemed genuine to most people at the time. -Pedroia then tells Haggerty he was goofing on Ortiz, and told Ortiz Henry and Epstein did it as a negotiating ploy. -Now you say it was all a joke on Francona. Anyone can look at those facts and believe what they want. Ortiz seemed pretty serious at the time, maybe I'm wrong. I tend to think Pedroia was doing his job as a good teammate and trying to defuse a situation by make a joke after the fact to Haggerty, a big goof who would believe anything and promplty tweet it (I like Hags, by the way GO Bs!). Again, maybe I'm wrong. And don...whining? Like about a contract? Like about an RBI? Like about the pitching situation? I'm glad you agree with my post.

So you and JackBU aren't in the Ortiz fan club. A real shame.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Youk can DH in 2012, and this opens up 3B to ad a bat.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Grow some gonads, whiners.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4411939. Show user_4411939's posts

You're not allowed to mention or associate Ortiz with "the list" on this forum, even if he did appear on it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill. Show aussiewill's posts

Ortiz is definitely not one of the problems the Sox need to fix. He is probably the best DH of all time, and he is still getting the job done. In fact he looks more fit than in past seasons. As stated by others here , who would you replace the man with? His run in Boston will come to an end , someday, but I hope that it is at least 3 years away.
    They would still be trying to break the" curse of the Bambino", were it not for the efforts of Big Papi. He'll be back, Theo isn't that stupid. Oh wait a minute.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from heobrien. Show heobrien's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to I'm done with Ortiz : Real fans are getting tired of all the crying on here.
    Posted by donrd4[/QUOTE]

I thought there was no crying in baseball?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

for me it will ALWAYS be about the team first

Then you will applaud when Ellsbury leaves via trade or FA.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

Softlaw speaks from the corner that he painted himself into.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I find Ortiz to be a breath of fresh air in a stale clubhouse. He actually doesn't talk party line the way so many have been taught to do. Good for him to ask about Aceves. He has a right to, and there are a lot of fans who feel the same about whether he should be better utilized as a starter. I think he's been the best middle reliever in MLB this year, and I love him in that spot, but I also can understand why with all the mediocre SPs of the Sox last month that people, including Ortiz, would clamour for him. Again, let the players speak, who cares if it isn't always something nice.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

[QUOTE]I find Ortiz to be a breath of fresh air in a stale clubhouse. He actually doesn't talk party line the way so many have been taught to do. Good for him to ask about Aceves. He has a right to, and there are a lot of fans who feel the same about whether he should be better utilized as a starter. I think he's been the best middle reliever in MLB this year, and I love him in that spot, but I also can understand why with all the mediocre SPs of the Sox last month that people, including Ortiz, would clamour for him. Again, let the players speak, who cares if it isn't always something nice.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

Terry has considered starting Aceves but after weighing all of the variables involved decided against it and decided that Aceves was more valuable in middle relief. He is the manager and we are just armchair fans. I can give Ortiz a pass in speaking out since it is a debateable topic but you wouldn't want him to do it often.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

Papi has meant so much to this team since he got here.
    That said, he's become a HUGE prima donna.
    He thinks no pitch should ever be called a strike, and pisses and moans at every at bat.
    He doesn't hustle to first on groundballs or popups.
    It seems that since Manny left, he's gotten to this point.
    He's still the best DH in the game, though. He's just not the climax hitter he was in the clutch.
    It will be interesting to see if he walks or stays.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

yeah, the whining about the contract and the rbi were annoying
    he was right on about Aceves though and said it in unoffensive way