I'm not afraid of the stinking Rangers/Yankees/Tigers/Angels!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fir.eballer58. Show fir.eballer58's posts

I'm not afraid of the stinking Rangers/Yankees/Tigers/Angels!

Nor is Big Papi/Pedey/Ellsbury/Bard/Papelbon,etc.etc.
    In October, it's another season and none of the above teams scare me. Beckett and Lester have been there before and will be unfazed by playoff pressure. Our front two are among the best in MLB. So bring any of the pretenders on; they aren't getting past the Sox.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Re: I'm not afraid of the stinking Rangers/Yankees/Tigers/Angels!

I still predict a Red Sox vs. Braves World Series. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In Response to I'm not afraid of the stinking Rangers/Yankees/Tigers/Angels!:
    [QUOTE]Nor is Big Papi/Pedey/Ellsbury/Bard/Papelbon,etc.etc. In October, it's another season and none of the above teams scare me. Beckett and Lester have been there before and will be unfazed by playoff pressure. Our front two are among the best in MLB. So bring any of the pretenders on; they aren't getting past the Sox.
    Posted by fir.eballer58[/QUOTE]
    Josh Beckett and Jon Lester rank 12th and 17th among American League starters this season in Wins Above Replacement (22nd and 34th among all MLB starters):

http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=all&stats=sta&lg=al&qual=y&type=8&season=2011&month=0&season1=2011&ind=0

The Tigers and the Rangers are well-represented in the WAR rankings of AL starters. CC Sabathia, Colby Lewis and C.J. Wilson have more recent postseason experience than Beckett and Lester, while Justin Verlander has postseason experience as well.

* Wins Above Replacement as reported at FanGraphs

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]Nor is Big Papi/Pedey/Ellsbury/Bard/Papelbon,etc.etc. In October, it's another season and none of the above teams scare me. Beckett and Lester have been there before and will be unfazed by playoff pressure. Our front two are among the best in MLB. So bring any of the pretenders on; they aren't getting past the Sox.
    Seems like the Sox are stinkers at the moment.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

You tell 'em fir.eballer. I completely agree.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from joyceand. Show joyceand's posts

In Response to Re: I'm not afraid of the stinking Rangers/Yankees/Tigers/Angels!:
    [QUOTE]I still predict a Red Sox vs. Braves World Series. 
    Posted by Ice-Cream[/QUOTE]
    I think that there are a few AL contenders but I don't see how you can count the Phillies out.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

You redeem my failing trust.  Not in the Sox, but some of their "fans."

Thank you.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Re: I'm not afraid of the stinking Rangers/Yankees/Tigers/Angels!:
    [QUOTE]I still predict a Red Sox vs. Braves World Series. 
    Posted by Ice-Cream[/QUOTE]

You would make a friend of mine very happy with that call, Ice Cream.  Bravo fan all the way.