I'm outta here

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Re: I'm outta here

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to ThefourBs's comment:

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to carnie's comment:

For a while anyway. Most likely I'll eventually be back. This used to be a fun place to come talk about baseball after all. But just for now I can't take any more of pike, softlaw and billy boy. To everyone else, adios amigos.

WHY FOR , HOW COME  ????   Just because we/I have different opinions on the way to G M  & Manage this team ???   Heck, this is just "FANTASEY LAND".........  Enjoy it and enjoy seeing if ones thoughts actually come to fruit !!!  Now Carnie, pick yourself up, say your sorry and we will let you back in !!!!   But if you do have to go, take that fool CONAN with you !!!    Go Sox, Iggy, and Bradley too !!

You are unbelievably dense...

WHY ?????   Because I have my own thoughts .... Last I checked , Bradley & Iggy opened the season and gave the TEAM a big BOOST !!

Part of the reason Bill is that you persist in starting upteen million redundant threads here discussing the same thing over and over again instead of participating in threads started by other posters. No one is denying you your right to state your opinion, but when so many people here are telling you that what you are doing is not helping this forum and you keep doing it, thats disrespectful IMO.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Hold on. I am receiving multiple reports that it is not required to read posts that you do not want to read. You are now permitted to just skip over anything that you do not like. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

"Your absence will not be noticed. Stay out of the kitchen, so don't come back."

Not true - Carnie adds way more valuable content to this board than you, and a universe more than Bill or Pike. And he does it without your name calling, mockery of Sox players, and inappropriate political propoganda. Carnie you'll be missed, but I understand the decision. Hopefully you'll decide to wade into this fray again...

"Hold on. I am receiving multiple reports that it is not required to read posts that you do not want to read. You are now permitted to just skip over anything that you do not like. "

A weak excuse for a poorly moderated forum of dubious overall quality. You're better off ignoring the whole forum than try to search for gold nuggets in steaming pile of dung. That said I'm ok with farm living....

Not a very good analogy. Or a very pleasant one. But with the economy being what it is, it might be worth it. Those gold nuggets could prove valuable. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Hold on. I am receiving multiple reports that it is not required to read posts that you do not want to read. You are now permitted to just skip over anything that you do not like. 

true enough, gale but with the beginning of the season upon us, against the yankees. you'd think the board would be in better shape, instead of hanging by a thread. This is when most posters return,  not the other way around

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to BaddBrains' comment:

It's impossible to skip over what one finds to be annoying since people reply to what is annoying.

If they skipped over it , they would not be replying to it. Some people find enjoyment in being "annoyed" and then blasting the "annoyer. "  I guess it makes them somehow feel righteous and superior. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

It's impossible to skip over what one finds to be annoying since people reply to what is annoying.

If they skipped over it , they would not be replying to it. Some people find enjoyment in being "annoyed" and then blasting the "annoyer. "  I guess it makes them somehow feel righteous and superior. 

what pike is trying to say is that even if Carnie puts softy, bill and the other idiots on ignore he will still see the crap they post when other posters who are not being ignored by him respond to the trolls.

for example, if someone had you on ignore they would not see your post, but if i am not on their ignore list too they will still read it because i just replied to it and it's part of my post now too.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

royf19 is correct.  There are some posters I simply glance at or skip entirely, and then, there's always the option to hit the ignore button on individual posters you can't stomach.  Always read and enjoy carnie posts, hope you try these tacts and stay on.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

true enough, gale but with the beginning of the season upon us, against the yankees. you'd think the board would be in better shape, instead of hanging by a thread

I know , but to me , the bigger problem is with those who willingly read posts that annoy them, then scream at and insult the " annoyer."  Every time Bill posts, you can count on the same guys jumping all over him. Why read it if it is going to upset you ?  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

what pike is trying to say is that even if Carnie puts softy, bill and the other idiots on ignore he will still see the crap they post when other posters who are not being ignored by him respond to the trolls.

for example, if someone had you on ignore they would not see your post, but if i am not on their ignore list too they will still read it because i just replied to it and it's part of my post now too.

Just skip the replyers also. It may take a few seconds to realize the nature of the post; for most, this is no biggie; for others, this level of intolerance is indicative of something else they need to come to terms with.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

This is supposed to be fun.  If it isnt fun for you anymore, I understand your departure.

Farewell!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I know that , but they still don't have to read it. I still think people do it because it gives them the chance to show they " got the best " of the original poster. And the fact is they did not "get the best " of anyone. All they did was waste their time and allow themselves to become aggravated. And for what ?  Anyway , what is " crap " to some , is often informative , entertaining , controversial and humorous to others.  Point is , if you don't want to read Bill 806 or Softlaw, then don't. If you do , then don't cry about it. Personally , I enjoy their contributions to this forum. You don't have to agree with everything they post. In fact , if you are an adult, with a mind of your own , you should never agree 100 percent with anyone. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I know that , but they still don't have to read it. I still think people do it because it gives them the chance to show they " got the best " of the original poster. And the fact is they did not "get the best " of anyone. All they did was waste their time and allow themselves to become aggravated. And for what ?  Anyway , what is " crap " to some , is often informative , entertaining , controversial and humorous to others.  Point is , if you don't want to read Bill 806 or Softlaw, then don't. If you do , then don't cry about it. Personally , I enjoy their contributions to this forum. You don't have to agree with everything they post. In fact , if you are an adult, with a mind of your own , you should never agree 100 percent with anyone. 

Agreed. I don't argue with Bill because I do not enjoy it, I do immensely enjoy arguing with Soflaw. Therefore I do not look at Bill's threads and I do look at Soflaws.

I also enjoy just talking baseball with other peoople who I do not argue with.

Point being I do what i want to on here and if someone upsets me( not that I can think of anyone who does off hand)  I just would choose not to engage with them.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

I agree 100 percent.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Hater! Wah! Wah! I want my mommy!

You truly can be a vile human being.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Carnie,   "We will leave the light on for ya, SON" !!!!!!

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

For a while anyway. Most likely I'll eventually be back. This used to be a fun place to come talk about baseball after all. But just for now I can't take any more of pike, softlaw and billy boy. To everyone else, adios amigos.

Come back soon  Carnie

a small child cries outside even as I type.  Sad moment indeed

But I understand

25. This post has been removed.