Impact of the Ellsbury Shoulder Injury

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

Impact of the Ellsbury Shoulder Injury

This was a BIG win for the Red Sox today that could give the team a lot of momentum, as long as the Ellsbury shoulder injury is not serious...If it is just a 15 day DL thing, the Bosox should be fine..If it is more serious (as in 2 months or more), it could be a crippling blow...Apparently, there are no updates at this time, but people on this forum are amazing at getting the latest goods on developments such as this......

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: Impact of the Ellsbury Shoulder Injury

i hope hes ok. after such a great season it really sucks seeing him out for an extended period. i hope for the best.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Lets find out what it is before we start making contingency plans.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

It looked dislocated to me. Hope I'm wrong.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Impact of the Ellsbury Shoulder Injury": [QUOTE]It looked dislocated to me. Hope I'm wrong. Posted by carnie[/QUOTE] Maybe. But if you notice, Brignac slid down onto his triceps at the last moment. That may have saved him.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Nothing new...Ellsbury's not at fenway, taken for tests. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

In Response to Re: Impact of the Ellsbury Shoulder Injury:
    [QUOTE]It looked dislocated to me. Hope I'm wrong.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]
    What's up, monsieur...If that is the case, Carnie, is dislocation good news and quickly healed from....? I have no clue...The pain on Ellsbury's face in that photo could have said dislocation...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Why was this thread started by an admitted Yankee fan? Any thoughts or presumptions on this unusual behavior?
    Posted by Firefligh2008[/QUOTE]

pike revisited; the style is inimitable

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]Lets find out what it is before we start making contingency plans.
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]  I told you that there would be change today.......  By the looks of that play at 2nd, this could be a baaaad break for Jake.....  Hope not !!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Impact of the Ellsbury Shoulder Injury : What's up, monsieur...If that is the case, Carnie, is dislocation good news and quickly healed from....? I have no clue...The pain on Ellsbury's face in that photo could have said dislocation...
    Posted by teilhardian[/QUOTE]It depends on the severity of the dislocation. A severely dislocated shoulder can also lead to rotator cuff damage.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Impact of the Ellsbury Shoulder Injury : pike revisited; the style is inimitable
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

and someone thought I was jumping to conclusionsWink

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

[QUOTE]It looked dislocated to me. Hope I'm wrong.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

That would be a major bummer for sure.  I watched it again and he did grab the humerus (more likely a dislocation) not the A-C joint.  An A-C separation is a much quicker recovery with less long term ramifications.  Poor guy has no luck.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

Has everyone had their five minutes of joy?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Impact of the Ellsbury Shoulder Injury": [QUOTE]Has everyone had their five minutes of joy? Posted by 6k42lt913c[/QUOTE] We have no idea what this means pike.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

Shoppach did some very sloppy baserunning today and the thirdbase coach really messed up on sending him home in the 8th. A decent throw had him out by 15 feet. Write that down and remember it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Thanks pike, but we'd just as soon not.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

Beckett only had one K and the Sox really had many, many bloopers and seeing eye ground balls. Please do not become irrationally exuberant. I am only trying to keep Red Sox fans realistic. The optimism here is premature and disgusting.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

Here is one link on shoulder dislocation that is pretty clear about recovery and long-term impact...While carnie might be right about the dislocation, something tells me that if it was that serious, we might have heard something already, even though diagnostic tests have not yet been done...If this proves to be a quick DL thing, don't be surprised if it gives the Red Sox another little momentum jolt....Indeed, if Ellsbury recovers quickly, this entire AL East is likely to be a dogfight...

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Impact of the Ellsbury Shoulder Injury": [QUOTE]Beckett only had one K and the Sox really had many, many bloopers and seeing eye ground balls. Please do not become irrationally exuberant. I am only trying to keep Red Sox fans realistic. The optimism here is premature and disgusting. Posted by 6k42lt913c[/QUOTE] Pike, the attempt at a Jekyll and Hyde alter ego is crashing fast. We all know you, move on to something else.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

[QUOTE]Beckett only had one K and the Sox really had many, many bloopers and seeing eye ground balls. Please do not become irrationally exuberant. I am only trying to keep Red Sox fans realistic. The optimism here is premature and disgusting.
    Posted by 6k42lt913c[/QUOTE]

The optimism, the pessimism, the realism, the fantasy....pretty much everything you don't write yourself you deem "disgusting".  Worst.  Poster.  Ever.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

As Dad would say.......... "SON, today opportunity knocks for the boys at Pawtucket" !!!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Peter Abraham is saying that the best case scenario is a slight dislocation. Che Hsuan Lin was scratched from the PawSox lineup tonight, so it looks like he'll be coming up.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Impact of the Ellsbury Shoulder Injury : The optimism, the pessimism, the realism, the fantasy....pretty much everything you don't write yourself you deem "disgusting".  Worst.  Poster.  Ever.
    Posted by Chilliwings[/QUOTE]
    Exactly, chilli...Exactly...