InEpstein Head Fakes Fans & Guaranteed 52 million to the Great Edwin Jackson: Translation, Cubs will be losers with a Large Payroll

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Great news!

Ben > Theo

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Great news!

Ben > Theo

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Hail softlaw! Hail!

Theo is also pursuing or has already signed some old Korean pitcher.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Cubs finalize deal with South Korean Chang-Yong Lim– MLB News

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Folks, the only thing worse than 52 million on Jackson is 30 million a year on Lackey and Dumpster.

30 million a year on Lackey and Dumpster.

The Red Sox SP staff is going to come in at around 50 million a year! But, anyone on here think the Red Sox have good SP? And, anyone on here care to answer how you spend 50 million a year on SP and get a staff filled with bums!

[/QUOTE]

You were Ok with the Lackey signing, so stop the whining.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Folk. Folk. Folks.  Does anyone here trust a guy that opens every statement with Folks?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Yes, you were initially against paying that much and for that long, but once you found out there was an injury clause attached to his deal yousaid, "I'm Ok with the deal. It was the best we could do."

Tell us about Nick Johnson, Ben Sheets, Bedard, Kotchman, and more recently your Loney-Gomez 1B platoon.

Folks, this guy is a clown.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Yes, you were initially against paying that much and for that long, but once you found out there was an injury clause attached to his deal yousaid, "I'm Ok with the deal. It was the best we could do."

Tell us about Nick Johnson, Ben Sheets, Bedard, Kotchman, and more recently your Loney-Gomez 1B platoon.

Folks, this guy is a clown.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I never once said "I'm ok with the deal, it was the best we could do".

It's an exact quote by you.

I said he was a prima donna and not offer him more than 3 years and 30 million. Once InEpstein announced the deal, I said of all the prima donna FA of that class "he was the only one that was a fit". I said his contract was a disaster, even with the "injury free year" in it.

Folks, we have a stooge who, when I told him Lackey was a prima donna who wasn't worth more than 3 years and 30M, said, and I quote, "we need a good #1 or #2 and you have to pay market".

I never called lackey a number 1. I never thought we'd sign him, because the rumors were he was going to get $100M. Once we signed him, I said I thought he was overpaid, but I liked the deal. I have not tried to revise my history like you do. I admit I was wrong about Lackey, but clearly you choose the road of lies and misrepresentations.

This is the same stooge who begged for a 2 million offer to Wakefield for 2012.

I guess if you keep repeating the same lie, maybe you start to believe it yourself.

It would be nice, if for just once in maybe the last 2 years, you could just get one of my positions right. At least then you would actually be having a true debate with something real and not imagined.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Folk. Folk. Folks.  Does anyone here trust a guy that opens every statement with Folks?

[/QUOTE]

Whether Softy is the uber-troll or the uber-@rse, his addressing of a forum of strangers as if he's on a soapbox is his worst crime.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Simple questions (correct me if my figures are wrong) who would you prefer today:

2013:  Jackson for $13m, or Dempster for $13.5m?  (me:  Dempster)

2014:  Jackson for $13m, or Dempster for $13.5m?  (me:  Dempster)

2015:  Jackson for $13m, or nothing?  (me:  nothing i.e. better options)

2016:  Jackson for $13m, or nothing?  (me:  nothing i.e. better options)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Lackey pitched quite a while having a sore arm.  He knew it, the medical staff knew it, everyone suspected it.  And, even though requiring Tommy John surgery, he did relatively well under the circumstances.

To me, a guy who has played lots of baseball(pitching very much included), it tells me that he had the intestinal fortitude to go out and pitch at a major league level with a sore arm and all.  To me, it equates as a 'gamer'..a guy who gives it all he has.

Knock the guy all you want, but I feel the guy wants to do well..and will.  It wouldn't surprise me at all if he had an outstanding season.  He's healthy now.  Something he hasn't experienced for some time.

At least he's not a crybaby about his injuries....no names need to be mentioned.  We all know who they are.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

And we should care what Epstein is doing why exactly? Last I looked, the Cubs aren't even in our division.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You mean you wouldn't buy Geritol from Lawrence Welk?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's an exact quote by you

No, it's an exact quote from you, and is as bad as your comment that I wanted Bradley, Jr. added in a trade instead of Bogaerts. You have both a bad memory and love to prevaricate.

Simple questions (correct me if my figures are wrong) who would you prefer today:

2013:  Jackson for $13m, or Dempster for $13.5m?  (me:  Dempster)

None of the above. Yes, that's correct.

[/QUOTE]

If that had been one of the choices I'd have picked that too.  But it wasn't.  How surprising that you avoided a direct question.....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Folks, I have to agree with Southpaw here.