Interesting story on Kemp and Cano

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Interesting story on Kemp and Cano

http://blog.masslive.com/redsoxmonster/2013/12/boston_red_sox_hot_stove_why_a.html

Makes sense if the Sox were willing to go 6/120 for Jacoby.  Kemp to Boston while JAYZ hands Cano over to Magic's Dodgers works for me if the price is right. 

Too bad it's still just another rumor!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Re: Interesting story on Kemp and Cano

Nice article.  Thank you for sharing it with us!   Laughing

I wonder what it would take to get Kemp (as well as how much of his remaining salary the Red Sox would be responsible for).

I would support a trade for Kemp (if the price is right)!   Cool

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Definitely,

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

I wonder what it would take to get Kemp (as well as how much of his remaining salary the Red Sox would be responsible for).

What makes this story interesting and for that matter the entire Cano situation in general may come down to Cano's real motive for dumping Boras for JAYZ.  I also read an article where Magic told JAYZ flat out his asking price for Cano was much to high.  Trading Kemp would certainly help along with possibly losing Hanley after next season. 

The Yankees need Cano badly in my opinion so this situation at the very least could force the Yankees into spending another fortune to keep their star player.  If the Yankees lose Cano you can bet your last dollar they try and steal Hanley next season to replace Jeter.  

As a Sox fan I love the way things have changed in the past decade with more teams willing to spend, or at least force the Yankees hand a bit into more insane signings.  It's made a huge difference in the number of championships the Yanks had in the past when NY may not have been the ideal camping ground for FA's but where the money was.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

see, here is how i view this. One of two things will happen: 1. the yankees get Ellsbury, but lose on Cano. That's good for the Red Sox. 2. The yankees have both players, at a total combined cost of around 50 million per year. i think that's good for the red sox too. I'm not broken up about this. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

see, here is how i view this. One of two things will happen: 1. the yankees get Ellsbury, but lose on Cano. That's good for the Red Sox. 2. The yankees have both players, at a total combined cost of around 50 million per year. i think that's good for the red sox too. I'm not broken up about this. 

If the Yanks lose Cano they will try and steal Hanley from LA after next season to replace Jeter.  It's the Yankee way :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

What makes this story interesting and for that matter the entire Cano situation in general may come down to Cano's real motive for dumping Boras for JAYZ.  I also read an article where Magic told JAYZ flat out his asking price for Cano was much to high.  Trading Kemp would certainly help along with possibly losing Hanley after next season. 

The Yankees need Cano badly in my opinion so this situation at the very least could force the Yankees into spending another fortune to keep their star player.  If the Yankees lose Cano you can bet your last dollar they try and steal Hanley next season to replace Jeter.  

As a Sox fan I love the way things have changed in the past decade with more teams willing to spend, or at least force the Yankees hand a bit into more insane signings.  It's made a huge difference in the number of championships the Yanks had in the past when NY may not have been the ideal camping ground for FA's but where the money was.  

[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

If the Yanks lose Cano they will try and steal Hanley from LA after next season to replace Jeter.  It's the Yankee way :)

[/QUOTE]

I welcome that. The way to continue a winning tradition is having players on the right side of 30 in their prime. Red Sox have JBJ and Bogaerts coming up, Lavarnway right behind those guys, and a loaded farm system. Yankees are continuously losing prospects, and draft picks. I'm okay with that. They built their true dynasties through the draft and the farm system. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]

I welcome that. The way to continue a winning tradition is having players on the right side of 30 in their prime. Red Sox have JBJ and Bogaerts coming up, Lavarnway right behind those guys, and a loaded farm system. Yankees are continuously losing prospects, and draft picks. I'm okay with that. They built their true dynasties through the draft and the farm system. 

[/QUOTE]

I like the direction our FO has taken since the big salary dump by Ben.  Our FO allowed Theo to fall into the Yankee way of thinking but also recognized our mistakes and acted on them quickly.  You can't ask for anything more than going from last place to a third WC this decade and the future looks brighter than ever. 

Where is Theo today?  Still stuck in mud trying to play GM for a bad team, not one that he inherited that was well on their way in 2003. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyLefty. Show JohnnyLefty's posts

Yeh but didn't the Dodgers already just pay 50 million dollars or something for that Cuban Second Baseman? They are said to have absolutely no interest in Cano and haven't even tried to sign him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

[QUOTE]

http://blog.masslive.com/redsoxmonster/2013/12/boston_red_sox_hot_stove_why_a.html

Makes sense if the Sox were willing to go 6/120 for Jacoby.  Kemp to Boston while JAYZ hands Cano over to Magic's Dodgers works for me if the price is right. 

Too bad it's still just another rumor!

[/QUOTE]

U never know with theses GM's

and that goes double 4 LA

just not sure why LA would want to go from 1 to many expensive OF

to 1 to many 2B

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to JohnnyLefty's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yeh but didn't the Dodgers already just pay 50 million dollars or something for that Cuban Second Baseman? They are said to have absolutely no interest in Cano and haven't even tried to sign him.

[/QUOTE]

Cano at 2b, Guerrero at SS, Hanley at 3b?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Where is Theo today?  Still stuck in mud trying to play GM for a bad team, not one that he inherited that was well on their way in 2003. 

On its way, but without a playoff appearance in three years, and a team that won 5 playoff games in 16 years.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I've heard that Guerrero could be used at 3B.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think the best way to describe the Dodgers is to remember how many times the Yankees have stated their lack of, or no interest in a player over the years before leaping on them like a Cheetah.  These are games big market teams and high priced agents like Boras play.  I'm not saying Cano doesn't stay in NY, or Hanley in LA after next season buts its fun to watch the rich push the price up on eachother in hopes one gets strapped financially for years to come.

I expect this off season for the Yankees to be similar to when they swept up Tex, Burnett and CC.  They did win a WC with them but have been burned ever since.  I want the Sox to make one big trade (like Kemp or Braun) that could impact the middle of their lineup like the Manny/Papi days but other than that we look pretty good if we can sign Hart or Nap.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Where is Theo today?  Still stuck in mud trying to play GM for a bad team, not one that he inherited that was well on their way in 2003. 

On its way, but without a playoff appearance in three years, and a team that won 5 playoff games in 16 years.

[/QUOTE]

HOW THINGS HAVE CHANGED FOR BOY WONDER/GENIUS JOE.  What Ben has done in one year was real genius and it should get even better.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

HOW THINGS HAVE CHANGED FOR BOY WONDER/GENIUS JOE.  What Ben has done in one year was real genius and it should get even better.

[/QUOTE]

Ben did a great job.  Theo did a great job until he tried bludgeon the league.  That's when he got out of his comfort zone.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think the best way to describe the Dodgers is to remember how many times the Yankees have stated their lack of, or no interest in a player over the years before leaping on them like a Cheetah.  These are games big market teams and high priced agents like Boras play.  I'm not saying Cano doesn't stay in NY, or Hanley in LA after next season buts its fun to watch the rich push the price up on eachother in hopes one gets strapped financially for years to come.

I expect this off season for the Yankees to be similar to when they swept up Tex, Burnett and CC.  They did win a WC with them but have been burned ever since.  I want the Sox to make one big trade (like Kemp or Braun) that could impact the middle of their lineup like the Manny/Papi days but other than that we look pretty good if we can sign Hart or Nap.

[/QUOTE]

I know instinctively I am supposed to say no to Kemp.

And I am quite certain about this.

But I am having trouble getting the image of Kemp/JBJ/Vic in the OF, out of my head.

And with the LAD still looking for an SP and RP, I keep wondering if they'd be interested in Dempster as part of the Kemp contribution, as well as Morales.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The 2003 Cubs were nothing like the 2012 team Epstein inherited.   THe only player on both rosters was Kerry Wood, and he played on several teams and had numoerous arm surgeries in between.

And actually, Epstein has done a really good job rebuilding a farm system that was all but worthless in the Jim Hendry era.  They ranked fifth on the same pre-season upper minors poll that the Sox system ranked first on.  Epstein's process has been slow since he cannot use the draft the same way anymore, so the Cubs are signing mediocre free agents to short deals and trying to flip them in July for prospects (Paul Maholm, Scott Feldman, David DeJesus).  It takes a while, especially if your free agent gets hurt (Scott Baker) or is undesirable (Kevin Gregg).   And here in Chicago, no one seems to be noticing that his process is working; the local media cares nothing about the minors.

But to imply Epstein and Hoyer destroyed a team that "was well on its way" before that tandem even took charge of the Red Sox is a little bit facetious and misinformed...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

But I am having trouble getting the image of Kemp/JBJ/Vic in the OF, out of my head.

And with the LAD still looking for an SP and RP, I keep wondering if they'd be interested in Dempster as part of the Kemp contribution, as well as Morales.

[/QUOTE]

Peavy or Lackey, maybe.  Dempster? Unlikely.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

dempster and morales wouldn't do it. If they want a starting pitcher they'll ask for Lackey and get Peavy. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hey notin,

The next two weeks should be at the very least fun to watch.

... The Yanks still need Cano badlly and SP

... The Dodgers need to dump an OF salary and improve SP plus

... The Sox need a solid OF bat, preferably with more power and to sign a 1B

Should make things fun to watch!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He could have some appeal.  They might feel okay with a #5 type, Dempster could revert in the NL, and there is a certain psychological advantage to not having to cut as large a check.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He could have some appeal.  They might feel okay with a #5 type, Dempster could revert in the NL, and there is a certain psychological advantage to not having to cut as large a check.

[/QUOTE]

ya he could have some appeal as a small piece of the deal. not as the main part of a package for kemp. that's crazy. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

People didn't want to give Ellsbury money because he is injury prone.  Kemp has been hammered with injuries the past 2 seasons.  People think the Dodgers were dumb for taking on all of our bad contracts and they want us to return the favor?  I am confused.