Irrational Exuberance Polls

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

Irrational Exuberance Polls

Since we have fun getting ahead of ourselves pondering greatness prior to mid-season, I figured I'd post my own:

Will Gonzalez have a hot HR streak soon enough to fuel triple crown speculation?

I'm not saying he's going to do it, but my best guess is that he needs to draw within 3 of the league lead to start the frenzy.  He is 6 back right now so a 3 HR week sometime before the ASB might do the trick.  Discuss or post your own Irrational Exuberance Poll in this thread.
    Tongue out

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Re: Irrational Exuberance Polls

to me, the sweetest swing since teddy ballgame. only, teddy ballgame didn't have the type of opposite field power that Agon has. I got a bet with my boss that by the end of the regular season, Agon has atleast 40 dingahs.

Note to Tito: please do NOT put Agon out in the outfield.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

In Response to Irrational Exuberance Polls:
    [QUOTE]Since we have fun getting ahead of ourselves pondering greatness prior to mid-season, I figured I'd post my own: Will Gonzalez have a hot HR streak soon enough to fuel triple crown speculation? I'm not saying he's going to do it, but my best guess is that he needs to draw within 3 of the league lead to start the frenzy.  He is 6 back right now so a 3 HR week sometime before the ASB might do the trick.  Discuss or post your own Irrational Exuberance Poll in this thread.
    Posted by 111SoxFan111[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying he's going to do it, but my best guess is that he needs to draw within 3 of the league lead to start the frenzy. He is 6 back right now so a 3 HR week sometime before the ASB might do the trick.

I'm not saying he's not going to do it, but my best guess is that

the amount (6) of  guys infront of him plus 2 more tied with him

is a bigger issue than only being 6 back

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

@Zac: Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit my friend.  Words like "irrational" and "frenzy" were perhaps too subtle?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prknsdnld. Show prknsdnld's posts

In Response to Re: Irrational Exuberance Polls:
    [QUOTE]to me, the sweetest swing since teddy ballgame. only, teddy ballgame didn't have the type of opposite field power that Agon has. I got a bet with my boss that by the end of the regular season, Agon has atleast 40 dingahs. Note to Tito: please do NOT put Agon out in the outfield.
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]
      They said the same thing about Fred Lynn's swing.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Irrational Exuberance Polls :   They said the same thing about Fred Lynn's swing.
    Posted by prknsdnld[/QUOTE]

Well looking at Gonzo swing myself....It is pretty smooth isnt it?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

Clarifying the first IE question ... the question is NOT will AGone get the triple crown (I'd say 50-1 odds on it would be more than generous).  The question is whether he will hit enough HR in the near term to get people TALKING about it (I'd say 4-1 against).

I'll give you another irrational exuberance question: 

Ryan Lavarnway is sporting a AAA slash line of .417/.481/.792 with 2HR in 24 ABs.  How long before he gets called up?  Will he make Tek obsolete for 2012?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

@Zac: Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit my friend.

I'm not going to argue with that ;-)

Words like "irrational" and "frenzy" were perhaps too subtle?

na, it's just that those words are

a given when describing 73.8 % of the posts
    here

The question is whether he will hit enough HR in the near term to get people TALKING about it (I'd say 4-1 against).

that's not even close to    "irrational" and "frenzy"

actually it's old news

not even counting this thread

there have already been threads on the topic

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

BA and RBI's seem a lock at this point. He needs to go on a HR tear but it certainly within the realm of posssibility. It's been 44 years, 2011 could be the year!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prknsdnld. Show prknsdnld's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Irrational Exuberance Polls : Well looking at Gonzo swing myself....It is pretty smooth isnt it?
    Posted by southpaw777[/QUOTE]
      It sure is. He's a good looking pick around the bag at first, too. No doubt he's the real deal.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

This thread should have been titled "Irrational Exuberance Trolls"

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from small-package. Show small-package's posts

MVP is fine enough

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]MVP is fine enough
    Posted by small-package[/QUOTE]

Agreed; he's the best player in baseball; in the NL, it's Reyes.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Triple crown is definitely a longshot and also irrelevant.  AGon is having a great year and doesn't need the home run crown to win MVP.  He is also slow as molasses, and I don't care.  He has a great swing and a greater head on his shoulders, and marvelous hands at 1B. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Irrational Exuberance Polls :   It sure is. He's a good looking pick around the bag at first, too. No doubt he's the real deal.

Yes he is prknsdnld. I think its going to be really fun watching this guy perform in fenway for the next 7-8 years..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjnmjn. Show mjnmjn's posts

Hey Zac,

Regarding the two players tied with A-Gon ofr the HR lead. Yaz got the triple crown in 1967 with a .326 avg, 121 RBIs and 44 HRs. He tied with H. Killebrew for the HR title, so A-Gon could tie with others as long as he is one of the leaders in each category

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prknsdnld. Show prknsdnld's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Irrational Exuberance Polls : Yes he is prknsdnld. I think its going to be really fun watching this guy perform in fenway for the next 7-8 years..
      He could probably hit until he's 45.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prknsdnld. Show prknsdnld's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Irrational Exuberance Polls : Yes he is prknsdnld. I think its going to be really fun watching this guy perform in fenway for the next 7-8 years..
      Hey, Lefty, who's that in your avatar pic? Grove?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prknsdnld. Show prknsdnld's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Irrational Exuberance Polls :   Hey, Lefty, who's that in your avatar pic? Grove?
      Spahn?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

I agree with Hammah, with his opposite field power he is better than teddy ballgame

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

Hey Zac,

Regarding the two players tied with A-Gon ofr the HR lead. Yaz got the triple crown in 1967 with a .326 avg, 121 RBIs and 44 HRs. He tied with H. Killebrew for the HR title, so A-Gon could tie with others as long as he is one of the leaders in each category

point taken mjnmjn

my only point was that  8 guys would be a bigger issue

than the 6 long balls

but i guess we aren't suppose to make points like ours in this

thread called
    Irrational Exuberance