Is Alphonso Soriano available?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxhero. Show bosoxhero's posts

Is Alphonso Soriano available?

I think the Cubs would unload him.The Yankees have been rumored to be looking at him.He is probably like Gomes but i think a better hitter.I also like his ability to move around the bases.He played in the Al EAst before and was a good player.He may be old but that seems to be what the Sox like.I will look to see how many years he has left on his contract.But i think would be a good addition.Better than Francouer.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Re: Is Alphonso Soriano available?

I think the Yankees are serious about getting their payroll under $189 million by 2014.

They still need to resign Cano too.

My guess is, they do not pursue Soriano.  If the Yankees do sign Soriano, then I believe he will be the youngest Yankee.  LOL

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to bosoxhero's comment:

I think the Cubs would unload him.The Yankees have been rumored to be looking at him.He is probably like Gomes but i think a better hitter.I also like his ability to move around the bases.He played in the Al EAst before and was a good player.He may be old but that seems to be what the Sox like.I will look to see how many years he has left on his contract.But i think would be a good addition.Better than Francouer.

Alfonso Soriano reportedly has two years and $36 million remaining on his contract, which includes a full no-trade clause:

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/compensation/cots/national-league-central/chicago-cubs/

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Sori has been available for 4 years now

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

meh. not interested. we are still looking for a platoon partner for Gomes who can hir RHP very well. Soriano is about even vs LHP and RHP  although recently has been hitting lefties better than righties. not worth any prospects or the money left on his contract...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxhero. Show bosoxhero's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

meh. not interested. we are still looking for a platoon partner for Gomes who can hir RHP very well. Soriano is about even vs LHP and RHP  although recently has been hitting lefties better than righties. not worth any prospects or the money left on his contract...

you wouldn't want his power in the sox lineup?he is not very good defensively but either is gomes.everybody groaned when we signed him.i think theo would gladly part with soriano.we could trade britton who people are wanting to dump.and salty,another guy nobody seems to think is the answer at catcher.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

His contract would put us over the luxury tax threshold. That, and we already have a RH who hits LHP. I wouldnt give up any prospects for him as I see Soriano as redundant.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to bosoxhero's comment:

In response to mef429's comment:

you wouldn't want his power in the sox lineup?he is not very good defensively but either is gomes.everybody groaned when we signed him.i think theo would gladly part with soriano.we could trade britton who people are wanting to dump.and salty,another guy nobody seems to think is the answer at catcher.

nope. i don't think he is a very good ballplayer and like southpaw just said, he is redundant in an OF where 2 of our 3 starters hit lefties much better than righties. If Theo wanted to eat most of his contract AND trade him for scraps i might consider it but the chances of that happening are slim.. I wouldn't give up Salty for the dude even if Theo ate ALL of his contract.

If he hit righties well then i might consider, but that is not the case. Pass

we need an OF'er who can hit righties well. Soriano is not that, i'd rather put the prospects needed to trade for AS towards a platoon cantidate.

10. This post has been removed.