Is BJ Upton worth pursuing?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from boboinfla. Show boboinfla's posts

Is BJ Upton worth pursuing?

Rays admit they can't afford him. He certainly is not Ells, but is durable and only 28. He is above average in D and is just so-so on offense. No Carl Crawford money here. Can he fit in Boston if they trade Ells? I see the guy everyday and see him as a good player, but not a stud. He also doesn't break down every year.  At the rightprice, he could roam CF we;ll unless Kalish is ready. He plays well in clutch situations. I have no idea who else would/could outbid RS. I feel it an interesting situation that I really cannot make up my mind about.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: Is BJ Upton worth pursuing?

No. The Red Sox need to be looking for pitching and a new manager.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

No, as in No way!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Nay.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to boboinfla's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rays admit they can't afford him. He certainly is not Ells, but is durable and only 28. He is above average in D and is just so-so on offense. No Carl Crawford money here. Can he fit in Boston if they trade Ells? I see the guy everyday and see him as a good player, but not a stud. He also doesn't break down every year.  At the rightprice, he could roam CF we;ll unless Kalish is ready. He plays well in clutch situations. I have no idea who else would/could outbid RS. I feel it an interesting situation that I really cannot make up my mind about.

[/QUOTE]

Never liked BJ much, Justin may even be a risky aquisition depending on the asking price.  I'm not holding as much faith in Kalish after watching him this season but you never know. We also need to keep Ells until we know Bradley is for real.  It's a tough call on how we upgrade the OF, even Hamilton has his personal and DL issues.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I'm thinking not.  Lots of strikeouts, good fielder, maybe an attitude issue.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

No. Don't want him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brickbat. Show Brickbat's posts

No. I agree with Carnie.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Hard to say. He has out-performed his brother this year, and his brother seems to be very much coveted. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

No to both Upton brothers.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

not better than Elles? based on what?  Other than 2011 what has Elles done? 

12. This post has been removed.