1. You have chosen to ignore posts from floridamike. Show floridamike's posts

Is Bobby V next?

I honestly like the guy.....However it's pretty evident he's got to go?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from eab2011. Show eab2011's posts

Re: Is Bobby V next?

They can't get rid of him soon enough

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

If that is the plan, then they should have jettisoned him back on August 1st and seen if play improved.  If it had, then giving AGon and Crawford away might not have been in the cards, and this trade would not have had to happen.  If play continued to be medicre then this trade still could have been made.  To fire Bobby V. now means they did it backwards, IMO.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Probably no reason to fire Valentine and eat a year of his contract when the team will be rebuilding any way. He was a bad hire for this team in this market, but for what the RS will be doing in the next year it matters little IMHO.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from boboinfla. Show boboinfla's posts

In Response to Re: Is Bobby V next?:
    [QUOTE]They can't get rid of him soon enough
    Posted by eab2011[/QUOTE]

I believe FO will keep BV and take a shot at Farrell as his contract is over next season. As far as the trade: we lost with them and we can lose without them. We will now find out how smart Ben is. I believe Bill James is still under contract to Sox. We know nothing much will happen next year. Spend for a good manager at that time and in the meanwhile spend well. That means dealing with Borax on Ells.