Is it possible to trade Carl Crawford?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterbase. Show betterbase's posts

Is it possible to trade Carl Crawford?

To some desperate teams, like LA Angels. Carl is not much of use. The contract is too much for a No. 6 hitter. It's far more worse than the Drew contract. Theo made a huge mistake. Crawford will never justify his contract, and it's all Theo's fault. Before it's too late, Carl must be removed. And Epstein should stop signing stupid contracts.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ---The-Babe---. Show ---The-Babe---'s posts

Re: Is it possible to trade Carl Crawford?

no

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In Response to Is it possible to trade Carl Crawford?:
    [QUOTE]To some desperate teams, like LA Angels. Carl is not much of use. The contract is too much for a No. 6 hitter. It's far more worse than the Drew contract. Theo made a huge mistake. Crawford will never justify his contract, and it's all Theo's fault. Before it's too late, Carl must be removed. And Epstein should stop signing stupid contracts.
    Posted by betterbase[/QUOTE]

I wouldnt worry about a BILLIONAIRE spending 20mil per...I think its safe to say that the team wont be handcuffed by the deal..Maybe for your first post you should show a little more intelligence and not call the guy a bust 3 months into a 7 year deal and then actually suggest to dump him..he hit 305 in May and was at 298 in June before he got hurt..Relax junior..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ---The-Babe---. Show ---The-Babe---'s posts

In Response to Re: Is it possible to trade Carl Crawford?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Is it possible to trade Carl Crawford? : I wouldnt worry about a BILLIONAIRE spending 20mil per...I think its safe to say that the team wont be handcuffed by the deal..Maybe for your first post you should show a little more intelligence and not call the guy a bust 3 months into a 7 year deal and then actually suggest to dump him..he hit 305 in May and was at 298 in June before he got hurt..Relax junior..
    Posted by southpaw777[/QUOTE]

Even if crawful plays to his career averages it is still a bad contract. So maybe you are the junior who needs to relax.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Ummm..no. 

A player's worth on the market is determined like anything else's worth - what a willing buyer will pay a willing seller in an arm's length transaction.  Crawford's worth was somewhat determined when Jason Werth signed that 7-year, $126MM contract with the Nats. 
    The Red Sox FO paid the going rate (established by Werth and the Nats) for a player with better numbers and a much better upside than Werth. 

We can complain that the going rate was too high (which I DO complain about) but at the time of the transaction it was a reasonable deal.

Crawford undeniably got off to a slow start, but he is what he is and that start, even the first half of this season, isn't indicitive of who Carl Crawford is.  When this contract is over we'll be looking at it saying that it was a fair contract for both parties. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from william93063. Show william93063's posts

Relax, the guy hasn't even played half of a season yet.  He needs more time before we can say his signing is a failure.  He has been a disappointment so far, emphasis on the SO FAR!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

He was hitting .295 since the beginning of May when he went down with injury. Let's see what he does when he comes back. We all know what Carl Crawford is capable of, and we all know he's better than his poor start would indicate (or at least I hope we do) - it's silly to give up on the guy 3 months into a 7-year contract. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

There is NO WAY Craul Crufud (Don Orsillo's "Mr. Pitch Count" pronouncing his name) is worth 20 million a year, and he will NEVER produce enough to justify his idiotic signing.
    The Sox are stuck with this albatross for SEVEN years.
    So, he hit .295 since May. Who cares? Little power, and not as great in the field as touted.
    His base stealing is negated, because the Sox, unlike TB, don't play small ball.
    So, what insane GM is going to want him? Not one. There was no great market for Crawford this winter, and Theo fell all over himself to overpay for a piece that will never fit,and will never justify his ludicrous contract.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ---The-Babe---. Show ---The-Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]There is NO WAY Craul Crufud (Don Orsillo's "Mr. Pitch Count" pronouncing his name) is worth 20 million a year, and he will NEVER produce enough to justify his idiotic signing. The Sox are stuck with this albatross for SEVEN years. So, he hit .295 since May. Who cares? Little power, and not as great in the field as touted. His base stealing is negated, because the Sox, unlike TB, don't play small ball. So, what insane GM is going to want him? Not one. There was no great market for Crawford this winter, and Theo fell all over himself to overpay for a piece that will never fit,and will never justify his ludicrous contract.
    Posted by tbrod[/QUOTE]

Bingo....nail on the head

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from william93063. Show william93063's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it possible to trade Carl Crawford? : Bingo....nail on the head
    Posted by ---The-Babe---[/QUOTE]

Yup,

Brian Cashman has absolutely never overpayed for free agent's who didn't earn their dough, where should I begin?  Randy Johnson, Kevin Brown, Jose Contreras, Kai Igawa, Carl Pavano, Javier Vazquez. These guys were terrible performers for a lot of payroll and the one guy the Yankees absolutely positively HAD to have , Cliff Lee, they couldn't get done.  How's the non Cliff Lee siging working out?  Oh right he had a historic month of June in which he was unscored upon in 3 straight games.

This is 3 month's into Crawford's tenure, not 3 years.  I would take Theo Epstein  over Cashman any day.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ---The-Babe---. Show ---The-Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it possible to trade Carl Crawford? : Yup, Brian Cashman has absolutely never overpayed for free agent's who didn't earn their dough, where should I begin?  Randy Johnson, Kevin Brown, Jose Contreras, Kai Igawa, Carl Pavano, Javier Vazquez. These guys were terrible performers for a lot of payroll and the one guy the Yankees absolutely positively HAD to have , Cliff Lee, they couldn't get done.  How's the non Cliff Lee siging working out?  Oh right he had a historic month of June in which he was unscored upon in 3 straight games.   This is 3 month's into Crawford's tenure, not 3 years.  I would take Theo Epstein  over Cashman any day.
    Posted by william93063[/QUOTE]

LOL...whatever signing Cashman has done over the years doesn't change the fact that crawful's is a terrible contract.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

What the hell does Crawford and Theo have to do with Brian Cashman?
    Crawford is a bigger bust and far more expensive than any of Cashman's bad signings.
    The thread is asking if it's possible to TRADE Cr-oh for-d. Also, Cashman didn't pursue Crawford to any extent, and it looked like he was headed for LA, until Theo's massive brain failure kicked in.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

if crawford is all those things you listed why would anyone else want him? also he is overpaid but he is a good player so why even bring this up

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from william93063. Show william93063's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it possible to trade Carl Crawford? : LOL...whatever signing Cashman has done over the years doesn't change the fact that crawful's is a terrible contract.
    Posted by ---The-Babe---[/QUOTE]

Hey babe, check back with me in 2-3 seasons.  I suspect you'll be eating a raven!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

is it possible for people to stop being so stupid? crawford is a solid baseball player. we have him for 6 more years..just wahch him play and be happy he is on the red sox...he will do more good than bad...no baseball player is worth the money they get...the red sox are winning so just shutup about crawford...come play-offs the guy will do damage.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ---The-Babe---. Show ---The-Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it possible to trade Carl Crawford? : Hey babe, check back with me in 2-3 seasons.  I suspect you'll be eating a raven!
    Posted by william93063[/QUOTE]

No, even if crawful plays up to his career averages it is still a bad contract.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

Damage in the playoffs????
    He hit .143 last year. The only team he hurt was the Sox in 2008. Oh, and 2011.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from thee-yazzer. Show thee-yazzer's posts

when was the last time the sox were able to trade an 'inepstein' free agent without eating most of the contract? so,no,it is not possible to trade crawford. theo's free agent signings just get worse and worse. he is pathetic.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ---The-Babe---. Show ---The-Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]is it possible for people to stop being so stupid? crawford is a solid baseball player. we have him for 6 more years..just wahch him play and be happy he is on the red sox...he will do more good than bad...no baseball player is worth the money they get...the red sox are winning so just shutup about crawford...come play-offs the guy will do damage.
    Posted by raider3524[/QUOTE]

LOL...you mean with his lifetime .253 postseason BA or his stellar .287 OBP?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from craig2174. Show craig2174's posts

Is it possible to trade the original poster to a yankee forum?  What a tard.   I don't how some of these jack@#$s can even try and call themselves fans of the Red Sox when all they do is bash everyone on the team win or lose.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterbase. Show betterbase's posts

Crawford can be a decent top-of-the-line hitter elsewhere. Jacoby and Dustin are just better than Carl. And Crawford lacks power to hit No 4. or 5. in the batting order, compared to Youk or Ortiz. Carl's value as a No. 6 hitter is just not great. His skills will be put to good use somewhere else, not here. So some teams might want him. I don't blame Carl, he is a good player, it's just Theo's blunder.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

I won't argue the point that the yearly salary is too high, but in todays market so many players are paid more than their actual value. I understand fans eeling like the salary is not justified, but if you look at Crawfords long term career
    stats we clearly got a very good player with great skills who is having an off year, but he has consistantly hit around .300, driven in a lot of runs for a player who is a table setter, and scored around 100 runs a year for a light hitting Tampa Bay team.

As many so far have mentioned, 3 months does make a career or season and he has hit around .300 for the past few months. My issue with Crawford is to learn more patience at the plate as his career OBP is pretty and he strikes out too often with only 30-40 walks per year. If he could improve his patience, walk more often, strike out less, etc his OBP would improve. 

Guess my other concern is the question can Crawford handle the pressure of playing in a big market town like Boston. Only time will tell. Over all this was a good signing by Theo, but if the deal goes South and Crawford doesn't live up to the hype, I don't blame Theo. Based on his career so far at Tampa Bay and only 29 years old, hopefully the deal works out. 

Hetchinspete.   

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ---The-Babe---. Show ---The-Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]F you Babe.  Solid player and fun to watch! Nice to cherry pick stats. Shouldn't you be watching your $200M plus team play while they look to add players?  LOL
    Posted by NegativeTrollsAbound[/QUOTE]

cherry pick stats? those are his postseason numbers, no cherry picking necessary.

And the Yanks are in a rain delay, otherwise I would be watching them.

And why laugh because they are going to try to add players to improve the best team in thew AL? Better than having a GM that has to sit on his hands because he can't add payroll for fear of the luxury tax. Not that theo is all that good at the deadline anyway. gagne anyone?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from the---yazzer. Show the---yazzer's posts

[QUOTE]Crawford can be a decent top-of-the-line hitter elsewhere. Jacoby and Dustin are just better than Carl. And Crawford lacks power to hit No 4. or 5. in the batting order, compared to Youk or Ortiz. Carl's value as a No. 6 hitter is just not great. His skills will be put to good use somewhere else, not here. So some teams might want him. I don't blame Carl, he is a good player, it's just Theo's blunder.
    Posted by betterbase[/QUOTE]

well said. if they ever write a book about 'inepstein' free agent signings, the title s/b 'theo's blunders.'

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

Dittos to what Hetchinspete said. Did we overpay for Crawford ? Probably. We needed to get younger & faster in left field, and Theo probably wanted to keep Crawford away from Evil Empire. Also recall what Craw has done to Boston in past.

It's a BIT early to write off a good offensive player with excellent speed, especially one with stellar defense. If he hits his career numbers in Fenway we'll all be happy with him. Plus IF he can learn to use the Wall like Boggs, Gonzo, etc we MAY end up with a real find.