Is Pedey getting the "C"???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxguy617. Show soxguy617's posts

Is Pedey getting the "C"???

Is there going to be an actual press conference for the new deal or is it just going to be a conference call? Are they gonna pull a Varitek and give Pedey the "C"??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: Is Pedey getting the

imo would be deserving..but please make it in title recognition only..leave it off the jersey

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

PLease Lord NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

imo would be deserving..but please make it in title recognition only..leave it off the jersey

He already has the title recognition, whether it's "official" or not.  Right now, Papi shares some of that with him.  Ownership stated that a big part of Pedroia's extension is that he's the player they want the younger guys looking up to.  That pretty much says it right there.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:

[QUOTE]

He already has the title recognition, whether it's "official" or not.  Right now, Papi shares some of that with him.  Ownership stated that a big part of Pedroia's extension is that he's the player they want the younger guys looking up to.  That pretty much says it right there.

[/QUOTE] well with the way kids grow these days, and with his height...he'll likely be the one looking up :-) 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

well with the way kids grow these days, and with his height...he'll likely be the one looking up :-) 

Watch it Jete!! Wink

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Pedey wears his "C" on the inside.        

Pollyanna Pinkhat Left/Soc/Rad/Moonbat 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] well with the way kids grow these days, and with his height...he'll likely be the one looking up :-) 

[/QUOTE]

easy kid Wink

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

one thing that pedie has going for him is his deep humility. everytime a sports writer like peter gammons tries to get him to talk about himself or his stats or achievements he always laughs and changes the subject. asked once about if he will get to 3,000 hits as a red sox he said nah, I don't think about that stuff man. I just love to go out there and make fun of Iggy when we're taking ground balls. It's pretty obvious to me who the captain of the red sox is and so does every guy in that clubhouse.

note to Chad Finn. saying that signing pedie to a long term contract is risky is like saying "hey, read my column please." In Hammah terms, "blow it out your duffle bag finn.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:

In response to Hammah29r2's comment:

one thing that pedie has going for him is his deep humility. everytime a sports writer tries to get him to talk about himself or his stats or achievements he always laughs and changes the subject. asked once about if he will get to 3,000 hits as a red sox he said nah, I don't think about that stuff man. I just love to go out there and make fun of Iggy when we're taking ground balls. It's pretty obvious to me who the captain of the red sox is and so does every guy in that clubhouse.

note to Chad Finn. saying that signing pedie to a long term contract is risky is like saying "hey, read my column please." In Hammah terms, "blow it out your duffle bag finn.

Yes, he is pretty good in front of the cameras and on the radio.  His interviews are from the heart and not once did it sould like he was handed the questions beforehand.

He is well liked and he hates C.C. Sabathia, which makes him ok in my book.

me too jack. last year when bobby v went off about youk pedie was the first guy to speak up and say "that's not how we do stuff around mere man. I hated bobby v. but that just goes to show you how brilliant ben c is. he knew that he would completely fail which would in tern get us John Farrell back.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Oh no!  Not the "C" word.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

If Jeter doesn't where the C on his jersey I would doubt Pedroia would.

He and Ortiz are the leaders and our captains, our players know it, opposing players know it and the fans know it---who else is there that needs to know.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prknsdnld. Show prknsdnld's posts

In response to soxguy617's comment:

Is there going to be an actual press conference for the new deal or is it just going to be a conference call? Are they gonna pull a Varitek and give Pedey the "C"??

Petey, like Jeter, has too much humility to put a "C" on his jersey. That's a hockey can't-see-your-face thing. I know of only 2 baseball players that did it: Jason Varitek and Mike Sweeney of the Royals.