is there a better middle infield than IGGY-KINSLER?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommyContrarianOnTwitter. Show CommyContrarianOnTwitter's posts

is there a better middle infield than IGGY-KINSLER?

tigs just pulled a major heist.. defense got betta, offense willl b different but BETTER.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from one-for-the-road. Show one-for-the-road's posts

Re: is there a better middle infield than IGGY-KINSLER?

I think it depends, Kisnler I like, but I think his numbers will hurt moving to Comerica, and Iglesias, well his numbers just hurt

I dont think Kinsler is that much better than Infante; it was never about 2b, it was all about Prince´s salary and moving Cabrera from 3b

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

Pedey and whoever plays SS is better.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Pedey-Bogaerts.  And I'd bet real money they have a higher combined WAR than Kinsler/Iggy.

But Escobar/Zobrist is probably the current gold standard.

The biggest advantage for Detroit is that they are starting to undo their collection of 1Bs.  Taking an aging 1B with little lateral movement, and planting him at 3rd (literally 'planting') was always an issue.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Pedroia-Drew

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Andrus and Profar in 2 years.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

tigs just pulled a major heist.. defense got betta, offense willl b different but BETTER.

Pedrioa, Drew ....

[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from djcbuffum. Show djcbuffum's posts

You know, it's odd. I was reading Finn's column on the Bill James Handbook, and there was this observation about the left side of our infield:

Runs Saved -- a detailed but understandable explanation of how it is calculated can be found here -- is one of the more user-friendly defensive measures. Gold Glove-caliber defense is considered 15 Runs Saved or more. Wily Mo Pena-level defense is minus-15 runs or more. An average defender is 0, and above-average is generally plus-five. All of that in mind, a couple of conclusions about the Red Sox' defense in '13: They were brutalat third base (minus-18) and slightly below average at shortstop (minus-4), which is fairly remarkable given that the dazzling Jose Iglesias played 34 games at third and 29 at shortstop this season ... The Red Sox were plus-15 at second base. In a related note, Dustin Pedroia was named the Defensive Player of the Year ...

http://www.boston.com/sports/touching_all_the_bases/2013/11/bill_james_handbook_red_sox.html

Since both Drew and Iglesias are considered a plus defense, this is really baffling. I understand WMB is a liability, but he can't account for the minus-4 at SS. It makes one wonder...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

YES,   IGGY & PEDY  !!!!    Just saying ......

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

YES,   IGGY & PEDY  !!!!    Just saying ......

[/QUOTE]

Actually, Drew and pedey were better...Just sayin.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Texas got Fielder, Profar, Andrus, and Beltre.   Maybe they are one of the most dangerous hitters in MLB, but defense, they may have a great SS/2nd base combination, but poor corner defense.  

Who care who is better.  Iggy was on the Tigers while Boston won the whole thing where no one even bother to talk about who have the best SS/2nd in MLB or best OF defense in MLB or best corner defense in MLB or best catcher in MLB.  It is not about who have the best two positions in baseball.  It is all about chemistry, best 9 all around defenders, deep pitching and great bull pen!!!  Tigers may have good infielding defense, but catcher is average, OF except maybe Jackson are average defense and poor bullpen pitching.  I think the only best thing that they have is the deep starting rotation.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Pedey and Marrero would look pretty good.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

and Tigers can try to sign Max with this move too............good move by them.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Texas got Fielder, Profar, Andrus, and Beltre.   Maybe they are one of the most dangerous hitters in MLB, but defense, they may have a great SS/2nd base combination, but poor corner defense.  

Who care who is better.  Iggy was on the Tigers while Boston won the whole thing where no one even bother to talk about who have the best SS/2nd in MLB or best OF defense in MLB or best corner defense in MLB or best catcher in MLB.  It is not about who have the best two positions in baseball.  It is all about chemistry, best 9 all around defenders, deep pitching and great bull pen!!!  Tigers may have good infielding defense, but catcher is average, OF except maybe Jackson are average defense and poor bullpen pitching.  I think the only best thing that they have is the deep starting rotation.  

[/QUOTE]

Poor defense on 1st of fielder doesn't dh then yes, but adrien beltre is one of the best defensive 3rd basemen to wear a glovem

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think this was a huge move for that organization.  Very very solid baseball move all around.  From the business aspect where they will potentially save enough money to be able to offer enough cash to keep Scherzer to a defensive standpoint.  They get to move Miggy over to first since he really can't field the third base position anymore.  They upgrade at second and fill in one of the glaring weaknesses they had that we exposed in the playoffs.

Texas also makes out well in the deal as they lock down a middle of the order bat that they have been searching for at a price that wasn't too much higher than what they were paying Kinsler per year while allowing them to substitute in quality prospects that were blocked.  Win win for both teams in my book and a very good baseball trade.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to RedSoxDOrtiz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think this was a huge move for that organization.  Very very solid baseball move all around.  From the business aspect where they will potentially save enough money to be able to offer enough cash to keep Scherzer to a defensive standpoint.  They get to move Miggy over to first since he really can't field the third base position anymore.  They upgrade at second and fill in one of the glaring weaknesses they had that we exposed in the playoffs.

Texas also makes out well in the deal as they lock down a middle of the order bat that they have been searching for at a price that wasn't too much higher than what they were paying Kinsler per year while allowing them to substitute in quality prospects that were blocked.  Win win for both teams in my book and a very good baseball trade.

[/QUOTE]

Since Prince was booed right out of town.Detriot fans think ,i mean really think this was a solid move all around.  Texas makes out really well.... they hope????... They bought the fat cat.Don't over feed him with star power it might just go to his head.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Andrus and Profar?

Rendon and Desmond?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to youkillus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Maybe but I doubt this will be the last time discussed.  I am sure a lot of red sox fans are hoping iggy is a big bust, so they can justify the peavy trade.  BTW, Iggy's numbers were just fine for someone in the ninth hole.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to steven11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Maybe but I doubt this will be the last time discussed.  I am sure a lot of red sox fans are hoping iggy is a big bust, so they can justify the peavy trade.  BTW, Iggy's numbers were just fine for someone in the ninth hole.

[/QUOTE]

I don't hope Iggy is a bust. The Peavy trade was the right move at the time.

The Sox system is well equiped on the left side of the infield going forward. Not sure Iggy would have been any more than a bench player.

His numbers were ok for a 9 hole hitter. It was 2 defensive plays that I will remember.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from craig2174. Show craig2174's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

absolutely agree  Xander and Dustin , Better

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from HailToTheKing. Show HailToTheKing's posts

I think Drew and Pedey were FANTASTIC together.  WOuld love to see a few more years of that combo with Xander at 3B.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

By next August I highly doubt anyone will complain about the Pedey/Bogey infield. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to Hingham Hammer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to steven11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't hope Iggy is a bust. The Peavy trade was the right move at the time.

The Sox system is well equiped on the left side of the infield going forward. Not sure Iggy would have been any more than a bench player.

His numbers were ok for a 9 hole hitter. It was 2 defensive plays that I will remember.

[/QUOTE]

+1

The Sox won a World Series. I'd rather win a World Seried than a trade