Is there any doubt?? BIG PAPI is DONE!!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Is there any doubt?? BIG PAPI is DONE!!!!!!

Tough injury to come back from at age 36/42 with a frame of 250+ lb's  !!!    What say you, all you wise T-Ballers  ?????????????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

Re: Is there any doubt?? BIG PAPI is DONE!!!!!!

I'm dissappointed at your celebratory attitude, when we've just lost one of our most consistantly top notched players to a terrible injury. Ortiz is a beloved Red Sox player who's never once caused us trouble and, in fact, helped us manage some of our less than positive players in the past. I love Big Papi and appreciate everything he's done for us each and every year. I hope he can/will sign with us for next season also, though understand his age makes a multi yr deal unlikely.  

In Response to Is there any doubt?? BIG PAPI is DONE!!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]    Tough injury to come back from at age 36/42 with a frame of 250+ lb's  !!!    What say you, all you wise T-Ballers  ?????????????
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

probably right

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In Response to Re: Is there any doubt?? BIG PAPI is DONE!!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]I'm dissappointed at your celebratory attitude, when we've just lost one of our most consistantly top notched players to a terrible injury. Ortiz is a beloved Red Sox player who's never once caused us trouble and, in fact, helped us manage some of our less than positive players in the past. I love Big Papi and appreciate everything he's done for us each and every year. I hope he can/will sign with us for next season also, though understand his age makes a multi yr deal unlikely.   In Response to Is there any doubt?? BIG PAPI is DONE!!!!!! :
    Posted by Teakus[/QUOTE]

Sorry but I don't see any attitude. Just a straight forward comment.

BTW NEVER any trouble???? The guy that has complained to the press about drama now but not when Manny was here. The guy who has complained about a 14M contract and being disrespected?
    He was quiet when Manny was here and the two were killing people when he lost Manny in the line up he complained about the lack of support.

I hope he is gone next year and they have a guy who can actually play a position on a regular basis as well as DH. It will be cheaper and give BV more flexibility

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

He's be smart if he doesn't come back this year with free agency on the horizon. The Red Sox should finally let him walk and test out free agency.  See how other teams are more generous than the Red Sox.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]I'm dissappointed at your celebratory attitude, when we've just lost one of our most consistantly top notched players to a terrible injury. Ortiz is a beloved Red Sox player who's never once caused us trouble and, in fact, helped us manage some of our less than positive players in the past. I love Big Papi and appreciate everything he's done for us each and every year. I hope he can/will sign with us for next season also, though understand his age makes a multi yr deal unlikely.   In Response to Is there any doubt?? BIG PAPI is DONE!!!!!! :
    Posted by Teakus[/QUOTE] Please don't be DISSAPPOINTED, however don't let the TRUTH/FACTS get in the way for your love of the former great player !!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is there any doubt?? BIG PAPI is DONE!!!!!! : Sorry but I don't see any attitude. Just a straight forward comment. BTW NEVER any trouble???? The guy that has complained to the press about drama now but not when Manny was here. The guy who has complained about a 14M contract and being disrespected? He was quiet when Manny was here and the two were killing people when he lost Manny in the line up he complained about the lack of support. I hope he is gone next year and they have a guy who can actually play a position on a regular basis as well as DH. It will be cheaper and give BV more flexibility
    Posted by JimfromFlorida[/QUOTE]Jim, Looks like we are on the same page here !!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Ortiz is disgustingly selfish.

But, I only half blame him. The other half goes to management for creating and harboring an environment where it's ok for players to say such outrageous things.

On the one hand, here's Crawford playing on borrowed time before he inevitably gets surgery. And then here's Ortiz, who stated very clearly he WILL NOT JEOPARDIZE HIS F/A! Selfish, greedy, jerk.

'Big Papi' has been dead for a long time. David Ortiz can pack up and get the he!! out too. Thanks for all you've done, for shame for turning into such a shallow, materialistic loser.

Doesn't perform when he's under contract for multiple years, and suddenly DOES, for 2 straight, 1 year deals. Then says THIS nonsense, and expects a multi-year deal?

He s u c k s. What a jerk. Goodbye. I wish Victor Martinez had been given that slot.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Would have been better to trade him in July... too late now.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]Would have been better to trade him in July... too late now.
    Posted by EnchiladaT[/QUOTE]Good Call, SON !!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]Would have been better to trade him in July... too late now.
    Posted by EnchiladaT[/QUOTE]

July was too late.

December was more appropriate. It's laughable to think of now, but he had VALUE then!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

[QUOTE]Ortiz is disgustingly selfish. But, I only half blame him. The other half goes to management for creating and harboring an environment where it's ok for players to say such outrageous things. On the one hand, here's Crawford playing on borrowed time before he inevitably gets surgery. And then here's Ortiz, who stated very clearly he WILL NOT JEOPARDIZE HIS F/A! Selfish, greedy, jerk. 'Big Papi' has been dead for a long time. David Ortiz can pack up and get the he!! out too. Thanks for all you've done, for shame for turning into such a shallow, materialistic loser. Doesn't perform when he's under contract for multiple years, and suddenly DOES, for 2 straight, 1 year deals. Then says THIS nonsense, and expects a multi-year deal? He s u c k s. What a jerk. Goodbye. I wish Victor Martinez had been given that slot.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]
    I would be fine in letting Papi test the FA market because I think the Sox are paying him more than he could get and he needs to come to that realization...that said it is wrong to say he didnt perform becuase he had a multi year deal.....his 1st year of that deal, he had an MVP quality season.....the second year he hurt his wrist played in only 109 games, still hit 23hr and 89 RBI's......the 3rd year after the miserable start he ended up with 28 and 99.....so to say he sucked is revisionist history.....during that 4 year deal he was maling 13mm per.....and even with the reduced numbers he was worth that as he may even be the 14mm he is making this year....his fault now is his whining about the 14mm when he could not get those dollars in the current baseball landscape.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

everyday papi is on the DL, is one more day that we realize we dont need him, and he doesnt need us....im OK with him walking - i would rather save the 15 mil for a decent pitcher and play the kids more

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]everyday papi is on the DL, is one more day that we realize we dont need him, and he doesnt need us....im OK with him walking - i would rather save the 15 mil for a decent pitcher and play the kids more
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]BINGO !!!! Gerome, you know your stuff !!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

[QUOTE]Ortiz is disgustingly selfish. But, I only half blame him. The other half goes to management for creating and harboring an environment where it's ok for players to say such outrageous things. On the one hand, here's Crawford playing on borrowed time before he inevitably gets surgery. And then here's Ortiz, who stated very clearly he WILL NOT JEOPARDIZE HIS F/A! Selfish, greedy, jerk. 'Big Papi' has been dead for a long time. David Ortiz can pack up and get the he!! out too. Thanks for all you've done, for shame for turning into such a shallow, materialistic loser. Doesn't perform when he's under contract for multiple years, and suddenly DOES, for 2 straight, 1 year deals. Then says THIS nonsense, and expects a multi-year deal? He s u c k s. What a jerk. Goodbye. I wish Victor Martinez had been given that slot.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is there any doubt?? BIG PAPI is DONE!!!!!! : July was too late. December was more appropriate. It's laughable to think of now, but he had VALUE then!

I was for moving him before 2011, he ended up being quite productive so it was not the end of the world - in fact it was good to see he could still hit. This year would have been the best time to move him, in July. We could have gotten somthing of value,

Thankfully he is on a one year deal.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

At one point, the Tigers had said that Martinez could come back as soon as late August. Now, sources say, it's only a 50-50 shot that he returns at all this year.

Martinez still hasn't been able to run, and still can't put full weight on the knee.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

I don't I've seen a collection of comments this inane and stupid. Nobody is paying attention to "what have you done for me lately"; and the answer to that is PLENTY!

Or doesn't that count anymore. I'm beginning to wonder why any free agent would agree to come to the Boston. Now you guys are even trashing Pedroia!!!!

I guess a lot of you are mimicking the so-called sports writers.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

Rarely do I read a post with absolutely no truth in it at all. "Doesn't perform when he's under contract?" Bah! While obviously and irrefutedly the greatest DH of our era, he may well be the best ever. He also helped us deal with many difficult personalities and led us to 2 WS titles. Better check your facts before you spout nonsense. And why should he jeopardise his chance for a decent contract after not being offered the 2 yr deal he so clearly deserved after last season? Had he been securely under contract for next season he could risk playing now, but he'd be a fool to risk it sans contract.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

By not signing Ortiz, the team saves $14M and they have an extra position player, which is significant. It allows players like Pedroia, Gonzalez, Middlebrooks and Crawford a day off by DHing.

It also eliminates any hassles and allows Ortiz to see how much money other teams are willing to pay for his DH only services.

Also, it allows the Red Sox to try and move Beckett, eat some of that contract and use the savings of Beckett plus Ortiz to go get a pitcher.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

So to summarize, we have a player who is hitting 316/414/609, leading the league in several categories, who suffered a freak injury and is frustrated about it and who is doing what he can to get back in the lineup.  And some fans who can't wait to push him out the door. 

Some fans deserve a sub-.500 team.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]So to summarize, we have a player who is hitting 316/414/609, leading the league in several categories, who suffered a freak injury and is frustrated about it and who is doing what he can to get back in the lineup.  And some fans who can't want to push him out the door.  Some fans deserve a sub-.500 team.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]WRONG !!!!!   Can't push him out, till he gets back on the field......  BTW, that won't happen as he has a season/life injury that will bring the curtain down !!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is there any doubt?? BIG PAPI is DONE!!!!!! : WRONG !!!!!   Can't push him out, till he gets back on the field......  BTW, that won't happen as he has a season/life injury that will bring the curtain down !!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

OK Doctor Bill.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

With all the injuries Ellsbury has had the last 3 years, he must be lying about his age too. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]With all the injuries Ellsbury has had the last 3 years, he must be lying about his age too. 
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]

That must be the case.

And Middlebrooks is out for the season, so there's no way he's only 23.