Is this Rock Bottom ?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Is this Rock Bottom ?

I thought I seen it all with this team until last night . Is this the lowest of the lows ? After starting this road trip 0-5 and being completely embarrassed by the Angels and A's could they do the unthinkable and go 0-9 on the road trip ? Really, what makes us think they can beat Oakland or Seattle ? Even the most optimistics have to admit that this team is a total gong show.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: Is this Rock Bottom ?

"Once they sign #3 hitter and franchise player Ellsbury to 7 years and 142 million, that will be rock bottom."

They are NOT going to re-sign Ellsbury for that kind of deal. 

Care to make it interesting? ($$$) I win you become a Dodgers fan and post in their forums. You win and I get you a Dodger jersey and you post in their forums.

p.s. you may want to try one of your old banned screen names like Hillbilly, they make work during this transitional period.   Trolls for your ignore list (when that feature is re-added): GoGreen and TommyRules:  fake Celtics fans and sockpuppets.  "Puddin":  self-admitted "creepy" anti-Rondo obsession

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

A lot of people wanted to release half the roster and bring up so and so from Pawtucket (or lower).  The trade brought some of that about.

There's an old saying:  Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

No. The 1932 Boston Red Sox posted a win/loss record of 43-111. That's a winning Pct. of .279. They finished 64 games back.

Feel better?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Granite2000. Show Granite2000's posts

In response to antibody's comment:

No. The 1932 Boston Red Sox posted a win/loss record of 43-111. That's a winning Pct. of .279. They finished 64 games back.

Feel better?

Did that team have nearly the highest baseball payroll in history at the time?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Adjusted for inflation?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Granite2000. Show Granite2000's posts

In response to antibody's comment:

Adjusted for inflation?

No I'm not asking for a historical comparison? I asked you if the Sox payroll was nearly the highest in professional baseball in 1932, as it is today.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Rock bottom, a new bottom comes after every game they play.  What a pitiful collapse. I am amazed they have so little to offer. They are clearly a team without any real talent to put out there.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Granite 2000, Tried to anzwer with a few paragraphz but waz told I couldn't uze the 19th letter of the alphabet. The zhort anzwer iz: I have no idea.

"Phuck"this noize. Can't communicate on this "Phucked{up forum.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to TrotterNixon's comment:

You are more dim witted than Flo. Ellsbury won't be getting his 7 year 142 million offer from the Red Sox. I say they aren't going to sign Ellsbury at all. I think they learned their hard lesson on the Crawford write off. No chance they go 15 to 20M a year for the little engine that doesn't work most of the time. They'll patch with outside one year and internal options, as they wait for the arrival of Bradley, Jr.

They offer him 16M / 6yrs....  Ells declines.  If they don't deal him soon, he stays with the Sox.  He gets hurt in June of next season, & goes the way of Nomar.  Very sad story.

Sadder still????   Softy's wife call him Softy every night.  :(

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Doubront's allowed 20 ERs in 25.1 IPs in his last 5 starts.  Is there any reason to start him, other than premature arm failure?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

Anybody else will do better?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

This is Rock bottom:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQjsW2lL8lo

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from walterjohnson07. Show walterjohnson07's posts

When John Henry announces that Bobby V. will be back next season.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to illinoisredsox's comment:

A lot of people wanted to release half the roster and bring up so and so from Pawtucket (or lower).  The trade brought some of that about.

There's an old saying:  Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.

Bingo! you said it ! Now they cry again.....Not real fans just a bunch of crying yahoo's

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Here' the thing about "rock bottom":

Until you start to rise again and see where the bottom was, you never really know.

Does this team look to be on any kind of upswing?

I think the actual "rock bottom" occurs this offseason when they're below .500 record will be a reality, and the whole organization will have no choice but to take a hard look at themselves individually. Next April, MAYBE they can start to rise from the bottom if they make the right decisions. It can STILL get worse.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Last year's 7-20 September might look pretty good by the end of the month!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In response to trouts's comment:

Last year's 7-20 September might look pretty good by the end of the month!

Sad but very true.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to TrotterNixon's comment:

Not quite. Once they sign #3 hitter and franchise player Ellsbury to 7 years and 142 million, that will be rock bottom.

Wrong again. Don't kick the floor too hard, it's the roof of a lower level that has you griping about the signing of Ellsbury. For all of us, THAT is rock bottom.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

assuming it doesn't matter if we lose every remaining game this season, we are very close to rock bottom...........

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

it's rock lobster right now