It's officially time to panic!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

It's officially time to panic!

I actually do think it's officially time to panic!  Some moves need to be made in order to get this team on track.  As things are, It's simply not working. 

1.  Tek     Sorry Salty, time to sit

2.  Lowrie at SS   Scutaro simply has to sit...  Yeh, I saw the late hit!

3.  Sit Dice-K

4.  Francona needs to blow a gasket & get tossed from the next few games

5.  Do wind sprint with Crawford, & make him crash into that damn wall

6.  Play McDonald when we face lefties

#.   Your turn..... Keep it going 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

Re: It's officially time to panic!

not yet, we started last season 4-10 so IF  we win the next two we match that.. and remember we were in first place before the all star break

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

1. Hey man RELAX! These two days off are going to give the team a chance to regroup and get their mind settled. Er, well, wait a second....nevermind.....

2. btw...if we win the next 2 we will be 4-10. Don't blame you for the math, the figures are mindbending.

3. I agree with #4. Tito absolutely blowing his stack in the clubhouse would go a long way with this team right now, because I think it's something he rarely does.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Look at the bright side:  if the Sox win 2 of 3 in the NEXT EIGHT series they will be at .500 

All they have to do is play .667 ball for a month and they will be officially mediocre. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Don't get me started on the 2 days off thing

Sure, call the game for rain.  And go 2 days w/o a game.

But that shouldn't have been "go into hiding mode" as Francona put it.

Those guys should have been on the field all day Thursday getting their heads back into the season and busting their butts to turn things around.  Not giving an extended vacation.  Pathetic.  Maybe Theo needed the time off to work out another huge contract for an under performer.   Maybe it's time to give Ellsbury an 80 million dollar deal???

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Baba-Yaga. Show Baba-Yaga's posts

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I really thought this would be a post telling the NYY to panic.  Glad it's not.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Here's another name for your list sherriff.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Baba-Yaga. Show Baba-Yaga's posts

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

n

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

In Response to Re: It's officially time to panic!:
    [QUOTE]Look at the bright side:  if the Sox win 2 of 3 in the NEXT EIGHT series they will be at .500  All they have to do is play .667 ball for a month and they will be officially mediocre. 
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]

And ghost adds his usual wit to the discussion.  I guess you are not posting too much because the Sox are actually playing well.  We'll see you again because there is sure to be slumps along the way to 162.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Jim,

I guess it's a good thing he didn't listen to me about sitting Dice-K....... :)

Wow!  He has looked AWESOME the last 2 starts!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Wonder what happened???  He looks like a new man!  Pounding the strike zone.  Mixing his pitches.  Hitting his spots!  Incredible!!!  Like I've said before, I love being proved WRONG when a guy gets it together :)

8 games......   GREAT PITCHING!!!!!!!!!!   & the bats are starting to roll.......  :)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]Jim, I guess it's a good thing he didn't listen to me about sitting Dice-K....... :) Wow!  He has looked AWESOME the last 2 starts!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Wonder what happened???  He looks like a new man!  Pounding the strike zone.  Mixing his pitches.  Hitting his spots!  Incredible!!!  Like I've said before, I love being proved WRONG when a guy gets it together :) 8 games......   GREAT PITCHING!!!!!!!!!!   & the bats are starting to roll.......  :)
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog[/QUOTE]

Dog, you are different than most.  They don't like to be proved wrong.  They want to  be right at the cost of the team struggling.  If Dice can give the Sox 7 innings and 3 runs, I'm thinking that is great from a #5.  The last two starts were on another level!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOU-KILL-US20. Show YOU-KILL-US20's posts

this is good!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I was panicking bad.  But not because of he Sox.  I just got wicked paranoid after the 6th or 7th bong hit.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]I was panicking bad.  But not because of he Sox.  I just got wicked paranoid after the 6th or 7th bong hit.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

LOL Spaceman!!!!   :)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Natick-Ned. Show Natick-Ned's posts

[QUOTE]Jim, I guess it's a good thing he didn't listen to me about sitting Dice-K....... :) Wow!  He has looked AWESOME the last 2 starts!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Wonder what happened???  He looks like a new man!  Pounding the strike zone.  Mixing his pitches.  Hitting his spots!  Incredible!!!  Like I've said before, I love being proved WRONG when a guy gets it together :) 8 games......   GREAT PITCHING!!!!!!!!!!   & the bats are starting to roll.......  :)
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog[/QUOTE]

Most posters who overreact every day usually get proven wrong over time. Most who pretend that they know what goes on at spring training also get proven wrong. Try to be more factual and less hyper.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Jim,

:)  I'm always happy to take one for the team!!!!  Hey, when a guy proves you wrong, he proves you wrong.

If Dice-K keeps pitching like this...........  HE WILL BE AN ALLSTAR!!!!!  :)

Gotta love what Beckett's doing!

Lackey looked so much better his last start!

The guys are starting to hit!!!!  Even Crawford :) :)  :)  Ya knew he would!

I do get what you mean about guys who just want to be right no matter what...
    i.e. GM  etc.

Even he doesn't really bother me!  I'm more bothered by the guys who .........
    once you come out with a heartfelt OPINION they immediately go to the ad hominem attacks!  Man!

Anyway...........  Happy days are here again!!!!!!!!!   :)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

p.s.

I guess a lot of guys don't realize the original post was on 4/15/11

It's now 4/23/11

A lot has changed in the past 8 days fellas :)  :)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

BTW:   In life, I've found there are basically 2 kinds of guys.......................

There's the guys who doesn't get threatened by other opinions & steps up to the plate when he's wrong & says so......

The other guy sits back & just waits for you to be 'proven' wrong & screams "I TOLD YA SO!!!!!"

Back to the first kind of guy, i.e. jimdavis..................  He will say, "thanks for steppin up to the plate!  We're good :)"

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]I was panicking bad.  But not because of he Sox.  I just got wicked paranoid after the 6th or 7th bong hit.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

LOL..it will do that to ya Space..

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's officially time to panic! : Most posters who overreact every day usually get proven wrong over time. Most who pretend that they know what goes on at spring training also get proven wrong. Try to be more factual and less hyper.
    Posted by Natick-Ned[/QUOTE]

Just the facts Jack...  OK!  Sounds a little boring???  Ease up.... It's ALL GOOD :)  Sorry, I guess I was watching to hard during ST & the first 11 games. :)

Just an OPINION on 4/15/11............  We do opinions here.  Right?