J. Upton Market was Cheap, Low Quality and Typical Quantity (Incompetent Cherry you should have deal set with our without Braves!)

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

No way anyone could have seen this rant coming...

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

They traded Upton because they had a surplus of outfielders and were weak at 3B , SS.   I dont think a trade centered around Ellsbury would have enticed them.  Also: Prado is looking for an extension, Ells is looking to hit free agency.

I personally agree that they could have gotten more; however, Prado is a very solid MLB player and made more sense from a roster construction and fit standpoint than Ellsbury.

We could have topped this offer, but not with a package that centered around Ellsbury.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

A package centered around : Doubront or Middlebrooks would have gotten it done.  Not saying I would have done this, but just agreeing that we could have topped this offer.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

I would have offered:

Morales

Brentz

Webster

Cechhini

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

softy suggest trading Ellsbury, bogaerts, Brentz and Cecchini.

Now he changes his story... surprise- surprise.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

softy suggest trading Ellsbury, Bogaerts, Brentz and Webster or Cecchini.

Now he changes his story... surprise- surprise.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

you NEVER offered XB??

J. Upton is, I repeat, is worth our #1 prospect. J. Upton isn't much older than Bogaerts and already has a MLB career record that is manifest with proven production at an elite level vs. peers in his age group. - Stiffy

remind me again who our #1 prospect is??

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

you NEVER offered XB??

J. Upton is, I repeat, is worth our #1 prospect. J. Upton isn't much older than Bogaerts and already has a MLB career record that is manifest with proven production at an elite level vs. peers in his age group. - Stiffy

remind me again who our #1 prospect is??

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:

personally agree that they could have gotten more; however, Prado is a very solid MLB player and made more sense from a roster construction and fit standpoint than Ellsbury.

We could have topped this offer, but not with a package that centered around Ellsbury.

You don't have a clue. Your mind is unable to read the facts and the details and see the obvious three team market that would have acquired J. Uptona and would have used Ellsbury as part of that currency.

The facts are clear that the Braves revelaed the market as so cheap that little currency was needed, and it most certainly didn't require trading Middlebrooks and "hang on to Ellsbury because the DBacks didn't want him".

Finding a third team can be difficult and we really dont know Ellsbury's value.  He's been hurt and is a free agent after this year.  Yes, it could have theoretically been done with a third team; however, its likely that the DBacks fielded offers for months, received one they wanted and jumped on it.

If they called the Sox and said, "Do you want to top this?"  And the Sox replied: well, we'd want to move Ellsbury but need to find a third team...Its likely that the Dbacks would have said "nevermind, we have an offer we like".

If the sox really wanted Upton and really wanted to use Ellsbury as currency , this is something that they should have been pursuing for months.  Not a last minute thing.

The Sox made the decision a while back not to pursue an Upton trade centered around Ellsbury.  I'm not saying that this decision was right or wrong, just saying that the Sox did not want to pursue this.

Because the decision was made prior to the ATL trade, the fact that the sox could have put a more enticing package together involving Ellsbury is irrelevant.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

personally agree that they could have gotten more; however, Prado is a very solid MLB player and made more sense from a roster construction and fit standpoint than Ellsbury.

You don't have a clue. Your mind is unable to read the facts and the details and see the obvious three team market that would have acquired J. Uptona and would have used Ellsbury as part of that currency.

The facts are clear that the Braves revelaed the market as so cheap that little currency was needed, and it most certainly didn't require trading Middlebrooks and "hang on to Ellsbury because the DBacks didn't want him".

We should have tried to make the deal work without Ellsbury.  Not because I feel that Ellsbury is untradable. Because the Sox dont want to move him.  We could have topped this offer without including Ells and we probably should have.

Prado is solid at worst (good at best), Delgado is a legitimate pitching prospect, the SS is years away and the other two were throw ins.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

You mental midget, the market for J. Upton did not require any top rated prospect to be traded, just as I said was likely the case, over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over.

thats not what i said.. i asked if you ever offered Xb for j upton. clearly you have. now, your just trying to save face because your original offer was so far off.

J. Upton is, I repeat, is worth our #1 prospect. J. Upton isn't much older than Bogaerts and already has a MLB career record that is manifest with proven production at an elite level vs. peers in his age group.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

You mental midget, the market for J. Upton did not require any top rated prospect to be traded, just as I said was likely the case, over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over.

thats not what i said.. i asked if you ever offered Xb for j upton. clearly you have. now, your just trying to save face because your original offer was so far off.

J. Upton is, I repeat, is worth our #1 prospect. J. Upton isn't much older than Bogaerts and already has a MLB career record that is manifest with proven production at an elite level vs. peers in his age group.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

They turned down an offer of Mike Olt who is a very highly rated prospect.  They made this trade because they want to contend now.  They took less value (IMO) because Prado is a solid - good 3B who can help them win now.

It would have been hard to make the 3 team deal work.  We would have had to flip Ellsbury to a team w/ a major league logjam at either Pitcher, SS or 3B and then flipped the acquired major leaguer for Upton.

It looks like they are focused on 2013.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Would have been easier like this:

Team X (looking to get younger)

Gives up: Major league 3B, SS, or Pitcher

Receives: Prospects from Sox

Diamondbacks receive: Major league player acquired from Team X

Give up: Upton

Sox get Upton

give up prospects.

Its very rare to see three team trades where only major leaguers are involved.  Those are very hard to work out.

The fact that the Dbacks denied a trade centered around Mike Olt (which they probably should have taken) for a package centered around Martin Prado shows that they did not want prospects.

Trading for Upton and keeping Ellsbury are not mutually exclusive.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.