JACOBY to SOFTY, son, I have made your ......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

JACOBY to SOFTY, son, I have made your ......

DAY  !!!!  Ya got to know that it is a contract year !!!

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: JACOBY to SOFTY, son, I have made your ......

In response to softlaw2's comment:

I see Coco Crops has homered 3 times in the first 6 games for the Athletics. His OPS is nearly 1.3! Always underrated, a real winner. The antithesis of a prima donna.

Right, he never got injured when he was with the Red Sox.  He was a model of consistent productivity and durability!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

I see Coco Crops has homered 3 times in the first 6 games for the Athletics. His OPS is nearly 1.3! Always underrated, a real winner. The antithesis of a prima donna.

he was just "stat padding"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Coco had 21 dingers in 3 years with the Red Sox!  7 per year!  And an OPS above .700!  Underrated winner!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

If ever there was a man who would do his best to convince you black is white and up is down it's Softy!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

It's a shame he can't do it when it counts, or for more than one season every half a decade. They need to keep him and not trade him, at this point, as he'll be gone soon enough. I know he is making an extra effort at the plate, and pulling up early in the OF, but I have my doubts whether he has the constitution to sustain a full season of above average production for an OBP guy. I hope he does, but I think that contract year thing will drive him too far when he hasn't ever proven stamina from season to season.

Going forward, the draft compensation will be a far better value than Ellsbury's FA contract into his 30's. His Red Sox career will end as one of the all-time Red Sox prima donnas. 

How is he a prima donna? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Don't forget Coco's .635 OPS in postseason games!  Mister Clutch! Laughing

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Right, he never got injured when he was with the Red Sox. He was a model of consistent productivity and durability!

Crisp was Cal Ripken, Jr., compared to Ellspuff.

Your juvenile name calling is very cute.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Right, he never got injured when he was with the Red Sox. He was a model of consistent productivity and durability!

Crisp was Cal Ripken, Jr., compared to Ellspuff.

Crisp averages about 100 games a year and has never played more than 145 in a season.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Yes, "Big numbah two" is quite juvenile and cute.

hey, i don't go using your nicknames... don't go using mine.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

You all remember Stiffy & Billy-69 back in grade school, being as disgusting as possible just to get ANY attention.  they never cared if it was negative then, and they've done nothing else but get worse with oh so many years.  Reverse Pivot maturity.....   :)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

DAY  !!!!  Ya got to know that it is a contract year !!!

Hope The Sox Sign Him, For 5 Years..............

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

You all remember Stiffy & Billy-69 back in grade school, being as disgusting as possible just to get ANY attention.  they never cared if it was negative then, and they've done nothing else but get worse with oh so many years.  Reverse Pivot maturity.....   :)

STOP RIGHT THERE FELLA.........  This is a good thread, I took the liberty of a good natured "poke" at SOFTY.....  There has been some good back & forth from all......  Softy is a "standup guy" and he is sticking to his values as far as Jacoby is concerned...... I started this thread today because I was thrilled with how the Sox rebounded from yesterdays 5-ZIP and are now coming home 4-2 to openning day......  As far as the "cheap  shots" on SOFTY, may I suggest, that if you have the "baseball stuff" to go toe/toe with him, then do it........   But don't come at him with this "kid stuff", because he will kick your butt every time !!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

It's a shame he can't do it when it counts, or for more than one season every half a decade. They need to keep him and not trade him, at this point, as he'll be gone soon enough. I know he is making an extra effort at the plate, and pulling up early in the OF, but I have my doubts whether he has the constitution to sustain a full season of above average production for an OBP guy. I hope he does, but I think that contract year thing will drive him too far when he hasn't ever proven stamina from season to season.

Going forward, the draft compensation will be a far better value than Ellsbury's FA contract into his 30's. His Red Sox career will end as one of the all-time Red Sox prima donnas. 

You cant fix stupid.

(this post will be removed)