Jake Peavy deal?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Jake Peavy deal?

In response to J-BAY's comment:

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

[QUOTE]

A brilliant young shortstop for a 32 year old , often  injured right handed pitcher with a 4.32 ERA.  What's not to like ?  If your Hawk Harrellson , that is.

Stabbed by Foulke.

I agree, gale. Hate it

[/QUOTE]

Dumb move. Hes good, but not that good. Although J, were people saying things like this about Cabrera in 2004?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

If this is a done deal its absolutely assinine

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

A Tiger minor league prospect going to Chicago.  More names may be involved.

Stabbed by Foulke.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Iggy to Detroit, Peavy to red sox,  Detroit prospect to chicago.

Some say a storm is coming, Some say the end is near.

Some think it's all so hazy, I think it's all so clear.

Some say they have the answers, some say they know the truth.

Some people live in question, some people have no clue.

If there was no tomorrow, if there was just today.

would you make different choices? or would you stay the same?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tek-9. Show Tek-9's posts

Red Sox getting more than Peavy? JBJ 100% not in a deal

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

Iggy for Peavey? Bad deal, dont like it. Peavey cannot be trusted. 

Bogaerts will be up tomorrow playing 3B. Drew at SS, Cecchini promoted to Pawtucket. All is good.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

I think the Sox showed before the season started that Igelias wasn't the long term short stop. They really didn't give up much for him and if they are getting salary help hard to hate this deal. This does mean, one or two moves are coming for the infield.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I think this is going to be one of those trades that is rued for years to come.  I do not get it, even if Buchholz is done for the year. Way too much to give up for Peavy.

Stabbed by Foulke.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:

Also reported that JBJ is not involved in the deal.

At the end of your rope                                                                                                     

Hanging by a thread

He'd give anything for this to just go away

This grip is only so strong

I try to hold on tightly

But it's all slipping through my fingers

In a fleeting moment 

Aspirations bled dry

Eyes that once beamed with hope now only stare in remorse.

-Times of grace

well duh

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Does anyone know the date Boggy can be called up without losing a year of team control? September 1st?

Will WMB be called up until then or are we going with Snyder/Holt?

I hope it isn't Michael Young, unless we get him for rule 5 borderline players or  guys like Sean Coyle & Steven Wright.

Sox4ever

Fantasy players know a lot. In my Yahoo league, 000's of people have picked up Bogaerts. He will be in Boston tomorrow. Middlebrooks and his .258 average is not coming up.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

I think the Sox showed before the season started that Igelias wasn't the long term short stop. They really didn't give up much for him and if they are getting salary help hard to hate this deal. This does mean, one or two moves are coming for the infield.

Bogaerts is coming up. If this deal is done, he'll be in Boston tomorrow night.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

I think this is going to be one of those trades that is rued for years to come.  I do not get it, even if Buchholz is done for the year. Way too much to give up for Peavy.

Stabbed by Foulke.

Agree again, gale. Trade for a 1 or 2, not a 3 or 4. don't need it. Has to be more to it, than meets the eye, as to why they traded him. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:

[QUOTE]

Also reported that JBJ is not involved in the deal.

At the end of your rope                                                                                                     

Hanging by a thread

He'd give anything for this to just go away

This grip is only so strong

I try to hold on tightly

But it's all slipping through my fingers

In a fleeting moment 

Aspirations bled dry

Eyes that once beamed with hope now only stare in remorse.

-Times of grace

well duh

[/QUOTE]

Dick..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from scauma09. Show scauma09's posts

I guess a light hitting defensive wiz is slightly less valuable than a number 2? guy but this has the feel of breaking up the team. hate to see Iglesias go, and I'm not sure how much of an upgrade peavy is. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

[QUOTE]

Iggy for Peavey? Bad deal, dont like it. Peavey cannot be trusted. 

Bogaerts will be up tomorrow playing 3B. Drew at SS, Cecchini promoted to Pawtucket. All is good.

[/QUOTE]

Up tommorow? You know that for a fact? Thats interesting, hope he pans out. We could use a Puig type character, if not him then Machado.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to scauma09's comment:

I guess a light hitting defensive wiz is slightly less valuable than a number 2? guy but this has the feel of breaking up the team. hate to see Iglesias go, and I'm not sure how much of an upgrade peavy is. 

Hes a crap shoot. Hes a dirt dog, no doubt, and a gamer, but can he stay healthy?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

Agree again, gale. Trade for a 1 or 2, not a 3 or 4. don't need it. Has to be more to it, than meets the eye, as to why they traded him. 

[/QUOTE]

Yup.  I am not a happy camper. The night started out with hopes of getting Stanton. Winds up with Peavy for our " shortstop for years to come."  Calling up Bogaerts does not change that. We could have called him up anyway. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Stabbed by Foulke.

Thats one thing that worries me. What does this say about Clay this year?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

What is Peavey's contract status? We have him for more than this year?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lasitter. Show lasitter's posts

If Detroit needed coverage for Peralta, I would have preferred sending Drew for almost nothing in return than shipping out Iggy. I wanted to see him in that uniform thru 2018!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I think he is signed through next year , with an option for 2015. A lot of money , though.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

I think he is signed through next year , with an option for 2015. A lot of money , though.

[/QUOTE]

It all comes down to this. If he stays healthy, he'll earn his keep. If not, this board will physically explode.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Some are trying to rationalize this by saying that Iglesias' hitting has tailed off. True , but it tailed off from .400.  He is still hitting .330, highest on the club. But it is his defense that will be missed the most. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Nick Cafardo@nickcafardo

Villarreal is likely being sent to Boston. Maybe other minor league players involved.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/v/villabr02.shtml?utm_campaign=Linker&utm_source=direct&utm_medium=linker-www.typepad.com

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Some are trying to rationalize this by saying that Iglesias' hitting has tailed off. True , but it tailed off from .400.  He is still hitting .330, highest on the club. But it is his defense that will be missed the most. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

True, but I bet there were a lot of queezy stomachs about this time in 2004 too. We'll have to wait and see how it pans out. It may end up being what put the team over the top. You just never know.