JAN. 2ND, THE PARTY IS OVER, FINISH THE TRANSFORMING.........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

JAN. 2ND, THE PARTY IS OVER, FINISH THE TRANSFORMING.........

OF THE ROSTER.......  BECKETT,YOUK, & SALTY......START PACKING !!!!!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Re: JAN. 2ND, THE PARTY IS OVER, FINISH THE TRANSFORMING.........

In Response to JAN. 2ND, THE PARTY IS OVER, FINISH THE TRANSFORMING.........:
    [QUOTE]   OF THE ROSTER.......  BECKETT,YOUK, & SALTY......START PACKING !!!!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

For Fort Myers!!!

...since that's the only place these guys will be going, unless Beckett feels he can't play for Valentine and requests a trade.

Youk and Salty are going nowhere!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from never1954. Show never1954's posts

Well said Sox...I was thinking the same thing. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

OK BEN, BACK TO WORK ON TUESDAY....... "TRANSFORM" THAT ROSTER !!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Wow, you wanna get ridda Youk? 

Give up on Salty who had a decent year all things considered and is still relatively young and inexpensive?

You wanna give up Beckett?  OK fine.  But what are you gonna get in return and how much salary are you willing to eat??

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: JAN. 2ND, THE PARTY IS OVER, FINISH THE TRANSFORMING.........:
    [QUOTE]Wow, you wanna get ridda Youk?  Give up on Salty who had a decent year all things considered and is still relatively young and inexpensive? You wanna give up Beckett?  OK fine.  But what are you gonna get in return and how much salary are you willing to eat??
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE] YES-SIR-RE-BOB !!!!    1/LARVARNWAY IS MY STARTING CATCHER......... 2/ I DON'T CARE HOW BEN GETS IT DONE, BECKETT MUST GO.......  3/CASH IN YOUKS VALUE (IF ANYTHING LEFT) BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE........... BEN NEEDS TO BE CREATIVE AND THEN OUR "TRANSFORMING" FOR 2012 WILL BE DONE TILL NOVEMBER WHEN WE KICK THE "BIG O" TO THE CURB !!!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Here is a beter idea - keep Beckett, Youkilis and Salatalamacchia, since most people understand that replacing Youkilis and Beckett with equal talent is gojng to be extremely difficult, and that merely keeping Saltalamacchia on the roster does not mean Lavarnway is never going to leave Pawtucket again.

Also, some fans might even understand that the act of hitting 2 HRs in a game against 2 AAA pitchers does not actually equate to defensive ability (it does however, equate to more rapid service time), despite the HOF comparisons given to a .230 hitter with 2 games in the field...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: JAN. 2ND, THE PARTY IS OVER, FINISH THE TRANSFORMING.........:
    [QUOTE]Here is a beter idea - keep Beckett, Youkilis and Salatalamacchia, since most people understand that replacing Youkilis and Beckett with equal talent is gojng to be extremely difficult, and that merely keeping Saltalamacchia on the roster does not mean Lavarnway is never going to leave Pawtucket again. Also, some fans might even understand that the act of hitting 2 HRs in a game against 2 AAA pitchers does not actually equate to defensive ability (it does however, equate to more rapid service time), despite the HOF comparisons given to a .230 hitter with 2 games in the field...
    Posted by notin[/QUOTE] AS DAD WOULD SAY.......  "SON, HOW YA GOING TO KEEP HIM (LAVARNWAY) DOWN ON THE FARM" ??    A SPITTING IMAGE OF CARLTON FISK !!!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: JAN. 2ND, THE PARTY IS OVER, FINISH THE TRANSFORMING......... : AS DAD WOULD SAY.......  "SON, HOW YA GOING TO KEEP HIM (LAVARNWAY) DOWN ON THE FARM" ??    A SPITTING IMAGE OF CARLTON FISK !!!!!!

hardly bill.  lavarnway seems to possess a very good bat.  but, fisk was one of the better defensive catchers of all time.  Lav still has a ways to go before he is even serviceable at the major league level.  Yes, he made a decent show in a few games in September, but he is not ready defensively to carry the load.  Fisk came into the league ready made for the HOF.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: JAN. 2ND, THE PARTY IS OVER, FINISH THE TRANSFORMING......... : AS DAD WOULD SAY.......  "SON, HOW YA GOING TO KEEP HIM (LAVARNWAY) DOWN ON THE FARM" ??    A SPITTING IMAGE OF CARLTON FISK !!!!!!

As my dad would say, "Notin, a player should never have nearly as many HOF comparables as games played."

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: JAN. 2ND, THE PARTY IS OVER, FINISH THE TRANSFORMING......... : hardly bill.  lavarnway seems to possess a very good bat.  but, fisk was one of the better defensive catchers of all time.  Lav still has a ways to go before he is even serviceable at the major league level.  Yes, he made a decent show in a few games in September, but he is not ready defensively to carry the load.  Fisk came into the league ready made for the HOF.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]  SPACE...... IF I REMEMBER ( AND MY MIND IS QUITE SHARP)  FISK WAS DISCOVERED ON THE SCENE IN A SEPTEMBER CALLUP TOO, AND THE REST IS HISTORY !!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: JAN. 2ND, THE PARTY IS OVER, FINISH THE TRANSFORMING......... :   SPACE...... IF I REMEMBER ( AND MY MIND IS QUITE SHARP)  FISK WAS DISCOVERED ON THE SCENE IN A SEPTEMBER CALLUP TOO, AND THE REST IS HISTORY !!!

Can't get anything by you Bill.  Sharp as a tack.  Nevertheless, Lavarnway is no Fisk ... yet.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Ellsbury plus 2 or 3 blocked prospects for J. Upton would complete the transforming, Bill.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Bill, how many games have you seen Lav catch, live or on television?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

EIn response to "Re: JAN. 2ND, THE PARTY IS OVER, FINISH THE TRANSFORMING.........": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: JAN. 2ND, THE PARTY IS OVER, FINISH THE TRANSFORMING......... : As my dad would say, "Notin, a player should never have nearly as many HOF comparables as games played." Posted by notin[/QUOTE] Lol...Exactly...Lavarnway needs to play. He'll be in Pawtucket.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]Happy New Year SpacemanEephus; the party is just beginning! This is going to be a great year for the Sox with Bobby V leading the way.
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]

And a happy new year to you as well idiots.  I feel good about it too my man.  Bobby V is exciting and I am feeling more and more confident in Ben Cherrington every day.  I love the way this roster is coming together.  And, I am not buying chickengate.  Beckett and the boys are coming back with chips on their shoulders and its going to be fierce.

In the poetic longview, the 2011 Sox were destined to fail, as they had gone out and purchased the preseason championship Yankee-style and nearly all the pundits had the Sox scheduled for November baseball games.  That club needed to fall, karmically.

But the 2012 Sox have to wipe the blood out of their mouths, and fight and claw to regain their honor.  Now, that is a club that the baseball gods can root for.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

As dad would say: "son, you've got to learn to live with people you don't like, and make the best of it."

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: JAN. 2ND, THE PARTY IS OVER, FINISH THE TRANSFORMING......... : YES-SIR-RE-BOB !!!!    1/LARVARNWAY IS MY STARTING CATCHER......... 2/ I DON'T CARE HOW BEN GETS IT DONE, BECKETT MUST GO.......  3/CASH IN YOUKS VALUE (IF ANYTHING LEFT) BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE........... BEN NEEDS TO BE CREATIVE AND THEN OUR "TRANSFORMING" FOR 2012 WILL BE DONE TILL NOVEMBER WHEN WE KICK THE "BIG O" TO THE CURB !!!!!!

Funny how you keep singing that same old tired song of getting rid of these 3 yet you never have any plan as to who to get in return! 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to "Re: JAN. 2ND, THE PARTY IS OVER, FINISH THE TRANSFORMING.........": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: JAN. 2ND, THE PARTY IS OVER, FINISH THE TRANSFORMING......... : Funny how you keep singing that same old tired song of getting rid of these 3 yet you never have any plan as to who to get in return!  Posted by CASox[/QUOTE] An optimist might say these people want to trade their best starting pitcher, their best right handed hitter and their only capable starting catcher off a team that won 2 out of every 3 games over a 4 month stretch in the toughest division in baseball...maybe a team like that only needs a few tweaks...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: JAN. 2ND, THE PARTY IS OVER, FINISH THE TRANSFORMING.........": An optimist might say these people want to trade their best starting pitcher, their best right handed hitter and their only capable starting catcher off a team that won 2 out of every 3 games over a 4 month stretch in the toughest division in baseball...maybe a team like that only needs a few tweaks...
    Posted by jasko2248[/QUOTE]PROBLEM BEING......  THE SOX REMAIN A "SICK" TEAM GOING INTO 2012.... "LET ME BE CLEAR", MORE TRANSFORMING NEEDED !!