Javier Vazquez

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Javier Vazquez

He failed with the Yankees, it would take him time to gear up for the major leagues having not pitched in awhile, but he'd cost nothing more than money and I'm not sure teams are trying to sign him anymore. Why not offer him a minor league deal with significant incentives for major league success? At worst, he provides some extra organizational depth. At best, the team adds another quality starter for September.

The season-ending injuries to the Andrews (Miller and Bailey) enable the Red Sox to add any pitcher to the playoff roster, as long as he's added prior to the final game of the regular season. I'm not saying Vazquez would automatically be playoff-worthy, just that if he were, he'd be available, so that's not a reason to avoid signing him now given the realities that it would take at least three weeks for him to be major league ready, and probably more like 5-6 weeks if the Red Sox wanted him to start.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Javier Vazquez

Vasquez is NOT a quality starter in the ALE. I dont think hes pitched since 2011, has he? Id trust Brandon Workman before id trust Vasquez.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to davidap's comment:

He failed with the Yankees, it would take him time to gear up for the major leagues having not pitched in awhile, but he'd cost nothing more than money and I'm not sure teams are trying to sign him anymore. Why not offer him a minor league deal with significant incentives for major league success? At worst, he provides some extra organizational depth. At best, the team adds another quality starter for September.

The season-ending injuries to the Andrews (Miller and Bailey) enable the Red Sox to add any pitcher to the playoff roster, as long as he's added prior to the final game of the regular season. I'm not saying Vazquez would automatically be playoff-worthy, just that if he were, he'd be available, so that's not a reason to avoid signing him now given the realities that it would take at least three weeks for him to be major league ready, and probably more like 5-6 weeks if the Red Sox wanted him to start.

Are you kidding me?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Vazquez quietly had a very good career, but that was some time ago and he has not even been in MLB.

I am not so sure I would want him in a middle relief role over what we have now.

Get back in the box!!

“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me. Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”

-Shel Silverstein

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Vasquez is NOT a quality starter in the ALE. I dont think hes pitched since 2011, has he? Id trust Brandon Workman before id trust Vasquez.

Based on his two starts since being called up from AAA Workman has earned the opportunity to stay in the rotation. Trust is earned and two quality starts doesn't mean the kid has arrived. We'll see as teams get a book on him if he can make adjustments and continue his accent, if he continues to give them quality innings. It'll allow Cherington & Farrel to continue evaluate the need for another arm while they work out the timeline for Buccholz to return and talk trade with others. I'd rather see them use the kids on the farm to patch things together than to add a retread-5th starter type like Vasquez. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Beantowne's comment:

In response to southpaw777's comment:

[QUOTE]

Based on his two starts since being called up from AAA Workman has earned the opportunity to stay in the rotation. Trust is earned and two quality starts doesn't mean the kid has arrived. We'll see as teams get a book on him if he can make adjustments and continue his accent, if he continues to give them quality innings. It'll allow Cherington & Farrel to continue evaluate the need for another arm while they work out the timeline for Buccholz to return and talk trade with others. I'd rather see them use the kids on the farm to patch things together than to add a retread-5th starter type like Vasquez. 

[/QUOTE]

Exactly what Im saying.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

No THANKS  !!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I like Javier Vazquez because he helped the Red Sox win game 7 of the 2004 ALCS!!!  Laughing