jay-z raps: "Scott Boras, you over baby, Robinson Cano you coming with me!"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommyContrarianOnTwitter. Show CommyContrarianOnTwitter's posts

jay-z raps: "Scott Boras, you over baby, Robinson Cano you coming with me!"

wow! when has boras been put in his place like this. off jay's new song "crown".. in response boras says he likes Bernie wills and jazz, who else can win 4 rings and b a great musician. plus he's been asked to negotiate all kinds of stuff but he's exclusively a baseball guy (unlike some other guys...like jay)! this could b one rap beef boras wants no part of!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Re: jay-z raps:

And George Harrison wrote " Something in the way she moves attracts me like no other lover".

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:

And George Harrison wrote " Something in the way she moves attracts me like no other lover".

I was going to say 'Bleech', but the dude is a Beatle.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

There are not a lot of people that can make you prefer Boras.   Jay- Z may be one. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kannaman. Show kannaman's posts

It's going to be interesting to see what happens with Cano....I don't think the Yankees are all that excited about giving out more lifetime contracts for players in their 30's. Cano is the best hitting second baseman in the AL but at 31 this year I think it would be crazy to go for longer than 5 years and he has already stated that he want's a contract like Arod got...10 years and 275 million...I hope they do it but I think Cashman would tell him to go to LA.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to kannaman's comment:

It's going to be interesting to see what happens with Cano....I don't think the Yankees are all that excited about giving out more lifetime contracts for players in their 30's. Cano is the best hitting second baseman in the AL but at 31 this year I think it would be crazy to go for longer than 5 years and he has already stated that he want's a contract like Arod got...10 years and 275 million...I hope they do it but I think Cashman would tell him to go to LA.

K-man I'm thinking the Yankees will go out on a limb and offer him 7 years.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Not too many players walk away from NY willingly. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

There are not a lot of people that can make you prefer Boras.   Jay- Z may be one. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

Is this an indictment on his career as an entrepreneur and rapper? Or his current endeavor into representing athletes?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Both. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Ok....but I got 50 million record sales that say otherwise.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Okay. But none of them were from me. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Lol so in other words you're not a huge Jay-z fan?  I'm not a big fan either, I think he's ok I just acknowledge that he's had an accomplished successful career and is popular.

Ill tell you what though.....if he jacks the price up on NY and cripples them more financially I'll be a fan.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

Lol so in other words you're not a huge Jay-z fan?  I'm not a big fan either, I think he's ok I just acknowledge that he's had an accomplished successful career and is popular.

Ill tell you what though.....if he jacks the price up on NY and cripples them more financially I'll be a fan.

He is cashing in on his popularity by signing athletes for the agency. I don't think he knows enough baseball to compete with a guy like Boras , but he will get some players. If I were a top player , I would prefer Boras.  Anyway , I don't think Cano has any intention of leaving NY.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I would probably prefer Boras as well as he has the track record and experience.  A great entrepreneur doesn't need to be an expert, only a visionary who surrounds himself with people with the know-how so who knows maybe Jay-Z can become a competitor to Boras.  I think Cano is in pinstripes next years well....I'd be surprised if NY let's him walk.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kannaman. Show kannaman's posts

[QUOTE]

K-man I'm thinking the Yankees will go out on a limb and offer him 7 years.

[/QUOTE]
    Do you think he would be offended if they offered him 7X20....from what I have read Cashman would like to get under 189  and I don't see how they can do that with the Arod, CC and Tex all bringing home big bucks....add Cano at 20+ and you have tied up right around 100 million in those 4 players. I can see that they need him....and with his swing I could see him continuing to hit pretty well for most of that contract...may have to move to first base or DH eventually.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

"Do you think he would be offended if they offered him 7X20....from what I have read Cashman would like to get under 189  and I don't see how they can do that with the Arod, CC and Tex all bringing home big bucks....add Cano at 20+ and you have tied up right around 100 million in those 4 players. I can see that they need him....and with his swing I could see him continuing to hit pretty well for most of that contract...may have to move to first base or DH eventually."

K-Man

Hal S. is the driving force behind the 189. But after the health issues with Tex and Arod I think they will be hesitant to offer over 7 years.

I think it will be 7 @ 25 mil per season, 189 be damned or it's Dodger blue.

Cashman was against giving Arod the large contract that was Hank. Cashman was also against the large deal Levine gave to Soriano.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kannaman. Show kannaman's posts

"Do you think he would be offended if they offered him 7X20....from what I have read Cashman would like to get under 189  and I don't see how they can do that with the Arod, CC and Tex all bringing home big bucks....add Cano at 20+ and you have tied up right around 100 million in those 4 players. I can see that they need him....and with his swing I could see him continuing to hit pretty well for most of that contract...may have to move to first base or DH eventually."

K-Man

Hal S. is the driving force behind the 189. But after the health issues with Tex and Arod I think they will be hesitant to offer over 7 years.

I think it will be 7 @ 25 mil per season, 189 be damned or it's Dodger blue.

Cashman was against giving Arod the large contract that was Hank. Cashman was also against the large deal Levine gave to Soriano.

They missed a golden opportunity when Arod opted out of his contract in 2007....they should have offered him a 3 year deal or told him to find someone else to play for....but Hank caved.