JD Drew

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Scott8340. Show Scott8340's posts

JD Drew

I love to bash JD just to hear the ridiculousness of his supporters when they defend him. He will go down as one of the worst Red Sox free agent signings in history.

First of all, let's remember that he is making basically close to A Rod money. They've been paying him $14 million per year for 5 years now. It was a huge contract at the time, and his $14 million this year is still waaaaaaay more than our real players are getting payed, other than a few.

Secondly, he plays right field. Only first base is less demanding and I know he plays half his games at Fenway. Still, only first base is less demanding.

Thirdly and most importantly, this man absolutely cannot drive in runs. He comes up with more guys on base than just about anybody, and HE"S NEVER DRIVEN IN 69 RUNS FOR US. This is a rather big deal. He was touted, and still is amazingly, as a run producer, and yet he is currently averaging an RBI for every ten ABs. Think about that. For every ten of JD's ABs he gives us 1 RBI. Varitek is a catcher and he gives us about 1.5 RBI per 10 ABs. Salty is the same way, and has more RBIs in fact with less ABs. They usually bat last and they are not having good years, and they STILL are better than our $14 million right fielder at driving in runs.

Nobody in baseball is worse at getting a run in from 3rd with less than 2 outs than JD. He approaches these ABs the same way he does if he leads off the 9th in a one run game. So he watches third strikes and falls behind in the count, pops the ball up to the infield, or whatever else he has to do in order to keep from getting that run in from third. My friends and I laugh about it. We text each other when he comes up in those situations and just shake our heads in amazement as he watches yet another third strike go by. He cannot drive in runs.

Big waste of money.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Re: JD Drew

In Response to JD Drew:
    [QUOTE]I love to bash JD just to hear the ridiculousness of his supporters when they defend him. He will go down as one of the worst Red Sox free agent signings in history. First of all, let's remember that he is making basically close to A Rod money. They've been paying him $14 million per year for 5 years now. It was a huge contract at the time, and his $14 million this year is still waaaaaaay more than our real players are getting payed, other than a few. Secondly, he plays right field. Only first base is less demanding and I know he plays half his games at Fenway. Still, only first base is less demanding. Thirdly and most importantly, this man absolutely cannot drive in runs. He comes up with more guys on base than just about anybody, and HE"S NEVER DRIVEN IN 69 RUNS FOR US. This is a rather big deal. He was touted, and still is amazingly, as a run producer, and yet he is currently averaging an RBI for every ten ABs. Think about that. For every ten of JD's ABs he gives us 1 RBI. Varitek is a catcher and he gives us about 1.5 RBI per 10 ABs. Salty is the same way, and has more RBIs in fact with less ABs. They usually bat last and they are not having good years, and they STILL are better than our $14 million right fielder at driving in runs. Nobody in baseball is worse at getting a run in from 3rd with less than 2 outs than JD. He approaches these ABs the same way he does if he leads off the 9th in a one run game. So he watches third strikes and falls behind in the count, pops the ball up to the infield, or whatever else he has to do in order to keep from getting that run in from third. My friends and I laugh about it. We text each other when he comes up in those situations and just shake our heads in amazement as he watches yet another third strike go by. He cannot drive in runs. Big waste of money.
    Posted by Scott8340[/QUOTE]

What a bunch of nonsense.  While you and your friends text each other, the Sox are 14-2 in the last 16.  Arod money?  Since when does 14=30.  My 7 year old can tell that 30 is more than double.  To draw an equivalence between the two to fit your narrative is quite a reach.  Were you and your friends texting each other in October 2007, playoffs 2008, or when he stepped in for Papi earning an all star appearance and then being named MVP?  Do you text each other when he plays RF better than any fielder since Evans?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

JD has always been an extremely streaky hitter.  He has months where he's batting over 300 and months where he's batting closer to 200.  As he's gotten older the hot streaks have gotten shorter and occur less frequently.

This season, he had a particularly terrible May. 

I suspect that JD is at the end of his career.  I suspect this is what happens to players as they get older and stay off the juice. 

He's the same age as Ortiz, but I doubt we will see a resurgence with JD similar to the one we saw with Big Papi.

By the way, RF is typically where you play the strongest outfielder.  JD has the best arm in the outfield.  And RF at Fenway is very hard to play.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

I've taken a few shots at JD Drew over the years but I can't see where this platooning with Cameron or McDonald against lefties is any more productive than Drew in there full time. Cameron and McDonald definitely can't hit righties but they can't seem to hit lefties either. Drew occasionally is able to work a walk and sadly maybe that's the best we can hope for. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

The OP has it wrong. He either K's, walks, or hits a weak ground ball to 2B. He's hitting .208 w/RISP and his SLG is the same as his OBP, .335. Occassionaly he runs into one, but is probably the worst hitter in making adjustments at the plate.
    As far as the defense, he is adequate but certainly no GG, otherwise he'd have one.
    In his 4+ years with the Sox, he's been more a liability than an asset, considering the contract. He's like the assembly line worker that punches in at 0800, works 8 hours, and goes home at 1700. No fanfare just steady cruising along. Unfortunately, his cruise control is set at about 25 MPH. If he failed to show up for work, no one would notice till after lunch.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

His penchant for getting caught looking for strike three is one, if not the most frustrating experiences I have had as a Red Sox fan since he signed. Particularly the past few years.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

everything the OP stated is correct except the a-rod money part. one of the worst free agent signings ever; theo's name is on a few of them.
    there is no defending the indefensible. cameron and mcdonald are also terrible at the plate. fortunately, the SOX have enough offense to cover this major hole.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I have pounded J.D. Drew unmercifully, especially this year, but the OP has two big misstatements.   First, J.D. is making about 1/2 of what A-Rod makes.  It's still a lot and this year much more than he is worth, but that happens with five year contracts in the final year.  Second, the leftfielder is the easy slot.  In Fenway, right field is much tougher, plus on all teams the rightfielder has to have the best arm on the team to keep guys from taking third from first on a single.  Plus the Fenway right field is nasty with that short wall down the line and the deep corner, etc.  

I personally would rather play Reddick against righties, but not playing Drew against righties is probably not a reasonable choice right now.  Come August/September, it could happen.   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wolfpack13. Show Wolfpack13's posts

Although the supporting arguments are weak (other posters have pointed these out)- I agree with the premise. While it may be hard to call him "worst signing ever" (Dice K, maybe Lackey soon), but he's impossible to watch.
    He takes way too many pitches in RBI situations esp. when hitting 6,7,8 and have "worse" hitters behind you. His .225 lifetime avg with bases loaded is proof. Last two points...
    1.) Is he really Dewey Evans in RF that justifies his impotency at the plate?
    2.) I don't watch every game so sometimes I just get highlights... I can't remember when he was on a highlight real. It seems as though every player has owned a game or made his mark on a game (Pedey on Friday night vs Brewers)... don't see it from Mr. Drew.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan791. Show redsoxfan791's posts

I love to bash JD just to hear the ridiculousness of his supporters when they defend him. He will go down as one of the worst Red Sox free agent signings in history.

Well, at least you're going to be fair and balanced about J.D. Drew.  Nope.  No bias here.

First of all, let's remember that he is making basically close to A Rod money. They've been paying him $14 million per year for 5 years now. It was a huge contract at the time, and his $14 million this year is still waaaaaaay more than our real players are getting payed, other than a few.

Drew isn't making anything close to A-Rod money; unless by A-Rod, you mean Andy Roddick, and then you might be right.  A-Rod is making $31M this season, which is more than twice what Drew is making.  Nice job.  Math is clearly your strong suit.

Secondly, he plays right field. Only first base is less demanding and I know he plays half his games at Fenway. Still, only first base is less demanding.

While this is true in most cases, right field at Fenway is significantly more difficult than left field.  RF at Fenway is so expansive that it covers nearly as much ground as CF in most other stadiums.  The fact that Drew has been so proficient defensively over the course of his contract is a testament to his defensive abilities.

Thirdly and most importantly, this man absolutely cannot drive in runs. He comes up with more guys on base than just about anybody, and HE"S NEVER DRIVEN IN 69 RUNS FOR US. This is a rather big deal. He was touted, and still is amazingly, as a run producer, and yet he is currently averaging an RBI for every ten ABs. Think about that. For every ten of JD's ABs he gives us 1 RBI. Varitek is a catcher and he gives us about 1.5 RBI per 10 ABs. Salty is the same way, and has more RBIs in fact with less ABs. They usually bat last and they are not having good years, and they STILL are better than our $14 million right fielder at driving in runs.

A couple of things.  One, why is driving in 69 runs significant?  Oh, because the most he's ever driven in is 68 for the Red Sox.  I like to call that an artificial boundary.  Two, the Red Sox organization doesn't think about run production.  Instead, it thinks about run creation.  Run production assumes that the most important act is driving in a run.  Run creation, on the other hand, puts greater emphasis at getting on base, which Drew has historically done well.  Hitting with RISP is not a skill.  Hitting, in general is a skill.  Drawing walks is a skill.  Hitting for power is a skill.  Clutch hitting (with RISP) is a matter of luck and opportunity.

Nobody in baseball is worse at getting a run in from 3rd with less than 2 outs than JD. He approaches these ABs the same way he does if he leads off the 9th in a one run game. So he watches third strikes and falls behind in the count, pops the ball up to the infield, or whatever else he has to do in order to keep from getting that run in from third. My friends and I laugh about it. We text each other when he comes up in those situations and just shake our heads in amazement as he watches yet another third strike go by. He cannot drive in runs.

Is that a fact or an opinion?  I'd like to see the data to back it up.

Big waste of money.

That's your opinion.  I'm not going to tell you he's been everything I'd hoped for and more.  That said, I've looked beyond his deficiencies (which all players have) to find the positives.  Using Fangraphs WAR method to determine player value, Drew (through 2010) has provided nearly as much productive value as he's made in salary.  Considering his age (mid-30s), that's pretty good.  You see it differently, and that's cool.  If you want to live in an archaic, anti-intellectual world where irrational thought is championed and stats like RBIs, wins, and fielding percentage is cherished, go right ahead.  I appreciate living in the real world where such obviously biased and illogical arguments are ignored.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Yes, JD is showing his age, as some of us and Im sure the FO was anticipating, in the final year of his deal..His defense is still solid IMO and I think hes got another streak in him..Hey, at least u cant say he was taking PED's..This is what you call the natural decline..To compare a guy making 14mil to a guy making over 30mil per is ridiculous...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Whatever you think of Fangraphs calculations, they are objective, whereas fans watching their favorite teams are not.  And Fangraphs says Drew could retire tomorrow and be worth 85% of what we paid for him.  That's not bad - I'd be ecstatic if Carl Crawford is worth 85% of his salary over the length of his contract.

If you think Drew's contract is laughable, what do you think of A-Rod's?  He's 4 months older than Drew and signed for 6 more years!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In Response to Re: JD Drew:
    [QUOTE]I love to bash JD just to hear the ridiculousness of his supporters when they defend him. He will go down as one of the worst Red Sox free agent signings in history. Well, at least you're going to be fair and balanced about J.D. Drew.  Nope.  No bias here. First of all, let's remember that he is making basically close to A Rod money. They've been paying him $14 million per year for 5 years now. It was a huge contract at the time, and his $14 million this year is still waaaaaaay more than our real players are getting payed, other than a few. Drew isn't making anything close to A-Rod money; unless by A-Rod, you mean Andy Roddick, and then you might be right.  A-Rod is making $31M this season, which is more than twice what Drew is making.  Nice job.  Math is clearly your strong suit. Secondly, he plays right field. Only first base is less demanding and I know he plays half his games at Fenway. Still, only first base is less demanding. While this is true in most cases, right field at Fenway is significantly more difficult than left field.  RF at Fenway is so expansive that it covers nearly as much ground as CF in most other stadiums.  The fact that Drew has been so proficient defensively over the course of his contract is a testament to his defensive abilities. Thirdly and most importantly, this man absolutely cannot drive in runs. He comes up with more guys on base than just about anybody, and HE"S NEVER DRIVEN IN 69 RUNS FOR US. This is a rather big deal. He was touted, and still is amazingly, as a run producer, and yet he is currently averaging an RBI for every ten ABs. Think about that. For every ten of JD's ABs he gives us 1 RBI. Varitek is a catcher and he gives us about 1.5 RBI per 10 ABs. Salty is the same way, and has more RBIs in fact with less ABs. They usually bat last and they are not having good years, and they STILL are better than our $14 million right fielder at driving in runs. A couple of things.  One, why is driving in 69 runs significant?  Oh, because the most he's ever driven in is 68 for the Red Sox.  I like to call that an artificial boundary.  Two, the Red Sox organization doesn't think about run production.  Instead, it thinks about run creation.  Run production assumes that the most important act is driving in a run.  Run creation, on the other hand, puts greater emphasis at getting on base, which Drew has historically done well.  Hitting with RISP is not a skill.  Hitting, in general is a skill.  Drawing walks is a skill.  Hitting for power is a skill.  Clutch hitting (with RISP) is a matter of luck and opportunity. Nobody in baseball is worse at getting a run in from 3rd with less than 2 outs than JD. He approaches these ABs the same way he does if he leads off the 9th in a one run game. So he watches third strikes and falls behind in the count, pops the ball up to the infield, or whatever else he has to do in order to keep from getting that run in from third. My friends and I laugh about it. We text each other when he comes up in those situations and just shake our heads in amazement as he watches yet another third strike go by. He cannot drive in runs. Is that a fact or an opinion?  I'd like to see the data to back it up. Big waste of money. That's your opinion.  I'm not going to tell you he's been everything I'd hoped for and more.  That said, I've looked beyond his deficiencies (which all players have) to find the positives.  Using Fangraphs WAR method to determine player value, Drew (through 2010) has provided nearly as much productive value as he's made in salary.  Considering his age (mid-30s), that's pretty good.  You see it differently, and that's cool.  If you want to live in an archaic, anti-intellectual world where irrational thought is championed and stats like RBIs, wins, and fielding percentage is cherished, go right ahead.  I appreciate living in the real world where such obviously biased and illogical arguments are ignored.
    Posted by redsoxfan791[/QUOTE]

Great post.

The one legitimate complaint IMO is that Drew doesn't seem to expand the strike zone in key situtions. For example, I don't think it's a great attribute for him to BB with less than two outs and a runner on third in a tied game instead of trying to put the ball in play and drive in the run.

Of course, taking a BB is better than a strikeout. But he does sometimes seem to rather strike out on a called third strike than fight off a close pitch. It easy to see where his approach can be frustrating to fans, but his critics go so far over the top that their posts are jokes.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tc25. Show tc25's posts

In Response to JD Drew:
    [QUOTE]I love to bash JD just to hear the ridiculousness of his supporters when they defend him. He will go down as one of the worst Red Sox free agent signings in history. First of all, let's remember that he is making basically close to A Rod money. They've been paying him $14 million per year for 5 years now. It was a huge contract at the time, and his $14 million this year is still waaaaaaay more than our real players are getting payed, other than a few. Secondly, he plays right field. Only first base is less demanding and I know he plays half his games at Fenway. Still, only first base is less demanding. Thirdly and most importantly, this man absolutely cannot drive in runs. He comes up with more guys on base than just about anybody, and HE"S NEVER DRIVEN IN 69 RUNS FOR US. This is a rather big deal. He was touted, and still is amazingly, as a run producer, and yet he is currently averaging an RBI for every ten ABs. Think about that. For every ten of JD's ABs he gives us 1 RBI. Varitek is a catcher and he gives us about 1.5 RBI per 10 ABs. Salty is the same way, and has more RBIs in fact with less ABs. They usually bat last and they are not having good years, and they STILL are better than our $14 million right fielder at driving in runs. Nobody in baseball is worse at getting a run in from 3rd with less than 2 outs than JD. He approaches these ABs the same way he does if he leads off the 9th in a one run game. So he watches third strikes and falls behind in the count, pops the ball up to the infield, or whatever else he has to do in order to keep from getting that run in from third. My friends and I laugh about it. We text each other when he comes up in those situations and just shake our heads in amazement as he watches yet another third strike go by. He cannot drive in runs. Big waste of money.
    Posted by Scott8340[/QUOTE]
    JD Drew drives me crazy, he is so lazy at the plate, with that being said Mike Cameron is so bad he makes JD look like an All Star

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: JD Drew : Great post. The one legitimate complaint IMO is that Drew doesn't seem to expand the strike zone in key situtions. For example, I don't think it's a great attribute for him to BB with less than two outs and a runner on third in a tied game instead of trying to put the ball in play and drive in the run. Of course, taking a BB is better than a strikeout. But he does sometimes seem to rather strike out on a called third strike than fight off a close pitch. It easy to see where his approach can be frustrating to fans, but his critics go so far over the top that their posts are jokes.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]Roy, while I'd never compare JD Drew to TS Williams, the same was said about him expanding his strike zone. Part of a high OBP is going to be taking close pitches. Williams was much more prolific a player but he was equally unbending of in his approach regardless of the situation. 

As for the OP those who feel Drew was a disappointment for the entire duration of his contract will only find his final year an exclamation point to their arguments.

Defending his contract on the basis of his 2011 to date performance is impossible, it has been a shadow of his career performance.

So if you never liked Drew, consider 2011 to be your ultimate validation but particularly on BDC I don't think anybody can shed any more light on the pros and cons of David Jonathan Drew than what has already been posted thousands of times already. Comparing the Drew contract to A-Rod's as this OP did only subtracts from the argument against Drew because the contracts are so dissimilar. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

well, i guess i was wrong; the indefensible can be defended. even if you have to resort to FANGRAPHS.
    and although it is ridiculous to compare 14 mill to 30mill per year, giving drew 14 mill per year is even more ridiculous.

and yes, lackey's signing will even be worse than drew's  before it's over.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

If you want to live in an archaic, anti-intellectual world where irrational thought is championed and stats like RBIs, wins, and fielding percentage is cherished, go right ahead.  I appreciate living in the real world where such obviously biased and illogical arguments are ignored.

In other words, you are an uneducated moron, probably a member of the Republican Party who clings to your guns and religion. I have superior intellect and tend to be right most of the time!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tc25. Show tc25's posts

[QUOTE]  If you want to live in an archaic, anti-intellectual world where irrational thought is championed and stats like RBIs, wins, and fielding percentage is cherished, go right ahead.  I appreciate living in the real world where such obviously biased and illogical arguments are ignored. In other words, you are an uneducated moron, probably a member of the Republican Party who clings to your guns and religion. I have superior intellect and tend to be right most of the time!
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE] The Democratic party,  more Debt, Taxes,Welfare, Foodstamps, Regulation, Govt Employees, Spending,Corruption, Higher Unemployment, a laughing stock of a President your right you  have a supeior intellect

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]  If you want to live in an archaic, anti-intellectual world where irrational thought is championed and stats like RBIs, wins, and fielding percentage is cherished, go right ahead.  I appreciate living in the real world where such obviously biased and illogical arguments are ignored. In other words, you are an uneducated moron, probably a member of the Republican Party who clings to your guns and religion. I have superior intellect and tend to be right most of the time!
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's what you read into that statement.  How very Palinesque of you.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wherescreamingcomesfrom. Show wherescreamingcomesfrom's posts

Uhm . . . .to move away from politics for a second (as well as some other blowhardery) I'm encouraged about Reddick's ability to possibly platoon in RF later in the year if Drew doesn't go on his usual hot streak and get it together at the plate a bit.

I know it's a small sample size, but Reddick looks much more patient at the plate then I remember him on the past. If that continues, and if J.D. still isn't hitting by early August, I would be happy seeing some more of Reddick in right.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

Sorry. I stopped reading when you said J.D. Drew makes A-Rod money. You lost all credibility after that.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from markes8336. Show markes8336's posts

[QUOTE]I love to bash JD just to hear the ridiculousness of his supporters when they defend him. He will go down as one of the worst Red Sox free agent signings in history. Well, at least you're going to be fair and balanced about J.D. Drew.  Nope.  No bias here. First of all, let's remember that he is making basically close to A Rod money. They've been paying him $14 million per year for 5 years now. It was a huge contract at the time, and his $14 million this year is still waaaaaaay more than our real players are getting payed, other than a few. Drew isn't making anything close to A-Rod money; unless by A-Rod, you mean Andy Roddick, and then you might be right.  A-Rod is making $31M this season, which is more than twice what Drew is making.  Nice job.  Math is clearly your strong suit. Secondly, he plays right field. Only first base is less demanding and I know he plays half his games at Fenway. Still, only first base is less demanding. While this is true in most cases, right field at Fenway is significantly more difficult than left field.  RF at Fenway is so expansive that it covers nearly as much ground as CF in most other stadiums.  The fact that Drew has been so proficient defensively over the course of his contract is a testament to his defensive abilities. Thirdly and most importantly, this man absolutely cannot drive in runs. He comes up with more guys on base than just about anybody, and HE"S NEVER DRIVEN IN 69 RUNS FOR US. This is a rather big deal. He was touted, and still is amazingly, as a run producer, and yet he is currently averaging an RBI for every ten ABs. Think about that. For every ten of JD's ABs he gives us 1 RBI. Varitek is a catcher and he gives us about 1.5 RBI per 10 ABs. Salty is the same way, and has more RBIs in fact with less ABs. They usually bat last and they are not having good years, and they STILL are better than our $14 million right fielder at driving in runs. A couple of things.  One, why is driving in 69 runs significant?  Oh, because the most he's ever driven in is 68 for the Red Sox.  I like to call that an artificial boundary.  Two, the Red Sox organization doesn't think about run production.  Instead, it thinks about run creation.  Run production assumes that the most important act is driving in a run.  Run creation, on the other hand, puts greater emphasis at getting on base, which Drew has historically done well.  Hitting with RISP is not a skill.  Hitting, in general is a skill.  Drawing walks is a skill.  Hitting for power is a skill.  Clutch hitting (with RISP) is a matter of luck and opportunity. Nobody in baseball is worse at getting a run in from 3rd with less than 2 outs than JD. He approaches these ABs the same way he does if he leads off the 9th in a one run game. So he watches third strikes and falls behind in the count, pops the ball up to the infield, or whatever else he has to do in order to keep from getting that run in from third. My friends and I laugh about it. We text each other when he comes up in those situations and just shake our heads in amazement as he watches yet another third strike go by. He cannot drive in runs. Is that a fact or an opinion?  I'd like to see the data to back it up. Big waste of money. That's your opinion.  I'm not going to tell you he's been everything I'd hoped for and more.  That said, I've looked beyond his deficiencies (which all players have) to find the positives.  Using Fangraphs WAR method to determine player value, Drew (through 2010) has provided nearly as much productive value as he's made in salary.  Considering his age (mid-30s), that's pretty good.  You see it differently, and that's cool.  If you want to live in an archaic, anti-intellectual world where irrational thought is championed and stats like RBIs, wins, and fielding percentage is cherished, go right ahead.  I appreciate living in the real world where such obviously biased and illogical arguments are ignored.
    Posted by redsoxfan791[/QUOTE]

I agree with you in principle, and I usually like the arguments you make and the supportive information you provide. I do take issue with one consistent aspect of your posts, though. Why is it necessary to personally deride the posters you disagree with? You make a well-stated argument backed with good data only to ruin your post (at least, for me) with insults. Even if your 'opponent' is a jerk, why step down to that level? How does that make your opinion better than his?

While your "Math is clearly your strong suit" could be considered playful sarcasm, I feel you cross the line with statements such as those at the end of your post. First, you state, "You see it differently, and that's cool." You could easily have ended there and had a strong post.
    However, for some reason I don't understand, you feel the need to add, "If you want to live in an archaic, anti-intellectual world where irrational thought is championed and stats like RBIs, wins, and fielding percentage is cherished, go right ahead.  I appreciate living in the real world where such obviously biased and illogical arguments are ignored."
    Comments like those are the reason I have not bothered to check out your blogs. You seem to be a reasonably talented writer, but good writers stand on the strengths of their writing. Venom is an unnecessarry addition. IMHO, it doesn't become you.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from markes8336. Show markes8336's posts

[QUOTE]Uhm . . . .to move away from politics for a second (as well as some other blowhardery) I'm encouraged about Reddick's ability to possibly platoon in RF later in the year if Drew doesn't go on his usual hot streak and get it together at the plate a bit. I know it's a small sample size, but Reddick looks much more patient at the plate then I remember him on the past. If that continues, and if J.D. still isn't hitting by early August, I would be happy seeing some more of Reddick in right.
    Posted by wherescreamingcomesfrom[/QUOTE]

I think Reddick could inject some energy, but I could also understand if Tito stuck with Drew for his experience. For all of his faults, he has had some big moments, particularly in postseason play.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: JD Drew : The Democratic party,  more Debt, Taxes,Welfare, Foodstamps, Regulation, Govt Employees, Spending,Corruption, Higher Unemployment, a laughing stock of a President your right you  have a supeior intellect  
    Posted by tc25[/QUOTE]As bugs bunny used to say, what a maroon.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: JD Drew : I think Reddick could inject some energy, but I could also understand if Tito stuck with Drew for his experience. For all of his faults, he has had some big moments, particularly in postseason play.
    Posted by markes8336[/QUOTE]Yes experience is a solid point. And while Reddick has hit for more power in AAA this year than Drew has in MLB, their BA and OBP are identical. It isn't much a leap for a manager to think that in MLB a young players performance may drop particularly initially. When you consider Josh was in the .235 BA - .330 OBP range in AAA is not shouting bench Drew with his defensive prowess and the potential to get on a hot streak.

But right now with Crawford out I think it makes for opportunity. Opportunity for Reddick to make a case for more PT and possible a case for Mac to over take Cameron as the primary RH RF platoon partner.