Jed Lowrie = Tim Naehring any thoughts?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Re: Jed Lowrie = Tim Naehring any thoughts?

I loved Naehring!  Give me a team of Trot Nixons and Tim Neahring anyday.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In Response to Jed Lowrie = Tim Naehring any thoughts?:
    [QUOTE]A lot of upside and potenital. Every I hear if he ever gets healthy, reminds me of Tim Naehring. Similar player similar problems. What do you think?
    Posted by DFURY13[/QUOTE]

Ahhhhhh????????

I think your computer is running a bit slooooooooooooooow........

Perhaps if you had posted this at the beginning of LAST YEAR it might have some consideration????

NOW?????   Hmmmmm????

I take it you don't really follow the Sox???

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I know Tim Naehring, I was a fan of Tim Naehring, I watched him play dazzling third base and hit the ball harder than anyone for a time being, and you sir, Jed Lowrie, are no Tim Naehring.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

I dunno, Burrito. I kind of agree on Naehring. Great upside, I liked him too, but his potential was never fully realized. 

Now, John Valentin - he fared better.  There was a player!

As for Trot Nixon, you are now getting into Dirt Dog Territory. Sacred Ground, my friend.  Brian Daubach, Shea Hillenbrand, Lou Merloni, Gabe Kapler (my opinion)...now yer sayin' sumpin'.  Gimme a team of those doggies. Yowza.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from majorleague. Show majorleague's posts

I read some idiot's post about how Lowrie was already an elite MLB SS. Hard to be that when you can't even finish a full MLB season. Lowrie is a pretzel who is either moving elsewhere to play 2B or hanging around to be UIF'er. He's a classic service time counter.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I recall Valentine (who was a solid performer) whining about moving to 3rd in order to make room for the new SS Nomar.  He did it though, and played a good 3rd base too.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

In Response to Re: Jed Lowrie = Tim Naehring any thoughts?:
    [QUOTE]I recall Valentine (who was a solid performer) whining about moving to 3rd in order to make room for the new SS Nomar.  He did it though, and played a good 3rd base too.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Ye-e-e-a-a-a-h-h!  I forgot about that.  Thanks.  Why do the Red Sox attract so many whiners, or is that the nature of the beast?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

It caught me funny AROD put up no argument wi switch to 3rd but Valentine made a lot of noise.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]I know Tim Naehring, I was a fan of Tim Naehring, I watched him play dazzling third base and hit the ball harder than anyone for a time being, and you sir, Jed Lowrie, are no Tim Naehring.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

Danny, 

IThe Naehring comparison isn't bad and isn't an insult to either one. I  was a fan of Naehring.  But as I recall, Naehring had injury issues, never played more than 126  games in a season and played more than 100 games just twice. (And both years was after age 27. Lowrie is 27 and likely will get his first 100-plus game season this year).

From age 23 through 27, Naehring:
    235 G, 750 AB, 78 R, 196 H, 43 2B, 1 3B, 13 HR, 88 RBI, .261 BA, .701 OPS

From age 24 through 27, Lowrie:
    199 G, 606 AB, 86 R, 161 H, 49 2B, 4 3B, 16 HR, 97 RBI, .266 BA, .779 OPS

Despite fewer games, at-bats and hits (so far), Lowrie has more doubles, triples, home runs, RBIs, Runs, BA and OPS. (Also slugging and OBP, which I didn't post).

And Lowrie will pass Naehring in games played and at-bats at age 27 by midseason.

Naehring was better defensively but both are versatile. Naehring came up as a SS and also played 2B and 3B. There are a lot of similarities, but the stats show Lowrie has been a better hitter at a similar stage of their careers.

Naehring ended up with a .282 career BA because he batted .307, 286, .282 in his last three years (28, 29, 30). We'll see what Lowrie does from here on out.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from majorleague. Show majorleague's posts

When Lowrie is healthy, not tired, not overheated or exhausted, he is not as good as anyone in the game. He's not a SS.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

So far Uncle Jed has been better than many players named J.D. or John making much more money.

It's too soon in his career to be making comparisons to long gone players who were duds. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SleeStack1. Show SleeStack1's posts

I don't remember much about Naehring.  Looking at his stats does make an interesting comparison.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]It caught me funny AROD put up no argument wi switch to 3rd but Valentine made a lot of noise.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

A-Rod didn't argue about switching to third because it was his only way out of Texas and into New York.