Jed Lowrie - who knew?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Jed Lowrie - who knew?

3 HR's, 4 doubles, BA of .500 and playing good D at SS for Oakland through seven games.  I'm glad to see him doing well.  I thought he got ripped way too much by some posters here during his time with the Sox.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: Jed Lowrie - who knew?

In response to joel49's comment:

3 HR's, 4 doubles, BA of .500 and playing good D at SS for Oakland through seven games.  I'm glad to see him doing well.  I thought he got ripped way too much by some posters here during his time with the Sox.

Agreed Joel.  Jed is a good player, just can't stay healthy.  To some this is akin to failure.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

It's not like Oakland has a rep for finding value. 

-Daf.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

Agreed Joel.  Jed is a good player, just can't stay healthy.  To some this is akin to failure.  

yup

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

Can You Give Us An UpDate On All Ex RedSox, Including Ted Williams.....Thanks.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

"No Pop" Jed was what softy called him.

He may have one of the highest HR% of any SS over the past 2-3 years. Of course softy doesn't count doubles and triples as "pop", but either way, softy was wrong again.

SS SLG% since 2010 (35 SSs with 950+ PAs)

1) Tulo   .547

2) Lowrie .453

3) Reyes  .453

4) HanRam .438

5) Hardy    .427

10) Drew   .414

13) Aviles .400

15) Scoot  .398

16) Jeter  .396

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I am happy to see Crisp, Reddick, and Lowrie do well for the A's.  I always thank Lowrie for hitting the game winning RBI vs. the Angels in game 4 of the 2008 ALDS.  The Red Sox eliminated a very good and talented Angels team that year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Jed has always been a good player. When he can stay healthy, which hasnt been often.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

first Drew, now Jed - next we will be hearing warm remembrances of Edgar Renteria....how about Iggy???

pretty good defense huh?

and a good bat so far....

keep him on the roster

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

I know...Iggy is only 2nd or 3rd in every hitting category - so lets bench him!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

if anyone else on the team had a BABIP of over .600 then they would lead the team in every hitting category too......

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

In response to georom4's comment:

if anyone else on the team had a BABIP of over .600 then they would lead the team in every hitting category too......

If his .600 BAbip was basxed on line drives falling in, it would be one thing, but Iggy has only one line drive hit, 3 GB hits, and 5 weak IF grounder hits or bunts to give him 9 hits overall.

That is totally unsustainable. Sure, he might start lining more balls like he was in ST, but he's at best a .260-.275 hitter this year, and more likely a .235-.245 hitter with such great range and defensive instincts that his offense shouldn't even be an issue in need of discussion.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Always thought he was a good player, had a great swing. Too good a swing to not hit, in fact. Injuries were his big trouble here, but I always thought he could reach greater heights.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

I was fine with Lowrie, playing third base. That would have left Youkilis at first, until Rizzo was ready.

Someone in the FO had designs on A-Gon. Funny how Theo went out and got Rizzo right back from the Padres. Also wanted Werth over Crawford.  Once Rizzo and Middy developed, Sox had Youk and Lowrie to trade, which they eventually did, and got mostly nothing in return.

2013 Line-up

Ells CF

Pedroia 2b

Werth LF

Papi DH

Rizzo 1b

Middy 3b

Salty C

JBJ RF

IGGY/Drew SS

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

softy was wrong again.

I was right about the pretzel, you were wrong. And your low self esteem is causing you to work to hard at trying to assert yourself with phony stats.

Jed Lowrie's career SLG is .430.

That is still very high for a SS, but it's interesting how you bounce from 1 to 7 game sample sizes to career numbers whener it suits your fancy.

He's a butcher at SS.

Yes, obviously, but that does not affect his "pop". Please, try to stay on topic.

Lowrie's a big reject because he's never played more than 97 games in his career! He's closing in on the 30 years old.

While this nonsense is going on, Crisp has 4 homers in 8 games, which is better than fan favorite Jed slugging SS Lowrie.

Why not look at Crisp's career HR % like you did for Jed's SLG%? Your constant moving of the goalposts must be tiring for you.

Career HR%:

Per PA:

Lowrie  .0283

Crisp    .0183

Per AB:

Lowrie  .0323

Crisp    .0204

Huge disparities here, clown. It's wood shed time again.

By year end, Lowrie will be what Lowrie always is, a butcher SS who has the constitution of Ellsbury. These two guys are two of the most overrated fan fravorites in Red Sox history. Both are career losers from college days forward.

Yes, I see Jed Lowrie T-shirts everywhere.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Woodshed time is illegal, stooge. I'm going to simply plug some metal in you, time. Lowrie hasn't played more than 97 games in a season! Who cares what rainman "per plate A" stat splits you choose to use to try and make a case that Lowrie is a HR profile. Lowrie's a pretzel who ends up in the dumpster, which is where it's time to put you.

Of course you "don't care" when you are wrong.

Your position was Jed had "no pop". You then compared his "pop" to Coco's. You got taken to the wood shed, and now you want to change the discussion to playing time. Nobody disagrees that Jed can't stay on the field. 

Stick to the conversation: "No Pop Jed".

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

OPS+ adjusts and measures Jed's OPS.  His OPS+ is 101.  That is about as average as average gets.

So we have an average hitting SS who cant play the position or stay healthy.

He was traded for Melancon , who was in turn traded for Hanrahan (the included prospects were throw ins).

Sox (indirectly) got Hanrahan for Lowrie.   Lowrie (a utility IF really) for a proven closer who is pitching well?  We actually made out pretty well.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

OPS+ adjusts and measures Jed's OPS.  His OPS+ is 101.  That is about as average as average gets.

So we have an average hitting SS who cant play the position or stay healthy.

He was traded for Melancon , who was in turn traded for Hanrahan (the included prospects were throw ins).

Sox (indirectly) got Hanrahan for Lowrie.   Lowrie (a utility IF really) for a proven closer who is pitching well?  We actually made out pretty well.

What's the average OPS+ for a MLB SS, drew?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Made out like a bandit, getting rid of Lowrie the pretzel loser. I like how he was on the DL and working on his "feces" at Stanford on labor law.

You criticized the Jed & Weiland for Melancon trade at the time!

Your lies never end.