Jenks: Our Hero...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lasitter. Show lasitter's posts

Jenks: Our Hero...

So there are no morals clauses in contracts anymore?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Re: Jenks: Our Hero...

Pathetic.  Guaranteed contracts may be the worst thing to ever happen to professional sports.  The NFL has it right, they'll cut you the night before the Super Bowl but in MLB Jenks can spend 2 years on the DL, rack up some felonies and collect every penny of his contract.  Pathetic.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

In Response to Re: Jenks: Our Hero...:
    [QUOTE]Pathetic.  Guaranteed contracts may be the worst thing to ever happen to professional sports.  The NFL has it right, they'll cut you the night before the Super Bowl but in MLB Jenks can spend 2 years on the DL, rack up some felonies and collect every penny of his contract.  Pathetic.
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

The guy is a loser snd although I do not like Ozzie Guillen, he was right about Jenks. Everything I have read abiout the guy the last several months about the supposed misdiagnosing of his surhery points to an attitude. Its as if he is going to take his time getting back. I have my doubts he is going to pitch on this team this year. Last year he looked like he did not work out at all and was eating his way out of the league. Then he hurt his back. he was a waste of 12 million dollars that Epstein signed him for. I wiish I had 12 million dollars iand his life and had the opportunities he had. Just another athlete with a 50 cent head.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

He should be cut immediatly. Guy's driving around all hopped up on benzodiazepines (and who knows what else), and hits multiple vehicles, all while attempting to elude the police. Bah! Fire his worthless butt and use his pay elsewhere. This is Bobby V.'s and Cherington's chance to show the improved clubhouse atmosphere. Make an example of this LOSER.  Withold his pay under the morality clause and let him go.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Jenks: Our Hero...:
    [QUOTE]So there are no morals clauses in contracts anymore?
    Posted by lasitter[/QUOTE]

There was nothing positive reported on Jenks, yet Theo signed him anyway.  I can't wait until he and Lackey are off this team.  A total waste of 20 plus mil a year we could definately spend more wisely.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Theo messed up on this one big time.  No surprises there.  Theo lost his way over the last few seasons making blunders that have and will continue to hurt the team for years. 

However, Ben has a chance to correct this mistake and drop him from the 40 man roster today. 

If you recall, I said after last year Jenks had no business being on the 2012 team after what in 2011 regardless of what happened in between.........

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

You were right then and now Andrewmitch. This is a test for Cherington and the Red Sox organization as a whole. Will they continue the enabling? The dysfunctional coddling of players instead of promoting professionalism and high standards? Stay tuned! Because how they handle this situation will speak volumes about their resolve, or lack thereof. I already don't like what I'm seeing. The clown has already admitted enough publicly to result in his immediate dismissal. Why the dawdling? What's there to think about?!

[QUOTE]Theo messed up on this one big time.  No surprises there.  Theo lost his way over the last few seasons making blunders that have and will continue to hurt the team for years.  However, Ben has a chance to correct this mistake and drop him from the 40 man roster today.  If you recall, I said after last year Jenks had no business being on the 2012 team after what in 2011 regardless of what happened in between.........
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

Hopw can you place a MORALS clause in an immoral world?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Jenks and Lackey should open a pub together and forget about baseball.  I'm sure Josh would be happy to kick in a few bucks to help out.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

Yes, we are all upset with the money wasted on Jenks.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

And the sad thing is the money wasted on Jenks is nothing compared to what was flushed away on Crawful.  And remember, the jury is still out on the AGone deal as his contract hasn't even kicked in yet.....and I won't even mention Josh "The Season Ends in August" Beckett.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

Ummm.....not sure exactly what you're defending here. Lackey was an injured player hurt in the performance of his job. Jenks is a moron who admittedly has broken the law, and by doing so damaged the properties of multiple parties. He is an embarassment to our Team, just like he's been an embarassment everywhere he's been. This is the genius who brought a case of beer on the team bus in Chicago and, when confronted, told a manager to "F-off". He's been a drunk for years, and is rumored to like his drugs also. I guess "Carmine" didn't have those metrics factored in. He literally killed our team last season, and I for one don't think we should let him do it again this year. Instead of rehabbing his decrepit body, this married father of small children was hanging out at a strip club at 2:30 in the morning. Nice. Cut this loser ASAP! The $12 million 2 yr deal was stupid in the 1st place, and we now have a chance to salvage one of the years by dumping him.  We sure could use $6 million bucks about now...

[QUOTE]To all the folks whining about guaranteed contracts -- I love how in their thinking only one side has to honor a signed contract -- the player.  The owner gets to tear up the contract anytime he feels like it.  Real nice.  If I was a professional athlete, I would want to play in a league that had guaranteed contracts, just as everyone that whines about them would also.  Guaranteed contracts are a reality in some sports --stop whining and deal with it. "Boo-hoo...why can't we take Jenks' money away?.. sniffle...and Lackey's too."   Pathetic.
    Posted by bellhorn_[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Saluda. Show Saluda's posts

yeah alcoholics can sometimes get away with that stuff early on in their primes but this guy sure sounds like more than a few players I have read about in the last 40 years who ran their bodies and careers into the ground by the drink and or drugs and still were making huge amounts of money riding out their contracts while they stunk the place up 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I liked the Jenks signing at the time. His K9 rate was still double digits and his velo was still high. I prefered a one year deal and had Jenks playing for a contract, but obviously market dictated 2 years, so someone other team also had hopes for Jenks.
    $6 million per imo was a good gamble for a potential closer/8th inning set up guy.
    relief pitching being what it is, Jenks will regain health, throw for someone over the winter and touch 94, and be signed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]I liked the Jenks signing at the time. His K9 rate was still double digits and his velo was still high. I prefered a one year deal and had Jenks playing for a contract, but obviously market dictated 2 years, so someone other team also had hopes for Jenks. $6 million per imo was a good gamble for a potential closer/8th inning set up guy. relief pitching being what it is, Jenks will regain health, throw for someone over the winter and touch 94, and be signed.
    Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]

Well, rkrap, as a Yankee fan I have to say I liked the signing at the time too.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

Not so. He could be cut outright for violating the morality clause of his MLB contract. Granted it rarely happens, but considering his history and the serious nature of the charges he's facing, it could and should be done.  He could also be suspended for the season for conduct detrimental to the team. We can clearly do better than this poorly motivated chump.

[QUOTE]Do the Sox have the chance to "salvage the last year of his $12 million contract by dumping him"?  Not if Jenks signed a 2 year/$12 million guaranteed contract.  Sure, the Sox can dump him, but they'd still have to pay the last year of the contract at $6 million.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

You have to take the good with the bad.
    BTW the RS will do what the RS will do and we have no ability to change that. So comment but don't get your blood pressure all agitated about it.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

maybe im too old school but giving a guy who looks like this 12 million is risky...he was not an athlete...he had a god given rocket arm but there is more than pure talent needed to be a good mlb....what about attitude, work-ethic, smarts?  theo really messed up here...

and since when is 6 mil a yr for a one inning set up guy ever a good deal />>>>

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

This was far from a simple DUI case. While all the facts haven't been released yet, we do have enough to indicate that he could actually be facing prison time. The man was admittedly driving under the influence, was so impaired that he crashed into not one but 2 separate cars, and fled the scene to avoid capture by police. He's caused thousands of dollars in damage and, were he a "normal citizen", could be facing prison time. One thing you gotta understand is that this is Florida, not Mass. They don't play when it comes to crime and punishment. The Red Sox would be well within their rights to send this chump packing, and I hope they do. The reason I'm being so vocal about this case, is this is exactly the stuff that sunk our team last season. Excessive partying, pill popping among players AND managers, and a generally unprofessional atmosphere all combined to ruin us. Will it be same old same old with this new management? Or do they have the guts to enforce some basic discipline. We shall see. 

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jenks: Our Hero... : ONLY would happen if Jenks had something SPECIFIC written into his contract by the Sox that would give the Sox an out for just about ANY type of infraction.  No way on some general 'morality clause' B.S.  Plenty of major league baseball players have gotten DUI's in the past -- teams have not had the right to terminate their guaranteed contracts over a simple DUI.

25. This post has been removed.