Jim Rice to "BIG PAPI"............

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Jim Rice to "BIG PAPI"............

"SON, YOU WILL KNOW WHEN IT'S OVER"   !!!!  

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: Jim Rice to

spammer

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Gotta say Bill, I am surprised at how much bad energy you are directing towards Papi.  Kinda weird really.  Even if his achilles is toast and he is DOA this year, it is strange for a good natured fella such as yourself to spend so much time harping on him.  Bad juju.  I am sure Dad does not approve.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus's comment:

Gotta say Bill, I am surprised at how much bad energy you are directing towards Papi.  Kinda weird really.  Even if his achilles is toast and he is DOA this year, it is strange for a good natured fella such as yourself to spend so much time harping on him.  Bad juju.  I am sure Dad does not approve.

Space.....  As I have said, I am a PAPI fan and certainly understand what he has ment to the TEAM...... BUUUUTTT,  the way most posters & even management are "AVOIDING" the facts bothers me......  I sure hope Ben &  J F have a plan B C D E and im sure they do !!!  I continue to think that the $ox will go undefeated in 2013 and win it all, again !!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

I think we should extend Ortiz another 2 years!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Space.....  As I have said, I am a PAPI fan and certainly understand what he has ment to the TEAM...... BUUUUTTT,  the way most posters & even management are "AVOIDING" the facts bothers me......  I sure hope Ben &  J F have a plan B C D E and im sure they do !!!  I continue to think that the $ox will go undefeated in 2013 and win it all, again !!!

"David Ortiz was extremely optimistic regarding his injured right Achilles tendon after conducting baserunning drills Monday, saying once again that he is targeting playing on Opening Day.

“It was a good day,” Ortiz told reporters in Fort Myers. “I was moving pretty good. I don’t think I can run faster than that. Let’s just see how things go later on tonight."

WEEI

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Bill, I don't think anyone is avoiding the facts.  What is there to avoid?  Yeah, there is the possibility that Papi won't be able to go, or won't be effective.  On the other hand, time is when.  It would be foolhearty to rush back too soon just too appease nutty fans like you.  As Ortiz said:  He doesn't want to start playing and then have to stop again because he came back too soon.  If anyone is avoiding facts, it is your "Papi is Done" crowd.  You are patently avoiding the facts that Papi has been swinging the bat.  That doctors and Papi himself feel he is on track to start the season.  Now, of course, that might all be spurilous evidence at best.  Fine.  But, anything else is just pure speculation, conjecture, no facts.

And here is another fact that Geo presented yesterday:  Its not really the end of the world if Papi can't go, other than the waste of money.  Sure, we lose the only true middle of the order guy we have.  But, we are in the age of the mix & match utility DH anyway.  Surely, Farrell can make something work.  

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to selenium-'s comment:

Has management been avoiding the facts? Do you have a quote to back that up? The posters on the forum are concerned but are not in panic mode and posting it all over the forum 24/7 like you do.  I hope that I am wrong about this but you sound like a concern troll to me.

No one, that is zero talk about this........Got to sell DUCATS, ya know !!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Has management been avoiding the facts? Do you have a quote to back that up? The posters on the forum are concerned but are not in panic mode and posting it all over the forum 24/7 like you do.  I hope that I am wrong about this but you sound like a concern troll to me.

Good point Bill (well, I can infer anyway).  And one sure way to help bring in fan money is to not go around announcing that your star players are DOA when they are not.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

Good point Bill (well, I can infer anyway).  And one sure way to help bring in fan money is to not go around announcing that your star players are DOA when they are not.

I guess Bill wants someone at the Sox ticket window to add a disclaimer;

"Are you sure you want to buy thses tickets?

Big Pappi is probably done, you know!"

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

son, you should give him your achilles.

not like he is keeping a 40 hr guy in AAA because roster spot.  silly.  too late now.  the bull is signed for the season.  you pray his heel heals healthy and take his 280 / 32 / 100....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

not like he is keeping a 40 hr guy in AAA because roster spot.  silly.  too late now.  the bull is signed for the season.  you pray his heel heals healthy and take his 280 / 32 / 100....

Who is this 40 HR guy in AAA?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

*EYEROLL* the next FISK!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

That would be Ryan Lavarnway, as soon as we get rid of SALTY !!!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

what does salty have to do with it? Lava can hit just as many HRs in AAA with or without salty on the roster.

how many HRs did lava hit last season?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Ryan "Fisk 2.0" Lavarnway hit 10 dingers all year between the minors and Boston.

How do we get to 40?

Wait, don't tell me, career ... median ... averages

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Ryan "Fisk 2.0" Lavarnway hit 10 dingers all year between the minors and Boston.

How do we get to 40?

Wait, don't tell me, career ... median ... averages

It comes with catching 70% of the games at the M L level.........  BTW, Napoli will be the STARTING  D H !!!!!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Good advice from Jim.  For sure...he knew when it was time to shut it down. I love baseball..but to me there are few things in sports sadder than someone who doesn't know when to let go. I like to see people go out on top..but that's my preference. I think Ortiz should have retired after last season.

I think the whole Ortiz controversy is nothing but fodder in the sense that it's not very relevent to the team. The Sox season is doing going to hang on whether Ortiz is healthy or not.  Ortiz is part of a dying breed. If his achilles heals completely ( I doubt it ever will) then he could have an okay season...but anyone who is looking for big numbers from Big Papi is living in a dreamworld.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

Good advice from Jim.  For sure...he knew when it was time to shut it down. I love baseball..but to me there are few things in sports sadder than someone who doesn't know when to let go. I like to see people go out on top..but that's my preference. I think Ortiz should have retired after last season.

I think the whole Ortiz controversy is nothing but fodder in the sense that it's not very relevent to the team. The Sox season is doing going to hang on whether Ortiz is healthy or not.  Ortiz is part of a dying breed. If his achilles heals completely ( I doubt it ever will) then he could have an okay season...but anyone who is looking for big numbers from Big Papi is living in a dreamworld.

B I N G O   !!!!    Good post young fella, now hang on while all the seasoned T-BALLERS attack you for "seeing things as they are", not hw they want them to be......  You know your baseball !!!!