Joe Madden says he's "really looking forward to game five" at Boston.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Joe Madden says he's

In response to J-BAY's comment:

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to tampa2013's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Funny. Even if I thought that as Madden, I think I'd keep my mouth shut about it.

J-Bay just said the exact same words on the gamethread. Do you get NESN+ also out there in Illinois?

[/QUOTE]

Im in Indiana, but I dont have NESN. I watch the games on mlbtv during the summer. I could get NESN if I paid a lot more for a bigger sports package.

[/QUOTE]

TAMPA2013 is pike exam

[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know, I figured. What a stupid moniker for "the worlds greatest Red Sox fan".

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

who invented this term " Goofy Genius"?

That would be ME my friend. It was a creation out of my twisted mind alone, and its spreading like wildfire.

PD....."we're looking forward to game 3".....LOL

Ortiz..."what else can you say"  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

Madden can say what he wants....signs of desperation but I am looking forward to a 6:07 start in Tampa on Monday night......75% of the fans in the park at the start of that game with a start time through rush hour trafffic,  are going to be Sox fans!!!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to tomnev's comment:

Madden can say what he wants....signs of desperation but I am looking forward to a 6:07 start in Tampa on Monday night......75% of the fans in the park at the start of that game with a start time through rush hour trafffic,  are going to be Sox fans!!!

It amazes me they complain about rush hour in Tampa - they even have their start times to 7:15 to allow fans 5 more minutes to get through traffic to get to the game in time for the first pitch.  Not to mention traffic is nothing there compared to Boston, NY, LA, Atlanta, Chicago, Phillie, and Dallas.......another joke on that joke of a team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Well nobody down here in Tampa calls Maddon a "goofy genius". That was my only point.  Thanks for your response Sir.

Pike? Youre not fooling anyone here, and furthermore, what a stupid question and stupid post after a game like this. Might it be more fitting for the best Sox fan to be discussing Sox victory instead of asking dumb questions?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

In response to tomnev's comment:

[QUOTE]

It amazes me they complain about rush hour in Tampa - they even have their start times to 7:15 to allow fans 5 more minutes to get through traffic to get to the game in time for the first pitch.  Not to mention traffic is nothing there compared to Boston, NY, LA, Atlanta, Chicago, Phillie, and Dallas.......another joke on that joke of a team.

I was in Tampa one morning and The Sox were in town.  I called the stadium to ask if there were any tickets left.  They said they had "only 35,000 seats left"!  So I said Great....What time is the game tonight?  She says back to me "What time can YOU get here?"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Funny. Even if I thought that as Madden, I think I'd keep my mouth shut about it.

Oy

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from scash2013. Show scash2013's posts

This is a perfect example of why I can't stand the Rays. What kind of smug, idiot says this down 2-0 to the best team in baseball. Especially considering the Sox have their ace going in game 3 and Rays have a historically bad lineup.

I think it will be a major upset if the Rays avoid the sweep, let alone make it to a game 5. And this moron is running his mouth. His mediocre team and their tiny little payroll is lucky to even be in the playoffs.

Give me a break. It's like listening to Rex Ryan. Delusional.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Bragging about calling Maddon a " Goofey Genius" that is going viral sound like something that a teenager would say. How old are you?

Spell checker pike. Its Goofy Genius. And I didnt say "going viral", I said its "spreading like wildfire". Going viral sounds like something a 21 year old would say, so how old are YOU pike?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrickford. Show patrickford's posts

I think I actually dislike Madden more than any individual in the history of baseball. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to patrickford's comment:

I think I actually dislike Madden more than any individual in the history of baseball. 

And some posters on here wanted him to manage HERE. Let them eat cake.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

The only thing I can say at this point, is that Tampa just looks that bad. I support this team 100% but they do not belong in this series (my husband disagrees). The whole season was erratic and after that ridiculous showing in September and to go down 2-1 to Toronto only proved to me this is not the team to send to the ALDS.  

So, I give it to Boston. They brought their A game, Tampa brought nothing. I have tickets for the games at the Trop, but truthfully, I may just give them to my kids. I'm going to stay home and hope for a decent hockey season.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

any poster from Boston who has expressed a desire for Maddon, is an idiot. It would never work. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to vcec's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

any poster from Boston who has expressed a desire for Maddon, is an idiot. It would never work. 

[/QUOTE]

I couldnt agree more. His managing style would be looked on as gimmicky. The whole dress up thing, and animals in the clubhouse and etc. would never work in an environment as serious as Boston. He is more Rex Ryan than Bill Belichick. John Farrell is perfect, at least for now.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

The only thing I can say at this point, is that Tampa just looks that bad. I support this team 100% but they do not belong in this series (my husband disagrees). The whole season was erratic and after that ridiculous showing in September and to go down 2-1 to Toronto only proved to me this is not the team to send to the ALDS.  

So, I give it to Boston. They brought their A game, Tampa brought nothing. I have tickets for the games at the Trop, but truthfully, I may just give them to my kids. I'm going to stay home and hope for a decent hockey season.

Thanks.  So far, so good, but I take nothing for granted in the playoffs.  The sooner we get rid of you guys, the better.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

n response to TheExaminer's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I couldnt agree more. His managing style would be looked on as gimmicky. The whole dress up thing, and animals in the clubhouse and etc. would never work in an environment as serious as Boston. He is more Rex Ryan than Bill Belichick. John Farrell is perfect, at least for now.

[/QUOTE]

for now is right. Team looks good, looks strong. Not a fan, but they are there because of talent. Maddon relies on his gut. In a small market like Tampa, he gets away with it. And we do like him. And he's good for the team. But with a payroll like Boston or New York? The fans would have his head on a platter. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Are the Reds still in the postseason?

Pike the Reds suck this year. Ive been posting that all summer. Go to bed and sleep off all the booze youve been imbibing. You'll feel better when the Red Sox lose their first PS game, Mr. "Loyal Red Sox Fan".

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

n response to TheExaminer's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

for now is right. Team looks good, looks strong. Not a fan, but they are there because of talent. Maddon relies on his gut. In a small market like Tampa, he gets away with it. And we do like him. And he's good for the team. But with a payroll like Boston or New York? The fans would have his head on a platter. 

[/QUOTE]

LOL, youre right. Very well put.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrickford. Show patrickford's posts

Madden's style of constant complaining and showing up the umpires would spell doom in Boston. He get's away with his nonsense because the League wants a team in Tampa. Their pitchers have the biggest strike zones in baseball and their hitters the smallest and Madden still complains about every close call. This has infected his team as well. 
    Look at the way John Lester has been punished by umpires simply because they think he's making faces. Does Lester get thrown out of games? No, because he's doesn't behave in a way which would get him tossed, but he is punished because his dirty looks bruise the delicate feelings of umpires. 
    Madden on the other hand should be utterly despised by every umpire in the league. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

who invented this term " Goofy Genius"?

That would be ME my friend. It was a creation out of my twisted mind alone, and its spreading like wildfire.

PD....."we're looking forward to game 3".....LOL

Ortiz..."what else can you say"  

Jbay, is that what PD said in response to what Madden said? If so, that perfectly embodies the attitude of this team, and why theyve been successful.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

[QUOTE]

He's such an arrogant, poor leader. I can see why they've never won a WS.  All we hear about every year is how great he is, but he just shows the worst tact as a manager.

I cannot stand the guy.  The glasses also make it more annoying.

[/QUOTE]

Like I always say, show me the hardware. Hes won nothing, and probably never will in Tampa.You  cant perpetually run a team like they are and expect them to keep winning. Within 5 years theyll be right back down in last place.