Josh Beckett worried his career might be over

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Josh Beckett worried his career might be over

I hope it iosn't true for his sake.Josh thinks his career might be over,here's a paragraph from the article and a link to read the rest:

http://www.csnne.com/blog/red-sox-talk/beckett-worried-his-career-may-be-over

"Any time something like that happens to your arm or you start losing feeling and stuff . . . you think about [retirement] for sure," Beckett, who is on the disabled list after four to five weeks of numbness in the fingers on his right hand, told the Times. "I don't really want to think like that right now. I want to think about figuring out a way to deal with this."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: Josh Beckett worried his career might be over

I suspect he is not that "worried", but rather looking forward to it.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

Yeah all professional players love having their careers end with an injury or for any reason.Undecided

Your hate is showing thru

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

hmmmm! lets see here. guy has a hugh ranch in texas with all kinds of game to hunt and fish. a gazillion bucks in the bank. beautiful wife and family. yeah space, I'm sure josh is just totally freaking out at the idea or retirement. NOT.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to Hammah29r2's comment:

hmmmm! lets see here. guy has a hugh ranch in texas with all kinds of game to hunt and fish. a gazillion bucks in the bank. beautiful wife and family. yeah space, I'm sure josh is just totally freaking out at the idea or retirement. NOT.

I think that's what he said....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

Yeah all professional players love having their careers end with an injury or for any reason.Undecided

Jim, your board-fatigue is showing thru.  I have never hated on Josh Beckett.  In fact in the sudsiest, greasiest days of "chicken-gate", I called poppycock on the whole deal.  I always liked Josh, and the only criticism I have ever levelled against him was that he should take his conditioning seriously, preferable my Spaceman Core Yoga Program, in order to extend his career and even out his performance inconsistency.  

I am basing my conjecture about his mind state about possible retirement on the fact that he is clearly not the pitcher he once was.  And, without a commitment to fitness or a Clemens-esque career extending "technique", I think he sees the writing on the wall.  Combine this writing with the abuse he has taken at the hands of the Boston media/fan base for all these years, and i wouldn't blame him for not feeling excited to play baseball anymore.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

l ioved Beckett prior to him behaving like a baby in September 2011. That is how unfortunately  I am going to remember him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

I don't wish an injury on any player but................this couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. NOT!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

If he took baseball seriously and didt have this entitled attitude since his draft day, he would have been in prime shape and avoided most of these nagging injuries. I dont wish injury on any player either, but like PG said.....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

I hope it iosn't true for his sake.Josh thinks his career might be over,here's a paragraph from the article and a link to read the rest:

http://www.csnne.com/blog/red-sox-talk/beckett-worried-his-career-may-be-over

"Any time something like that happens to your arm or you start losing feeling and stuff . . . you think about [retirement] for sure," Beckett, who is on the disabled list after four to five weeks of numbness in the fingers on his right hand, told the Times. "I don't really want to think like that right now. I want to think about figuring out a way to deal with this."

Home come Josh is now worried about the numbness in his hand and didn't care about the numbness in his head when playing for sox

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

He could have been a hall of famer, his laziness and sense of entitlement prevented that from happening.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus's comment:

Thats a BINGO, Spaceman.......  He can't wait to get home & count his $$$$$$$  !!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from elvis-surfs. Show elvis-surfs's posts

Josh Beckett was always stellar for the Sox...even during the supposed Chicken gate year, Josh was close to a Cy...yeah he could have been better at times, and so could have I...you ALL are clowns...

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

"Well darling, we'll always have 2007."

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

Let me tell you where you can take your use of the word "hate" and put it.....

Someplace sunbeams dare not go?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to elvis-surfs' comment:

Josh Beckett was always stellar for the Sox...even during the supposed Chicken gate year, Josh was close to a Cy...yeah he could have been better at times, and so could have I...you ALL are clowns...

Well said...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Beckett was a useless underachieving slug who could barely bother to get in shape and was content with being a decent pitcher every other year. A world class grifter with no sense of team loyalty or personal responsibility, karma finally caught up with him. The fact that I was 1000% correct about this imbecile and his corrosive effect on the team should be lauded everyday. BTW Space, how did you enjoy yesterday's Red Sox victory? Maybe you should listen the first time when I post things. It will save you time..Wink

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

In response to Hammah29r2's comment:

+100

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

Beckett was a useless underachieving slug who could barely bother to get in shape and was content with being a decent pitcher every other year. A world class grifter with no sense of team loyalty or personal responsibility, karma finally caught up with him. The fact that I was 1000% correct about this imbecile and his corrosive effect on the team should be lauded everyday. BTW Space, how did you enjoy yesterday's Red Sox victory? Maybe you should listen the first time when I post things. It will save you time..Wink

ANOTHER    B I N G O   !!!!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

As the famous SEC. of STATE would say ......... "WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE" !!!!   The "fat-cat-barrrrrstad"  !!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

I've been a fan of Beckett's since 2003, when he mowed the Yankees down on short rest.  For that, and for 2007, I will always be grateful.

I remember after Beckett's first extension with the Sox, he was highly touted by the FO for his work ethic.  The FO cited that as one of the reasons for the extension, and they wanted the younger pitchers to emulate Beckett. 

I'm not saying that Beckett didn't lose some of that edge and competitive desire along the way, which is a shame, but I still think that opinions of his laziness and his not caring are blown out of proportion.

I wish him the best.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:

I've been a fan of Beckett's since 2003, when he mowed the Yankees down on short rest.  For that, and for 2007, I will always be grateful.

I remember after Beckett's first extension with the Sox, he was highly touted by the FO for his work ethic.  The FO cited that as one of the reasons for the extension, and they wanted the younger pitchers to emulate Beckett. 

I'm not saying that Beckett didn't lose some of that edge and competitive desire along the way, which is a shame, but I still think that opinions of his laziness and his not caring are blown out of proportion.

I wish him the best.

I will never forget that picture I saw of him when he showed up for ST a few years ago. It showed him right after delivering a pitch, his fat belly hanging over his belt. Maybe you don't remember that picture; I do. Guys like Beckett and Doubront who show up in ST that out of shape get no respect from me. Why should I respect them? They don't show any semblance of professionalism when they do that. It would be like a doctor showing up at work in blue jean cutoffs. I don't wish that his injury ends his career, but I cannot honestly say beyond that that I wish him the best.