Josh Hamilton Messed Up and Now a Man is Dead

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

Josh Hamilton Messed Up and Now a Man is Dead

If this thread is in the wrong section, I don't mind if the mods move it.

Baseball Tragedy (EDIT UPDATE: The first sentence below was rewritten. I truly believe what Hamilton did by underthrowing was akin to manslaughter.  I do not believe he was criminally negligent. I'm sorry that opinion is taken as offensive. That still doesn't justify many of the responses towards myself motivated by crude, authoritarian personality leanings.)

This may sound cold, but Josh Hamilton's inadequate toss into the stands led to a man's death. He didn't do it on purpose, but a person died because of his action. Later on, he came up with some of the most self-serving comments ever.

Josh Hamilton talks about Shannon Stone’s death

"If the same situation came up and this hadn't happened, I'd do it again."

His spin is he did nothing wrong, and it was the father's fault.

"You do it so many times you just don't think about it. At the same time, as a player throwing the ball, you don't know what's going through that person's mind who's going to try and catch the ball. It's something to take a look at."

Duh, you think so?

One can view the incident at youtube.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aesp8ViZbroImage
    Josh Hamilton 'Distraught'; Texas Rangers Baseball Fan Dies, 2011

A fan had tumbled in a similar way a year ago in the same stadium. The throw by Hamilton was underthrown. I realize he didn't do it on purpose, but it was ultimately his negligence that should shoulder a percentage of.culpability. If he had simply thrown it higher, the man would not have tumbled to his ultimate demise.

It is my opinion that the Texas Rangers should be sued for damages.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: Josh Hamilton Messed Up and Now a Man is Dead

Do you really believe this, or are you just trying to stir the pot?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

The dude died because he valued catching a baseball more than his life.  The throw had nothing to do with it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpikeCunn5. Show SpikeCunn5's posts

I am sorry, I have to disagree. I have been to a couple games and when I see a rail I will hold onto it when I go for a foul ball. The problem I see is that some fans just can't see that a ball is a ball. Fanatics (Fans) just need to realize that it is just an millioneers game, They still have to go to work the next day even if thier team wins a WS

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Josh Hamilton Messed Up and Now a Man is Dead:
    [QUOTE]If this thread is in the wrong section, I don't mind if the mods move it. Baseball Tragedy This may sound cold, but Josh Hamilton killed a man. He didn't do it on purpose, but a person died because of his action. Later on, he came up with some of the most self-serving comments ever. Josh Hamilton talks about Shannon Stone’s death "If the same situation came up and this hadn't happened, I'd do it again." His spin is he did nothing wrong, and it was the father's fault. "You do it so many times you just don't think about it. At the same time, as a player throwing the ball, you don't know what's going through that person's mind who's going to try and catch the ball. It's something to take a look at." Duh, you think so? One can view the incident at youtube. www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aesp8ViZbro Josh Hamilton 'Distraught'; Texas Rangers Baseball Fan Dies, 2011 A fan had tumbled in a similar way a year ago in the same stadium. The throw by Hamilton was underthrown. I realize he didn't do it on purpose, but it was ultimately his negligence that should shoulder a percentage of.culpability. If he had simply thrown it higher, the man would not have tumbled to his ultimate demise. It is my opinion that the Texas Rangers should be sued for damages.
    Posted by NickFaldo[/QUOTE]

I don't care if I get banned, but YOU ARE AN A S S!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from therimrattler. Show therimrattler's posts

Unfortunate situation, but not hamilton's fault at all.

I bet that MLB will make a ruling telling all players not to toss balls into the crowd very soon.  Possibly hand a ball to someone in the front row, but no more tossing balls into the crowd.

Tough for ball seekers, but safer for them and for ML teams.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In 2004, the Boston Red Sox killed the Yankees' dream and hope. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

There's a bit of stirring the pot to this, but I sincerely believe some percentage of fault lies with Hamilton. That's how it works in traffic accidents. Now if the man had fallen trying to catch a ball hit, then the disclaimer would completely clear the team. In this case, a player threw the ball to the fireman. I think it was underthrown. Sure, the fireman messed up too, and I'm not sure what the percentages are on blame. I do think blame is shared.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from djbosox2004. Show djbosox2004's posts

Idiot.Stick with golf.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

In Response to Re: Josh Hamilton Messed Up and Now a Man is Dead:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Josh Hamilton Messed Up and Now a Man is Dead : I don't care if I get banned, but YOU ARE AN A S S!
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

I reported your post as a personal attack. Maybe it will be deleted. If you're banned, I bet this isn't the first time you've made a trollish post. Maybe they'll do nothing. I don't care about your negative opinion of my post. The ball was underthrown.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WE5NUTS. Show WE5NUTS's posts

Don't criticize Hammy for the incident- and don't criticize the father either.
     Hamilton has had a truly tough last ten years. He tried to fight off drug addiction and didn't suceed until 2007. Then he deals with a ton of injuries on his way to becoming one of the AL's best outfielders. Finally, Hammy tosses a ball into the crowd and a fan grabs it, only to lose his balance and fall onto the field.
     The father didn't do anything wrong, but criticizing Hammy is just unfair, considering what he's been through. It was a tragic accident, and no one deserves to be blamed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Josh Hamilton Messed Up and Now a Man is Dead : I reported your post as a personal attack. Maybe it will be deleted. If you're banned, I bet this isn't the first time you've made a trollish post. Maybe they'll do nothing. I don't care about your negative opinion of my post. The ball was underthrown.

Underthrowing a ball does not mean a man has to risk his life to try and catch it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Josh Hamilton Messed Up and Now a Man is Dead : Hang it up, Richard Cranium. You and Barney Frank just split up, or what ? Find something constructive to do with your new found free time, please.
    Posted by Hog73[/QUOTE]

How's the weather in Arizona? Massachusetts and The Boston Globe will always be progressive, and nothing Limbaugh fans like yourself spew on message boards will change that.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]There's a bit of stirring the pot to this, but I sincerely believe some percentage of fault lies with Hamilton. That's how it works in traffic accidents. Now if the man had fallen trying to catch a ball hit, then the disclaimer would completely clear the team. In this case, a player threw the ball to the fireman. I think it was underthrown. Sure, the fireman messed up to, and I'm not sure what the percentages are on blame. I do think blame is shared.

I'm going to blame you for the nausea I'm experiencing reading your stupid posts. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

I see this forum is full of anti-social banter. There's a reason why many think of us as Ugly Americans. Maybe a lot of you aren't from Massachusetts, one of the most progressive states in the country.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]I see this forum is full of anti-social banter. There's a reason why many think of us as Ugly Americans . Maybe a lot of you aren't from Massachusetts, one of the most progressive states in the country.

Yes there is.

YOU!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Josh Hamilton Messed Up and Now a Man is Dead : How's the weather in Arizona? Massachusetts and The Boston Globe will always be progressive, and nothing Limbaugh fans like yourself spew on message boards will change that.
    Is that what your thoughtless, inexcusable drivel is, Nick(?), progressive thought ? Arizona? Limbaugh fan ? Grow up, Kiddo.(And get-a-grip.) Good grief..........

Faldo is a supporter of the Conservative Party, btw, DB.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Josh Hamilton Messed Up and Now a Man is Dead : I don't care if I get banned, but YOU ARE AN A S S!
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

SY, you fell into his trap. Like Lloyd, said, he's a pot stirrer; sort of like a Smiley for tragic incidents.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Faldo, your statement is inappropriate, egregious, inane, ludicrous, ridiculous, and just plain stupid! Hamilton killed no one. It was an unfortunate accident.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MuellerTime19. Show MuellerTime19's posts

Were you a juror on the Casey Anthony trial too? Man you have issues. Please stop turning on a computer and kindly fade away in life.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Progressive?  Why not use the actual term of Ultra Liberal.

When I lived in Taxachusetts in 1976, taxes on my house were $1400.00/yr.  When I moved from Arizona in 1986, my house taxes were $350.00/yr.

If this is your idea of idealistic utopia, along with 9% unemployment, I'm not interested in the 'progressive(ultra liberal)' movement.  The only movement your 'progressivness' reminds me of involves the bowel.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

SMH

Ever been to a game? players throw balls into the stands almost every inning.  Was the ball a little short? maybe, looks like he could have caught it without going over the railing.....but that is besides the point.  Hamilton did NOTHING wrong.

stating that Hamilton's actions directly led to this guys death is just ludicrous.  This was a freak accident, and a very very very sad tragedy.  If anyone thinks that Hamilton bares some responsibility for the death of this man then their thinking is seriously warped......IMO. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]There's a bit of stirring the pot to this, but I sincerely believe some percentage of fault lies with Hamilton. That's how it works in traffic accidents. Now if the man had fallen trying to catch a ball hit, then the disclaimer would completely clear the team. In this case, a player threw the ball to the fireman. I think it was underthrown. Sure, the fireman messed up too, and I'm not sure what the percentages are on blame. I do think blame is shared.

Stupid comment. In no way is Hamilton at fault in this. If anything blame the stadium builders and owners for putting a low railing up that doesn't keep an accident like this from happening.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Faldo,

I'll talk very direct to you about your comment. Basically your an idiot for making such a baseless comment. In no way did Hamilton cause this accident, should not take any blame but unfortunately he may feel guilt even though it was not his fault because he is human and has a conscience.

By stating that if this hadn't happened he would do it again in no way is he laying blame on the father. This was a very unfortunate accident in which a man lost his life and a young son lost his father. 

Your statements show you are cold and heartless. 

Hetchinspete.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Josh Hamilton Messed Up and Now a Man is Dead : Stupid comment. In no way is Hamilton at fault in this. If anything blame the stadium builders and owners for putting a low railing up that doesn't keep an accident like this from happening.  
    Posted by Hetchinspete[/QUOTE]

At least you're attacking my post and not me unlike conformist hypocrites. I didn't say he did it on purpose. Someone driving might cause a deadly accident by changing the radio. Hamilton didn't know there was a steep fall? He deserves some of the blame. If the throw had been higher, the man wouldn't have fallen. This wasn't a complete accident.

I was reading some of the comments on yahoo. Some deserved to be attacked for their heavy handed judgment of the player. But there were a few who were saying what I am, that the throw wasn't good, and they too were unmercifully attacked. Some comments were similar to ones here, even worse.

Someone above is saying I am in the Conservative Party. He had a post deleted talking up Barney Frank being my lover. But except for one post, I don't see much of you self-moderating right wing thugs like him. That's hypocrisy. That's Ugly America.