just a small snapshot

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

just a small snapshot

Afternoon all...just a little different take on Frankie boy's assessment of the two teams...given  all that was said and written about both teams..the Sox looking to turn the page on an admittedly horrid 2012 and the Yanks constantly battled questions about age, lack of lineup power and pitching, actually both teams pitching was called into question  at some points during the offseason..entering the month of May finds the Sox and Yanks occupying the top 2 spots in the ALE, the Sox getting strong pitching and hitting, great starts from Lester and Buchholz, strong offense from Napoli, Nava, Pedroia and the returning Ortiz, Yanks battling in the face of injuries to 5 of their starting postions are getting power from a few of the signings that Cashman was roundly criticized for, along with solid pitching and strong BP work...all in all though things could swing in the other direction, i think it's safe to say, we can agree both teams are beating the early expectations of what was said and written...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Re: just a small snapshot

Totally agreed.  And people were so high on Toronto and Rays that they will finish 1st and 2nd in the division and Toronto will even win it all.  I know we only saw 1 month of baseball but the Jays and Rays don't certainly look like winning teams.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Indeed Jete.  Much baseball to be played of course.  But, it was and always will be foolish to think either of these clubs would just going fade into irrelevance.  The Yankees have put out a good product, even in down years for a couple decades now.  The Sox hit the perfect storm of misery last year, but you had to know a bounce back was coming.  Its gonna be a dog fight.  I have no doubt Toronto is going to get it together and Maddon will find a way to get the most out of that think Rays roster.  Good early returns for Yanks and Sox were merely opening statements and some nice early positioning for the dog days.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:

Totally agreed.  And people were so high on Toronto and Rays that they will finish 1st and 2nd in the division and Toronto will even win it all.  I know we only saw 1 month of baseball but the Jays and Rays don't certainly look like winning teams.  

i gotta admit Sean, i was a bit surprised about the Rays', not just because of how good their pitching pipeline is, but due to the fact i went in with the thought that subtracting Upton would change their dymanic for the better... 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I was one of the few who predicted Toronto to be the 2007 version of the Boston Red Sox.   LOL

I also predicted Vernon Wells, Overbay and Hafner to be as bad as Bobby Valentine.   LOL

This year, I hope the Red Sox and Yankees meet in the playoffs.   Cool

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

well now, great to see my best two buds posting on the same thread so I can chime in. space on the left and my buddy Jetes on the right. believe me guys, I am just as pleasently surprised as you guys as to where are clubs are right now. who'd a thought eh? I know, it's early May but still, from boston to LA the odds makers were throwing both our teams under the bus. How's your boss "B"??? she had to be taken aback by the out pouring of support from the yanks with what happened on patriots day. Imagine, the new york yankee fans singing sweet caroline in the 3rd inning. honest to pete Jetes, I teared up when I saw that. baseballs a great game. but life is real. know what I'm sayin.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

The Sox to date have played well but expectations of them reaching the postseason may be a push. There headed in that direction.

NY won't be as good this year as in the past. They need to start what the Sox have started and that's get younger. To do that they need to shed some contract's and build their farm.

Ray's are still the team with the best make up of players.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

In response to Hingham Hammer's comment:

The Sox to date have played well but expectations of them reaching the postseason may be a push. There headed in that direction.

NY won't be as good this year as in the past. They need to start what the Sox have started and that's get younger. To do that they need to shed some contract's and build their farm.

Ray's are still the team with the best make up of players.

Teams stats doesn't agree with you about the Rays.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to Hammah29r2's comment:

well now, great to see my best two buds posting on the same thread so I can chime in. space on the left and my buddy Jetes on the right. believe me guys, I am just as pleasently surprised as you guys as to where are clubs are right now. who'd a thought eh? I know, it's early May but still, from boston to LA the odds makers were throwing both our teams under the bus. How's your boss "B"??? she had to be taken aback by the out pouring of support from the yanks with what happened on patriots day. Imagine, the new york yankee fans singing sweet caroline in the 3rd inning. honest to pete Jetes, I teared up when I saw that. baseballs a great game. but life is real. know what I'm sayin.

hey Big D, she was pretty upset, her daughter lives in Beantown, she was safe, but you know parents worry..we have a branch in Boston, the day after the bombs, we spent a good part of the morning talking to them, trying to get a sense of what the city was like...some great people there....man, they gave me the business in 07'...LOL..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

In response to Hammah29r2's comment:

hey Big D, she was pretty upset, her daughter lives in Beantown, she was safe, but you know parents worry..we have a branch in Boston, the day after the bombs, we spent a good part of the morning talking to them, trying to get a sense of what the city was like...some great people there....man, they gave me the business in 07'...LOL..

yup. I hear you man. speaking for myself as a red sox fan, I will always love the rivalry between our clubs. that said, Jetes after what just occured I honestly don't know that both our faithful fans can say that they "hate" each others teams or cities. You guys had our backs and I for one will never forget it. maybe this summer can finally be the right time for a train ride down to penn station and we can go to a game. gotta check the schedule and see. we can chatt off line thru e-mail.

later bro!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Right now both GM's are looking pretty good. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

I was one of the few who predicted Toronto to be the 2007 version of the Boston Red Sox.   LOL

I also predicted Vernon Wells, Overbay and Hafner to be as bad as Bobby Valentine.   LOL

No offense to Jete, but I hope the Yankees finish in last place, do not make the playoffs, and lose every game remaining on their schedule. Sealed

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

No offense to Jete, but I hope the Yankees finish in last place, do not make the playoffs, and lose every game remaining on their schedule. Sealed

LOL...sorry Pumps, i don't think you'll get all 3 :-)