Just so you all know, DAD & BILL-806 will not run & hide................

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Just so you all know, DAD & BILL-806 will not run & hide................

We are so pleased with PAPI's comeback this year and how Papi & the team are playing now......   "BIG PAPI" has overcome some BIG ODDS to have put in the year that he has.  "LET ME BE CLEAR", as a true RED SOX FAN, DAD & B-806 are just thrilled with where PAPI & the RED SOX are at today !!!!!!   keep up the good work boys, make us PROUD !!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Just so you all know, DAD & BILL-806 will not run & hide................

We get it Bill - you're a real fairweather fan.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

There are two parts to addressing mistakes.  One is owning up to them.

The second is learning from them.  As often as posters have told you that you are wrong, I don't see that you ever engage in self-correcting introspection.  One of the best parts about our brains is that it allows us to question ourselves.  Why does the grass look like cr ap?  What am I doing wrong that my should hurts?  Why did I feel the need to start 20 negative threads about a RS legend that is having a really good year?

Learn, Bill, learn.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Yes, Bill loves him some Papi today.  But the next time David goes 0 for 4 Bill will start a thread about it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Agree with the criticisms.  When Ortiz came back in April hitting up a storm, bill-806 began an incessant clamor for dumping him--to the amazement over everyone else on this board except softy, who also wanted Ortiz to fail.  A blind man could see Ortiz was hitting to all fields and still hitting dingers with far and away the higest OPS on the team.  Opposing pitchers and managers walked him so much it was a wonder he got to 100 rbi's.  All to no avail.  bill-806 kept hammering away. 

The only sad part about the OP is the title.  I wish bill-806 would run and hide. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

That second shot by Ortiz was a rocket. In my house we were holding our breath to see whether it was fair or foul.

Two home runs in a playoff game against tough pitching is nothing to sneeze at but as "sexy" as those home runs were for hyping up the crowd and the media..I thought the story of the game was Pedroia...holy smokes! Ellsbury gets on base three times and Pedroia gets him home all three times. I love that from a baseball perspective because the top of your lineup is doing what they are designed to do.

It was nice to see Lackey get some run support..and to pitch through his struggles. The Rays pitchers have struggled thus far and the Sox have done a great job capitalizing.

Really..this team is a pleasure to watch this post season..  They have already exceeded my expectations this season..so all the rest is just gravy.

"It is not down in any map...trueplaces never are...." ( Melville)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

The second is learning from them.  As often as posters have told you that you are wrong, I don't see that you ever engage in self-correcting introspection.  One of the best parts about our brains is that it allows us to question ourselves.  Why does the grass look like cr ap?  What am I doing wrong that my should hurts?  Why did I feel the need to start 20 negative threads about a RS legend that is having a really good year?

Learn, Bill, learn.

Yikes...guys..lighten up a little..geesh. This is just a sports discussion forum.  I thought I was a pessimist..but I guess I must be more optimistic than some here. I prefer to give Bill credit for eating crow when it's time to eat crow. I have more respect for people who admit when they've made a mistake, than for people who continue on the attack.

I guess I still don't get the hate for Bill. I mean..we pick apart pitchers and hitters on this board all the time based on small or one game sample sizes.  I know we all have our favorites...but good grief. I absolutely adore Salty  and Lester. They are, but far, my two favorite current Sox Players. Tim Wakefield is one of my all time faves..but I never feel the need to personally attack posters who put up negative comments about any of them..I don't get why anyone else feels the need. I doubt Ortiz cares one lick about what Bill writes..or anyone else on a anoynymous discussion forum.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

That second shot by Ortiz was a rocket. In my house we were holding our breath to see whether it was fair or foul.

Two home runs in a playoff game against tough pitching is nothing to sneeze at but as "sexy" as those home runs were for hyping up the crowd and the media..I thought the story of the game was Pedroia...holy smokes! Ellsbury gets on base three times and Pedroia gets him home all three times. I love that from a baseball perspective because the top of your lineup is doing what they are designed to do.

It was nice to see Lackey get some run support..and to pitch through his struggles. The Rays pitchers have struggled thus far and the Sox have done a great job capitalizing.

Really..this team is a pleasure to watch this post season..  They have already exceeded my expectations this season..so all the rest is just gravy.

"It is not down in any map...trueplaces never are...." ( Melville)

B I N G O that Miscricket !!!!    Thrilled that we are 2-0 against a tough Tampa Bay !!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

Two home runs in a playoff game against tough pitching is nothing to sneeze at but as "sexy" as those home runs were for hyping up the crowd and the media..I thought the story of the game was Pedroia...holy smokes! Ellsbury gets on base three times and Pedroia gets him home all three times. 

Not only Pedroia's offense that game, but also his defense.  That double play he and Drew turned on Zobrist was huge.  I love the HRs as much as anybody, but the true appreciation comes from the less "sexy" things.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Time to give credit where credit is due HFX. Bill has atoned for his evil ways and now understands how productive Ortiz has been this year. He had some concerns about his ability to stay on the field in a productive way, and now realizes that his concerns were unfounded. If we get more threads about Ortiz not contributing this year from Bill I will be on his case too because no matter what Papi does for the rest of the year, he has had a tremendous season. Now if conditions change over a long period of time next year with regard to David Ortiz, opinions must change as well to accomodate the changing conditions.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:

[QUOTE]

Two home runs in a playoff game against tough pitching is nothing to sneeze at but as "sexy" as those home runs were for hyping up the crowd and the media..I thought the story of the game was Pedroia...holy smokes! Ellsbury gets on base three times and Pedroia gets him home all three times. 

Not only Pedroia's offense that game, but also his defense.  That double play he and Drew turned on Zobrist was huge.  I love the HRs as much as anybody, but the true appreciation comes from the less "sexy" things.

[/QUOTE]

Kim..I am with you on that one. I can't believe I left out Pedroia's defense. That double play was a beautiful thing. I love that this team plays so well as a team.  We are all big baseball fans in my house and you hit the nail on the head when you say that the real appreciation for the game comes from the less "sexy" things.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leftfielder61. Show Leftfielder61's posts

Bill - how about in the spirit of being a "true RedSox fan" don't start or contribute to any negative or back handed praise treads about Big Papi.

I know it will be hard if he goes 0 for 4 , but you and Dad can do it. Fight the instinct and lets all enjoy what is going to be a great post season run.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

[QUOTE]

Learn, Bill, learn.

Yikes...guys..lighten up a little..geesh. This is just a sports discussion forum.  I thought I was a pessimist..but I guess I must be more optimistic than some here. I prefer to give Bill credit for eating crow when it's time to eat crow. I have more respect for people who admit when they've made a mistake, than for people who continue on the attack.

I guess I still don't get the hate for Bill. I mean..we pick apart pitchers and hitters on this board all the time based on small or one game sample sizes.  I know we all have our favorites...but good grief. I absolutely adore Salty  and Lester. They are, but far, my two favorite current Sox Players. Tim Wakefield is one of my all time faves..but I never feel the need to personally attack posters who put up negative comments about any of them..I don't get why anyone else feels the need. I doubt Ortiz cares one lick about what Bill writes..or anyone else on a anoynymous discussion forum.

[/QUOTE]

+1000

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

[QUOTE]

Time to give credit where credit is due HFX. Bill has atoned for his evil ways and now understands how productive Ortiz has been this year. He had some concerns about his ability to stay on the field in a productive way, and now realizes that his concerns were unfounded. If we get more threads about Ortiz not contributing this year from Bill I will be on his case too because no matter what Papi does for the rest of the year, he has had a tremendous season. Now if conditions change over a long period of time next year with regard to David Ortiz, opinions must change as well to accomodate the changing conditions.

[/QUOTE]

+1000

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to The4040club's comment:

[QUOTE]

Yes, Bill loves him some Papi today.  But the next time David goes 0 for 4 Bill will start a thread about it.

And the globe, espn and others will report the stats as well.  Is it just Bill you have an issue with when he reports stats or everyone?

[/QUOTE]

Bill is a good guy.  Some here like to bash him, I think they have some sort of problem!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Kim..I am with you on that one. I can't believe I left out Pedroia's defense. That double play was a beautiful thing. I love that this team plays so well as a team.  We are all big baseball fans in my house and you hit the nail on the head when you say that the real appreciation for the game comes from the less "sexy" things.

[/QUOTE]

I love the energy and enthusiasm the sox are showing.  Pedy's double play was amazing! .

They expect to win and that enthusiasm is felt, even through the tv!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

And the globe, espn and others will report the stats as well.  Is it just Bill you have an issue with when he reports stats or everyone?

[/QUOTE]

Bill is a good guy.  Some here like to bash him, I think they have some sort of problem!

[/QUOTE]

You know this how?  Because of what you read on an on-line forum???

AWKWARRRRRRD....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

AWKWARRRRRRD....

Yes, DAD & B-806 knew that eventually we would here from KINGFISH, AND YET IT IS STILL PAINFUL TO ADMIT THAT WE WERE WRONG and that PAPI has had avery good year.....  That being said, KINGFISH  will not let up and continue to attack just has his idol the "big o" attacks America !!!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

[QUOTE]

AWKWARRRRRRD....

Yes, DAD & B-806 knew that eventually we would here from KINGFISH, AND YET IT IS STILL PAINFUL TO ADMIT THAT WE WERE WRONG and that PAPI has had avery good year.....  That being said, KINGFISH  will not let up and continue to attack just has his idol the "big o" attacks America !!!

[/QUOTE]

I think your girlfriend 67' is waiting for the 'Big O'......go Bill!!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

That's ok Bill, you called them like you saw them.  What would life be like if everyone said the same thing?

That's ok Mr. 806, you called them like you saw them.  What would life be like if everyone said the same thing?

Wow.....you're right....that is boring.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Will you run and hide if we beg?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

[QUOTE]

AWKWARRRRRRD....

[/QUOTE]

I have kingfish on ignore bill so no worries.  He isn't worth my time.