Justin Upton on the block, expected to be moved, should the sox trigger a deal for him?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

Justin Upton on the block, expected to be moved, should the sox trigger a deal for him?

its being reported that justin upton is likely to be moved this often and could be moved soon. Rangers are in the mix but have refused to give up profar or andrus for upton. It is said that the dbacks want a 3rd basemen and/or a ss for upton. I doubt the sox move middlebrooks, and its likely towers doesnt want iglesias, but how bout checcini and marrero for upton? dbacks gets the 2 positions they need and sox get the outfielder/big bat they need. Upton makes too much sense for the sox not to really try and get him. The sox need a middle of the order bat to replace gonzo and upton is 25 yrs old and is that guy. just 2 years ago he hit 33 homers. We have the pieces to get him. He has the potential to put up miguel cabrera type numbers. And he is young, plays a position we need and hits right handed. What do you guys think? On a side note, the dbacks are open to moving trevor bauer, shoud the sox try to land both in blockbuster deal? I would give up barnes/webster, checcini, marrero and perhaps an outfield prospect for bauer and upton. Make it happen ben. This is your chance to land your centerpiece. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Re: Justin Upton on the block, expected to be moved, should the sox trigger a deal for him?

How many Justin Upton threads are we going to have?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Re: Justin Upton on the block, expected to be moved, should the sox trigger a deal for him?

The Diamondbacks would want a significant return for two-time All Star outfielder Justin Upton, a 25-year-old who remains under contract for three more seasons.

Seattle has been rumored to be showcasing 21-year-old shortstop Nick Franklin and just-turned 24-year-old lefthander James Paxton in the Arizona Fall League in preparation of a package trade offer for Upton.

In his recent preliminary prospect rankings, John Sickels of Minor League Ball ranked Franklin the 16th-best hitter and Paxton the 25th-best pitcher. Boston's rough equivalent would be 22-year-old righthander Matt Barnes, the 18th-ranked pitcher, and 22-year-old outfielder Jackie Bradley Jr., the 24th-ranked hitter.

Would the Red Sox trade Barnes and Bradley in a package for Justin Upton? If not, the Sox offer might not be competitive.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

the price would be way to much...pass on upton..not worth it...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Not if we have to give up any pitchers, Bogaerts or Bradley. 3 years of inconsistent, but potentially great Upton is not worth that to me. You make trades like this for monster production, not potential.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

If I was ben c i would give up some good prospects to get upton. Hes 25, has already had some big seasons, and should only get better going forward. This is the guy you go all out for. If that means barnes and bradley, you do it. If thats what it comes down to, as in if kevin towers called and said barnes and bradley or im trading upton to another team, if I'm ben c, I trigger it. Upton is everything the sox need, hes young, plays a position of need, is right handed, has power, and is signed to a pretty good contract. He is a guy the sox could build around for the next 10 years. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

Justin Upton - OF - Diamondbacks

Bob Nightengale of USA Today reports that the Red Sox are no longer pursuing a trade for Justin Upton.

Well, that was fast. Michael Silverman of the Boston Herald reported Wednesday evening that the Red Sox were targeting the talented young outfielder, but evidently they don't like the Diamondbacks' asking price or don't have what Arizona is looking for in return. Nightengale says the D'Backs want a third baseman or shortstop.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to redsoxpride34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If I was ben c i would give up some good prospects to get upton. Hes 25, has already had some big seasons, and should only get better going forward. This is the guy you go all out for. If that means barnes and bradley, you do it. If thats what it comes down to, as in if kevin towers called and said barnes and bradley or im trading upton to another team, if I'm ben c, I trigger it. Upton is everything the sox need, hes young, plays a position of need, is right handed, has power, and is signed to a pretty good contract. He is a guy the sox could build around for the next 10 years. 

[/QUOTE]

You wont build around him for 10 years. he will hit FA in 3.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to raider3524's comment:
    [QUOTE]Justin Upton - OF - Diamondbacks

Bob Nightengale of USA Today reports that the Red Sox are no longer pursuing a trade for Justin Upton.

Well, that was fast. Michael Silverman of the Boston Herald reported Wednesday evening that the Red Sox were targeting the talented young outfielder, but evidently they don't like the Diamondbacks' asking price or don't have what Arizona is looking for in return. Nightengale says the D'Backs want a third baseman or shortstop.[/QUOTE]

I bet they asked for Bogaerts and Middlebrooks and BC hung up on Towers...Good call Ben!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well, that was fast. Michael Silverman of the Boston Herald reported Wednesday evening that the Red Sox were targeting the talented young outfielder, but evidently they don't like the Diamondbacks' asking price or don't have what Arizona is looking for in return. Nightengale says the D'Backs want a third baseman or shortstop.[/QUOTE]

I bet they asked for Bogaerts and Middlebrooks and BC hung up on Towers...Good call Ben!

[/QUOTE]

exactly...way to much...just sign 2 OF and 1B...may be trade for starter and sign 1 starter....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

exactly...way to much...just sign 2 OF and 1B...may be trade for starter and sign 1 starter....

[/QUOTE]

Look how well they did by spending 3M last year on Ross. Not sure why everyone is so enamored with Upton and are willing to give up almost anything to get him. 

I knew Towers would want Bogaerts...Sorry, no deal.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

bob nightengale is the only one to report that the sox are out, and if you read his latest update, he seems to be basing that on the fact that the sox are on uptons no trade list. (which other sites have refuted). 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Go after Choo.  He was a better player than Upton this season. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Two problems with this deal. First the D'backs are looking for a top flight shortstop so you could say buh bye to Bogaerts. Second the Sox are one of the teams on Upton's no trade list.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Go after the other Upton--the money is not astronomical--he's played in the East, knows Fenway, playc CF. Trade Ells. Then sign another FA--for two years--Hunter or Ichiro and you have your prospects in place and potentially better players than a mid 20's guy that might have some baggage  you're not familiar with.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Choo > Upton

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to carnie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Two problems with this deal. First the D'backs are looking for a top flight shortstop so you could say buh bye to Bogaerts. Second the Sox are one of the teams on Upton's no trade list.

[/QUOTE]

I just read that the Sox were taken off the no-trade list.

I'd give Bradley, Aceves, Pimental, and Vinicio/Lin (ss). I'd avoid giving up Bogaerts or Barnes.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

I would say that's not enough Moon--Marrero, Brentz, Miller  and Barnes or  Rubby or Webster.

He is not worth it when you can keep all the pieces and sign BJ who is a known commodity.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

If the Sox have to give up top prospects, I'd rather they give them up for pitching.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Second ....Upton waived his no trade to boston.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Most players who have limited no trade clauses always include the Yankees and Red Sox.  It has nothing to do wth a player not wanting to play there, it's all about leverage.  "If I waive my no trade, what do I get in return?"  The Sox won't include Boegarts for Upton.  He's pretty much considered untouchable right now.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

In response to redsoxpride34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

its being reported that justin upton is likely to be moved this often and could be moved soon. Rangers are in the mix but have refused to give up profar or andrus for upton. It is said that the dbacks want a 3rd basemen and/or a ss for upton. I doubt the sox move middlebrooks, and its likely towers doesnt want iglesias, but how bout checcini and marrero for upton? dbacks gets the 2 positions they need and sox get the outfielder/big bat they need. Upton makes too much sense for the sox not to really try and get him. The sox need a middle of the order bat to replace gonzo and upton is 25 yrs old and is that guy. just 2 years ago he hit 33 homers. We have the pieces to get him. He has the potential to put up miguel cabrera type numbers. And he is young, plays a position we need and hits right handed. What do you guys think? On a side note, the dbacks are open to moving trevor bauer, shoud the sox try to land both in blockbuster deal? I would give up barnes/webster, checcini, marrero and perhaps an outfield prospect for bauer and upton. Make it happen ben. This is your chance to land your centerpiece. 

[/QUOTE]

Why gamble on Upton? Beter off negoiating with KC about the possibility that Alex Gordon is on the trade block.

I rather see Cherington sign Ross better gamble.

Don't want to see annother Crawford repeat.

Cherington is better off asking if jason Bay is willing to go to a minor league deal.

Most important we have good prospects coming in the minors rather see progress with youth at the moment.

nava kalish sands sweeney bradley and brentz deserves a shot first before any big names, unless one these players are involve in a deal to get Gordon then I will like to see that instead of Upton. Alex Gordon LF Ellsbury CF and one the names mention above in bold in RF.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.