Kalish set to sign with another team

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

Kalish set to sign with another team

According to MLBTR... this is dissapointing since we stuck with this kid through many injuries.  I feel like this move could be like a Jed Lowrie type deal where the guy was injured on our watch and became a pretty darn good player in another uniform.  My guess is the A's as they always love snagging up our prospects. 

I was hoping that after they non-tendered him that we would be able to sign him back to a minor league deal as we don't have any depth for players who can play center.  I'm sure the Sox know his medicals better than us, but it is still dissapointing for us fans who wanted to see this kid for years.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/12/quick-hits-rays-young-weeks-kalish-madson.html

Ryan Kalish "is in the final stages" of signing with a new team, Peter Abraham of the Boston Globe reports.  Kalish was non-tendered by the Red Sox earlier this month.  The outfielder missed the entire 2013 season recovering from shoulder and neck surgeries.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Re: Kalish set to sign with another team

I'm wondering if the Cubs are the team.He's a buy low with huge upside type of player that Theo looks for.Plus Theo and Jed Hoyer know his potential from seeing him in the Sox farm system.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Well, good luck.  I am sure he ll struggle for a couple years cuz he havent play in a full season in a while.   Give him some time and who know by the time he turn 27 or 28, he'll become a full time MLB player.   For now to the next two years, I know he is going to spend an awful alot of time in AAA league and maybe he ll get call up occassionally to back someone up. 

With all the surgeries and injuries that he had, no way he ll suddenly become a health free for the next five years!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

I'm more surprised that we haven't heard more about our other non-tender Bailey.  When he was healthy his stuff was filthy... I wonder where he will end up?  There will be a team like the Dodgers who will take a chance on him like they did with Brian Wilson.  I was hoping that it would be the Sox, but I see that as an outside chance now. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm wondering if the Cubs are the team.He's a buy low with huge upside type of player that Theo looks for.Plus Theo and Jed Hoyer know his potential from seeing him in the Sox farm system.

[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a good bet.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

gOOD LUCK TO HIM AS HE CERTAINLY HAS HAD HIS SHARE OF BAD LUCK ........  The SOX were very, very good to him........... Good luck Ryan !!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

We have a winner!

Kalish has signed with the Cubs...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

I don't get the Jed Lowrie thing at all... so what if he is a decent player now... we cannot hold onto everyone.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

The useful 'shelf life' of Kalish will expire sooner rather than later.

Unfortunate for him because he gave it all when he played....just real bad luck.  But, the Sox supported him throughout his injuries and probably just felt he'd never reach his projected potential.

Baseball, which a lot of us forget, is a business.  To the Sox, this was purely a business decision.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The useful 'shelf life' of Kalish will expire sooner rather than later.

Unfortunate for him because he gave it all when he played....just real bad luck.  But, the Sox supported him throughout his injuries and probably just felt he'd never reach his projected potential.

Baseball, which a lot of us forget, is a business.  To the Sox, this was purely a business decision.

[/QUOTE]BINGO THAT !!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

I wish Kalish well with his new team.  He has had some bad luck for a few years, and probably deserves a break and another chance to become a major league player.

A new setting may help him as well.