KEEP YOUR EYE ON PEDROIA........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

THAT FOOT COULD TURN INTO OUR ACHILLES HEEL !!!  HE NEEDS SOME TIME OFF FOR SURE !!  WHAT SAY YOU ????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

Re: KEEP YOUR EYE ON PEDROIA........

In Response to KEEP YOUR EYE ON PEDROIA........:
    [QUOTE]   THAT FOOT COULD TURN INTO OUR ACHILLES HEEL !!!  HE NEEDS SOME TIME OFF FOR SURE !!  WHAT SAY YOU ????
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

I say if Sutton is the alternative, we are in serious trouble! Could argue he lost the game last night, on one play. Anyway, we need the Gritty Pedey, lame foot or not, hitting well or not. Too little grit on this team as it is, and without Pedey, well, that's a problem.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

he said it was just a "stinger" and should be ok for tomorrow's game.
    one things for sure Bill. the guy they put out at second (sutton) sure ain't no dustin pedroia...........pedy would have had that ground ball.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe--1. Show --The--Babe--1's posts

In Response to Re: KEEP YOUR EYE ON PEDROIA........:
    [QUOTE]he said it was just a "stinger" and should be ok for tomorrow's game. one things for sure Bill. the guy they put out at second (sutton) sure ain't no dustin pedroia...........pedy would have had that ground ball.

Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]

I also read that he said it was a nerve that he will try to play thru this season and have removed in the off season. He said the same thing happened last month. Except this time the whole leg went numb.

I'm no doctor but it sounds like it's something that needs watching.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

I did and this is what I came up with

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

[QUOTE]he said it was just a "stinger" and should be ok for tomorrow's game. one things for sure Bill. the guy they put out at second (sutton) sure ain't no dustin pedroia...........pedy would have had that ground ball.
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]
    Hard to say definitely that Pedey would have made the play. I don't know this for a fact, but the second baseman might have been shaded towards the bag because the Sox didn't expect Brantley to pull Bard.  On 1 and 2, Bard went low and outside but missed.  If that pitch had been on the corner, the batter either takes strike 3 or or hits it to the left side.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: KEEP YOUR EYE ON PEDROIA........ : Hard to say definitely that Pedey would have made the play. If that pitch had been on the corner, the batter either takes strike 3 or or hits it to the left side.  
    Posted by expitch[/QUOTE]

Yes, and if your aunt had had b***s she'd have been your uncle.

The game was lost when the ball clanked off/under Sutton's glove. It isn't hard for me to say that Pedey would have made that play.  In fact I said it when it happened. I also said that I hoped that didn't come back to haunt us.

What's that old saying, "If you've got a weak spot the ball will find it"?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

I love the way Pedey plays the game, I don't think I could withstand another Pedeyless season!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I'd say give him all the rest he needs at this point. Iglesias to SS, Lowrie/Scutaro at 2B. Don't let this linger for a month, get him healthy now.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe--1. Show --The--Babe--1's posts

[QUOTE]I'd say give him all the rest he needs at this point. Iglesias to SS, Lowrie/Scutaro at 2B. Don't let this linger for a month, get him healthy now.

Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

That only works if rest will help the situation. If it's something that can only be surgically corrected, all the rest in the world won't help.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Posada was 0-4 last night. When do they retire him?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

When did the injury occur - when he hit the bag with his left foot or when he kicked his left ankle with is right foot?

He was able to push off the left foot so it's not oo bad.  Had he torn something, his foot would have collapsed as he tried to get back to second.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

looking at Zac's pic, looks like he looked back for the ball while trying to also complete the bag turn, his back foot looks to have clipped the bag..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

PD kicked himslef in the left achilles tendon too (ouch) ... his foot was numb from the screw implant, which can't come out until after the season.  He definitely needs rest ... but the foot stopped hurting after 5 minutes.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roadrunner9234. Show Roadrunner9234's posts

[QUOTE]   THAT FOOT COULD TURN INTO OUR ACHILLES HEEL !!!  HE NEEDS SOME TIME OFF FOR SURE !!  WHAT SAY YOU ????

Drama queen.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

he's not having a nerve removed ... he's going to have the screw removed -- which is supposedly what hits the nerve when he gets these stingers.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Well, I have looked at the X-Rays and MRI and have examined his foot, it looks to me that ...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Pedey would have had that ball Sutton missed.  That and Crawford hitting into a double play cost them the game.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

Iggy wouldn't have mattered, because Lowrie would have moved to 2nd and butchered those plays as bad as Sutton. Sutton has no business being a UIF in the majors.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

Lowrie 2011 v. RHP 26 strikeouts 9 Walks BA .242 OBP .311

Most pitchers are RHP, so this makes Lowrie a certain career UIF'er with slow and spastic feet, a weak arm and weak bat against RHP. 

Some viewed Lowrie as an elite MLB SS. Of course, that's never going to happen. 

May 23, 2011  Bill Hall goes 4 for 4 against Dodgers

http://mlb.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=407849

Hall has hit well against LHP, struggled against RHP, but runs well and will not do a belly flop on a routine DP ball.

“When we got him, we said ‘this is your role here,” Francona said. “We’re going to work to find you at-bats.’ Because of the injuries, it really wasn’t that hard, and his versatility. We said ‘what would be great is for you to then get an everyday job.’ And that’s what happened.

“I’m thrilled with it (his signing for an everyday role with Houston). We loved him over here — he played center, he played right, he played left, he played third, he played short, he played second. He did it with a smile. His teammates loved him. I’m happy for him.”

What did you think of his defense at second?

“I thought it was underrated. He’s got a strong arm. He knows how to play the game. I called Millsie, and we were (let’s say chatting casually) because we always do, and we were talking about second base. I said ‘what about Billy Hall, that’s who you’re looking for.’ He said ‘we need somebody really athletic,’ and that’s Billy Hall. And I’m glad they signed him, because I know what he’ll do for some of those young guys over there with how he approaches the game and what kind of teammate he is.”

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

I'm quoting his managers, Tom, not you or me.

I doubt any poster said Patterson was ever going to start, but you did say that Lowrie is an elite MLB SS. Of course, his own manager is even making fun of his clumsy slow feet. Lowrie will never make it as career everday starting SS, Tom, much less an elite one.

Is Lowrie your partner?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

Not a big enough sample. How is Crawford doing on WAR?

Lowrie is an elite SS   -- Tom  "what harm is there"

Lowrie with the belly flop on the routine DP ball, priceless.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

"Jed is a vacuum at SS who hits like Babe Ruth, and he's so cute"  tom-UK

Lowrie is one of the pace setters for most errors by a UIF playing everyday SS, ouch!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Your-Echo  this quote is for you:

"You simply won't die will you?" Gladiator

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from skipper2115. Show skipper2115's posts

Pedey hurt himself by looking back over his shoulder instead of looking to get the sign from the Sox third base coach.

Yes, he plays the game with enthusiasm that we would like to see from all our guys but this was a base running mistake that ended up costing Pedey an injury and resulted in the Sox losing the game.

,,,,just plain dumb!