Keith Law ranks 7 Red Sox prospects in his top 100

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Re: Keith Law ranks 7 Red Sox prospects in his top 100

In response to JoseLaguna's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://www.overthemonster.com/2014/1/29/5357328/keith-law-ranks-7-red-sox-prospects-in-his-top-100

[/QUOTE]

He Also ranks us 5th overall.  Which might be one of the lowest rankings the Sox get.  Law has historically always been down on the Sox system.  He's a NY homer, last year he had the sox at #17th (he had NY ahead of us at #10, he was the only person to rank them ahead of us)

Even he can't sell the system out sho.r.t this year.

The Sox seem to have about 6-9 prospects in everyones top 100. Bogaerts is pretty much the consensus #3 prospect.  depending on whose list you go by everyone else is in the 20-100 range.  Bradley, Owens, Cecchini really seem to be up/down depending on who you talk to.

It will be interesting when BA's list come out.  I think there list tends to be more accurate than everyone elses...and they have recently seemed to be more high on some of our guys than the other people who rank prospects. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Really exiting about our future everytime I see these lists.  

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

http://www.overthemonster.com/2014/1/29/5357328/keith-law-ranks-7-red-sox-prospects-in-his-top-100

[/QUOTE]

6 in the top-61.  That's 10%.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I can't remember where I read it but someone had Bogaerts as the #2 prosppect in all of baseball. Evidently Houston has the most MLB reeady prospects while Boston has several more high end pitchers.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[QUOTE]

It will be great to have a homegrown team that excels again like the teams that we had in the 1970s.

[/QUOTE]

I'd rather have a team like the one from the 1910's.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

It will be great to have a homegrown team that excels again like the teams that we had in the 1970s.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So you mean home grown and underpaid? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And 3 championships that decade.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And 3 championships that decade.

[/QUOTE]

We just had 3 championships in a decade... now let's not trade Ruth and make it 3 more!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, so maybe a family of four could afford to see a ballgame a couple of times a year without going into debt because of rediculous salaries.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I can't remember where I read it but someone had Bogaerts as the #2 prosppect in all of baseball. Evidently Houston has the most MLB reeady prospects while Boston has several more high end pitchers.

[/QUOTE]

You could have read that almost anywhere.  Bogaerts is almost the consensus #2 in all of baseball.

To be honest with you I wish someone had the balls to rank him 1st.  Bogaerts has the same offensive ceiling that Buxton has with more power potential.  Buxton is more of an all around player with better speed and defense than Bogaerts.  But seeing how Bogaerts reached the majors and held his own in the playoffs at 20 years old and Buxton played in single A.....I would think the bust probability for Buxton would be higher. 

I admit I'm being biased...but people who throw together these lists weigh ceiling vs. proximity to the majors ALL the time. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, so maybe a family of four could afford to see a ballgame a couple of times a year without going into debt because of rediculous salaries.

[/QUOTE]

Right.

All the owners would roll back their ticket prices, out of the goodness of their hearts.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Houstons GM used to be Director of Scouting for the Cards. Rated one of the best.