Kill this thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

Kill this thread

This thread will self-destruct in _________ (?) seconds/minutes/hours/days (?).

http://youtu.be/MA2KmJMKFrQ

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Re: Wounded sheriff asks, "Where's Smiley?"

Smiley got banned for "trash talking". Slomag was stating on another thread that "trash talking" is normal here. Wonder why Smiley got banned for being normal?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to Wounded sheriff asks, "Where's Smiley?":
    [QUOTE]In spite of reports of a stricken sheriff reported first by Bob Marley, later Eric Clapton, and more recently, Smiley-Beni, I'm still here, which some may find unfortunate.  Now it may seem odd to some, especially to Smiley, but I miss my "favorite punching bag".  We may be on the cusp of a Red Sox sweep in Yankee Stadium with lots of controversy to stir up about Posada and the FO, and there's no Smiley to do the job as only he can in his patented, taunting style and verb agreement errors.  So, Smiley, if you're out there and can post, get into the bcd front burner lineup and do your thing!   And I don't want to hear Posada-like excuses of back problems.  In spite of what many think of you including myself, you'll still be elected into the bcd Posting Hall of Fame and Hall of Shame simultaneously, first ballot guaranteed. 
    Posted by losmediasrojas[/QUOTE] he got caught(undeservedly imo)in the sweep of that moron Pike and his clown brigade...but i said on the game thread yeaterday that should the Sox sweep he would return Yankee manifestos in tow...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

In Response to Re: Wounded sheriff asks, "Where's Smiley?":
    [QUOTE]In Response to Wounded sheriff asks, "Where's Smiley?" : he got caught(undeservedly imo)in the sweep of that moron Pike and his clown brigade...but i said on the game thread yeaterday that should the Sox sweep he would return Yankee manifestos in tow...
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

I can only hope so, Jete.  I'd gladly take a front burner full of Smiley threads as part of the package.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wounded sheriff asks, "Where's Smiley?" : I can only hope so, Jete.  I'd gladly take a front burner full of Smiley threads as part of the package.
    Posted by losmediasrojas[/QUOTE]so would i,but there needs to be some understanding going forward.. there was just too much overreaction to them(in some cases)...then Pike's ICP swooped in and made a mess of it all... 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from majorleague. Show majorleague's posts

It's too bad the author of this thread isn't missing from this board. Don't give your day job as a postal worker, you aren't a comedian.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

[QUOTE]It's too bad the author of this thread isn't missing from this board. Don't give your day job as a postal worker, you aren't a comedian.
    Posted by majorleague[/QUOTE]
    I agree ML. LMR is part of the board taliban that got smiley banished.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

I don't care where he is. I'm just glad he is gone.

Sox will complete the sweep tonite!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from playball01. Show playball01's posts

[QUOTE]It's too bad the author of this thread isn't missing from this board. Don't give your day job as a postal worker, you aren't a comedian.
    Posted by majorleague[/QUOTE]

Mess with the "Sheriff" and you must contend with the "Warden" and his posse. It's amazing that the circus monkey keeps escaping from his cage!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

[QUOTE]Mod, smiley-beni was banned from the forum. losmediasrojas is looking for trouble. los mediasrojas is messing the forum with this thread. losmediasrojas is acting like an insect right now. Please do your job. get rid of this insect.
    Posted by courier[/QUOTE]

Admittedly, there may be a little trouble involved, but mostly, I'm looking for Smiley.  What have you done with him? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babe-Ted. Show Babe-Ted's posts

Not a chance at that happening Courier. LMR has made friends with BDC Dottie, Nagy, jesseyeric, and playball. He is in the fraternity that is in control. Harness is also friends with Dottie. You can't beat City Hall. Give it up.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

If I were a Yankee fan, I would have found Smiley's threads very irritating. 

Yet, there never were any personal attacks, no name-calling, nothing obscene.  Perhaps I missed some of his posts if this occured, but what I've read, the posts were simply irritating to Yankee fans on a RED SOX Forum.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Actually the yankee fans loved his posts. It gave them something to respond to and have a little fun. It was mostly the holier than thou pretend sox fans that objected.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

If I were a Yankee fan, I would have found Smiley's threads very irritating.

Yet, there never were any personal attacks, no name-calling, nothing obscene. Perhaps I missed some of his posts if this occured, but what I've read, the posts were simply irritating to Yankee fans on a RED SOX Forum

Which threads do you find irritating, if any. It seems that some "fans" just come here for entertainment. Are you one of those?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

[QUOTE]Actually the yankee fans loved his posts. It gave them something to respond to and have a little fun. It was mostly the holier than thou pretend sox fans that objected.
    Posted by bald-predictions[/QUOTE]

Many of the true Sox fans did not appreciate his Yankee obsessive posts. He spent just a little too much time talking about the Yankees. Kind of like the "pretend sox fans" that you mention.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wounded sheriff asks, "Where's Smiley?" : Mess with the "Sheriff" and you must contend with the "Warden" and his posse. It's amazing that the circus monkey keeps escaping from his cage!!
    Posted by playball01[/QUOTE]

You mean this clown in the gorilla suit?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysKRS4aVY-8

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wounded sheriff asks, "Where's Smiley?" : You mean this clown in the gorilla suit? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysKRS4aVY-8
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

That was actually Willis O'Brien's stop motion photography. He taught Ray Harryhausen, who worked with him on this one.

No guy in a rubber suit here.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Oh, there's a guy in a rubber suit here alright.

As for the flic, I never knew Willis O'brien mentored H.Harryhaussen.
    I'm a huge fan of H.H.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

Re: Wounded sheriff asks,

Yeah I am too harness, that was back in the days before CGI.

I guess inspired would have been a better word than taught. Here are excerpts from Harryhausen's Wikipedia entry:

Professional history

[edit] 1930s and 1940s

After having seen King Kong for the first of many times in 1933, Harryhausen spent his early years experimenting in the production of animated shorts, inspired by the burgeoning science fiction literary genre of the period. A friend arranged a meeting with Harryhausen's idol, Willis O'Brien, animator of King Kong. O'Brien critiqued Harryhausen's early models and inspired him to take classes in graphic arts and sculpture to hone his skills.....

.....He put together a demo reel of his various projects and showed them to Willis O'Brien, who eventually hired him as an assistant animator on what turned out to be Harryhausen's first major film, Mighty Joe Young (1949). O'Brien ended up concentrating on solving the various technical problems of the film, leaving most of the animation up to Harryhausen. Their work won O'Brien the Academy Award for Best Special Effects that year.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Good stuff. HH's work on the Sinbad flics is legendary.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

The fight with the skeletons in Jason and the Argonauts is probably my favorite animation of his:

http://tomverenna.wordpress.com/2008/12/03/jason-and-the-argonauts-skeleton-fight/

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

What soulless creatures! Here's an homage:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61u3X8qR1M0

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

[QUOTE]If I were a Yankee fan, I would have found Smiley's threads very irritating. Yet, there never were any personal attacks, no name-calling, nothing obscene. Perhaps I missed some of his posts if this occured, but what I've read, the posts were simply irritating to Yankee fans on a RED SOX Forum Which threads do you find irritating, if any. It seems that some "fans" just come here for entertainment. Are you one of those?
    Posted by Your-Echo[/QUOTE]

Your response?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

This Smiley thread I'm getting a kick out of...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

[QUOTE]What soulless creatures! Here's an homage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61u3X8qR1M0
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

Nice harness,

Sox sweep, even nicer!