King Felix

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthomas43. Show mthomas43's posts

King Felix

Am I the only one who thinks this is the first guy the Sox should be trying to acquire this off season?  I see alot of ideas for cast offs and retreads.  Cast offs and retreads will only take you so far.  The Sox should be thinking big.  The reason the 04 Sox were so tough IMO was Pedro and Schilling were basically 1 and 1A starters and preventing any real tail spins and long losing streaks.  It is all about pitching folks.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

Re: King Felix

yeah we all would love for the sox to get king felix, without question. He is exactly what this team needs. but the reality is, the m's wont deal him. they have been pretty adimant about that and they seem to be holding firm on that stance. but let me ask you this, if the same package of prospect could net you josh johnson and billy butler or felix hernandez, who would you take? cuz king felix is going to cost a ton. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

In response to pinstripezac's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Dear Dottie

please set your automatic word censor

to ban the following words

King feliz

Felix Hernandez

[/QUOTE]

Haha! Nice try Zac. I agree King Felix should be a top priority for us. Whether a deal can be struck remains to be seen, but Seattle could well look to move him for the right package. Think Pedro in his prime.....

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgomez. Show bgomez's posts

Cherington: Hey Jack, will you listen to my offer for Feli -----

Zduriencik: *beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep*

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Where's hill55 when you need him?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

In response to Yonkersman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Another useless thread.

[/QUOTE]

It is a useless thread because unless the Mariners are fibbing through their teeth, they have said repeatedly that King Felix is not for sale.  You know, though,  they do have some young pitching prospects who rate high but their offense is strictly from hunger.  They need some good  young position players who have hitting potential so if would behoove them to listen to offers because Felix is leaving that team after 2014. If their GM thinks he's going to stay in Seattle he has a bad case of deng fever.  Besides, I'm sure Cherington has broached that subject before.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to seabeachfred's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Another useless thread.

[/QUOTE]

It is a useless thread because unless the Mariners are fibbing through their teeth, they have said repeatedly that King Felix is not for sale.  You know, though,  they do have some young pitching prospects who rate high but their offense is strictly from hunger.  They need some good  young position players who have hitting potential so if would behoove them to listen to offers because Felix is leaving that team after 2014. If their GM thinks he's going to stay in Seattle he has a bad case of deng fever.  Besides, I'm sure Cherington has broached that subject before.

[/QUOTE]

pike

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

Who am I to question Seabeachfred's loyalty to the Red Sox. He is 72 years and has his bedroom wall decorated with Sox pictures, and became a fan twelve years ago.  He is not a pink hat. He demands perfection since we won WS trophies in 2004 and 2007. He rightfully is entitled. tHe never paid his dues but yet he is entitled. Aa WS trophy every year. Let's all give a loud cheer to Seabeachfred.  He is the ideal RS fan.

[/QUOTE]

He's emotional about it, but there is no doubt about his loyalty.  You try to explain to him, and to a lot of others that, just because we won 2 WSC in 8 years with T&T, don't expect that to be the norm.  Even if you made the playoofs every singe year, the odds are you would still only win once every 8 years.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Another useless thread.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

pike

[/QUOTE]

Pike?  My God J-Bay, how any handles does this guy have?  Or did you say that useless was synonomous with Pike?  Gotta admit that I did get ticked off when he questioned by loyalty to the Sox.  Now you do have pink hats and johnny come latelies, but they usually slink away when things get rough.  You also have the Red Sox convert that becomes a true believer.  I can tell you I'm not the first type.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

There's usually one or two King Felix threads a week.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to mthomas43's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Am I the only one who thinks this is the first guy the Sox should be trying to acquire this off season?  I see alot of ideas for cast offs and retreads.  Cast offs and retreads will only take you so far.  The Sox should be thinking big.  The reason the 04 Sox were so tough IMO was Pedro and Schilling were basically 1 and 1A starters and preventing any real tail spins and long losing streaks.  It is all about pitching folks.

[/QUOTE]

No, just the fact that the subject has been beaten to death. IF, and thats a gigantic if, the Sox were to even attempt to pry Felix away from Seattle,(for only 2 years I might add), It would deplete their farm system to the point that they would need to win the WS in 2013 and 2014 before Felix leaves for FA to make it remotely close to worth it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response It is a useless thread because unless the Mariners are fibbing through their teeth, they have said repeatedly that King Felix is not for sale.  You know, though,  they do have some young pitching prospects who rate high but their offense is strictly from hunger.  They need some good  young position players who have hitting potential so if would behoove them to listen to offers because Felix is leaving that team after 2014. If their GM thinks he's going to stay in Seattle he has a bad case of deng fever.  Besides, I'm sure Cherington has broached that subject before.

The 2012 Seattle Mariners had three hitters under 26 years of age who were former Top 10* prospects, a fourth who was a Top 25 prospect and a 24-year-old thirdbaseman with a 3.6 WAR** despite never being a ranked prospect. John Sickels'  recently released preliminary list of top hitting prospects had three Seattle farmhands -- ages 21, 21 and barely 23 -- among the Top 25 (and three among the Top 25 pitching prospects plus a 17-year-old pitcher at No. 44).

Safeco Field would likely suppress the numbers of any young hitter acquired via trade just as the venue has suppressed the numbers of the young Mariner hitters. Remember that the Mariners dealt coveted pitchers Cliff Lee and Michael Pineda in trades for top hitting prospects Justin Smoak and Jesus Montero.

Seattle probably has at least as good a chance of extending Felix Hernandez now than the Mariners did in January 2010 when Hernandez signed a five-year extension two years shy of free agency.

* in Baseball America midseason rankings

** Wins Above Replacement as reported at FanGraphs

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Another useless thread.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

pike

[/QUOTE]

Pike?  My God J-Bay, how any handles does this guy have?  Or did you say that useless was synonomous with Pike?  Gotta admit that I did get ticked off when he questioned by loyalty to the Sox.  Now you do have pink hats and johnny come latelies, but they usually slink away when things get rough.  You also have the Red Sox convert that becomes a true believer.  I can tell you I'm not the first type.

[/QUOTE]

Pike's point is, you're not only a pink hat, but a pretender. The self appointed BDC troll police. Beware of 6k42lt913c, also. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I agree with most of you that King Felix won't be traded and if Seattle is finally willing to trade him many teams would be in the bidding for him.  Their is no guarantee that the Red Sox would be the team that would acquire him.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Everyone wants King Felix.  No one wants to trade Bogaerts, Bradley, Barnes and Webster to get him.

If that isn't the price tag, it's pretty close.  The Pimental/Kalish/Coyle/Rebaudo packages won't get it done...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

I propose a trade of Lackey, Ciriaco, and Salty to get Felix.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I propose a trade of Lackey, Ciriaco, and Salty to get Felix.

[/QUOTE]

I'd do that in a heartbeat. The Seattle GM (Can't spell his name) might want to have his plane ticket in hand before he pulls that trigger though.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

okay okay then I will make it an offer he cannot refuse by including Bailey

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Folks, 

This trade is never, you hear me never going to take place. We've seen numerous threads from Red Sox fans over time about this trade proposal and it's obvious the Sox would have to empty the farm to get Felix.

Hetch