Knee Jerk Reactionaries

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: Knee Jerk Reactionaries

In response to royf19's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to billge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'll show you knee jerk reaction.  My next door neighbor here in NC is from  Missouri: Cards win I'l have to move.

[/QUOTE]

If you like your neighborhood, don't move.

Just burn his house down.

Innocent

[/QUOTE] see there Roy, who says your not the voice of reason?? Tongue Out

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to RedBirds2013's comment:

[QUOTE]

WMB is in his first ever post season. You must be a Red Sox fan, as most of them know nothing about baseball. 

[/QUOTE]

LOL...HOW MANY POSTSEASONS WAS CRISP A PART OF PRIOR TO 2007?????

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

WHOOPS

[/QUOTE]

ha....so yeah,,,,i guess no reply softlaw?  well, since you seem to be stumped i will give you a hint...the number is less than 1 but more than -1....

hello hayseed

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to donrd4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mef429's comment:
    [QUOTE]

the only thing i would do is start Xander in every game going forward. Mostly at middlebrooks expense but i could see Drew getting a sit if the cards have a tough lefty starter (of which i am not sure)

[/QUOTE]BINGO  !!!!  As DAD would say ..........  "SON, let the Manager, manage" !!!!!

I'd sit Drew if it was T-Ball

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And maybe THAT is why you are not managing...

[/QUOTE]

Managing? Don't think i could ever manage. Would be terrible ,that for sure. But T-Ball i could handle that and Drew would still sit.....

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]

I think the Church League softball coach would make Drew the batboy.  But I"m glad he's in the lineup, with his .050 BA.

[/QUOTE]

Perfect example from the mayor of Knee Jerk Junction.

.050 in 20 ABs over 6 games. Forget all the rest. Convince yourself he can't field a lick. Bench a guy that was a top 10 offensive shortstop this year, and certainly an overall average or above average fielding SS.

Nobody is claiming Drew has looked good at the plate recently, in fact he has looked clueless. He's not the only decent hitter in the history of MLB that has gone through a 20-35 PA sample size slump. Most were not benched over such a short stretch. If a benching did occur, it was based on a longer trend, or a clearly better option becomming available to the team manager.

At this point, Bogey is not a better fielding SS than Drew. The same poster who has claimed for years that the SS position should be all about fielding, now wants a worse fielder taking over based solely on his immovable opinion on Drew.

If Drew goes on to hit poorly in the WS, we will see countless "I told you so" threads. If he hits well, it will be called luck. If he makes a great defensive play, it will be minimized. The clowns mind was made up the second Drew put the ink on the contract, and nothing can or will ever change that stance.

Drew will start, because he should start. He may sit one game at most. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

These are the best 2 baseball towns in MLB.  Both have legions of knowledgeable and true fans spread out all over the country.  Both have their share of "pink hat" as well.

Disagree. Boston and New England isn't a "great baseball town". Baseball is the American pasttime because of it's roots in rural America. Nothing reflects that more than the midwest and the southeast. Boston is an elitiest town with a lot of fans who bicker about players and know little about the game of baseball itself. A lot of transient bandwagon fans.

The Cardinals are a part of what the city of St. Louis is all about. There aren't "out of the closet for WS time" fans in St. Loius. It's a baseball team. Boston is not a baseball town. It's a political town that doesn't have an NFL team. The Patriots are called "New England" for a reason. Boston is about the Celtics and politics, with the Red Sox a pinkhat bandwagon passing fancy with a lot of bickering about the current and former players.

The Cardinals have 6 of the position players that are homegrown players, and 3 of the starting and the closer who are all homegrown.

The Red Sox are mostly made up of mercenary Free agents, which reflects Boston. Most of the postion players are veteran free agents, Victornio, Napoli, Drew, Salty, with Ortiz coming over from the Twins. The closer is a FA transplant, and Lackey and Peavy and Dempster are all big FA contract castoffs from other teams.

The Red Sox are starting to value the farm development more than in the past, though trading Iglesias for Peavy certainly is a return to the status quo.

The Cardinals are the superior baseball organization for a reason, which reflects directly on the region and towns the two teams are located.  

[/QUOTE]

You better believe Boston reflects American values.  Where the heck do you think the American Revolution and some of the writers of the Constitution came from?  It is about as close to the heart of American American education as you can get. Every city has its faults, and Boston is no exception, but it is flourishing in a way that St Louis is not. 

As for the Sox, they set the MLB record for most consecutive sold out games, 9 years worth although the last year was a little flaky.  Put that in your pipe and smoke it.   The Sox are a very profitable enterprise and consequently are willing to plow some of those profits back into getting good players. 

And what is this nonsense about homegrown players?  You ever heard of Stan Musial, who grew up in Pennsylvania, or Ozzie Smith, who grew up in Alabama?  We are not talking about little league baseball here, but the Show, and the Show gets players from all around the world, not just the USA.  And back in the day when Branch Rickey was the Cards GM and established a farm system, you can bet he didn't say, "not local enough to play for the Cardinals."   You know nothing about Cardinals or MLB history.

[/QUOTE]

Max, everyone knows the Mayflower touched down in St. Loius by sea masters Pierre Laclede and Auguste Choutaeu via the Mississippi river, not Cape Cod with master Christopher Jones. Wink

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Max, everyone knows the Mayflower touched down in St. Loius by sea masters Pierre Laclede and Auguste Choutaeu via the Mississippi river, not Cape Cod with master Christopher Jones. Wink

What a sight that must have been coming around the bend and seeing the great arch over St. Louis.

Tongue Out

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to mountvernonclosed's comment:
    [QUOTE]

At this point, Bogey is not a better fielding SS than Drew. 

Quite a knee jerk reaction, there, Moongov.

[/QUOTE]

lol softy.  welcome back.  still havent responded to my query above......if you are gonna call someone out...do it with knowledge otherwise you really look the fool.  but i blame your aspergers. 

sigh.....

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

there you go, moving the goal post again...you said "POSTSEASON" experience. 

...you are a joke.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

do you think ellsbury will continue his postseason dominance softy?

definitely earning his next $100MM+ contract, dont you agree?

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

[QUOTE]

When you aren't sexually objectifying women, you should know that comparing the veteran Crisp to Middlebrooks is like pretending Carp and Dumpster aren't potted plants.

[/QUOTE]

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

[QUOTE]

At this point, Bogey is not a better fielding SS than Drew. 

Quite a knee jerk reaction, there, Moongov.

[/QUOTE]

Knee jerk reaction?  The facts/stats say otherwise.  In the playoffs Drew was part of 11 double plays, whereas the other rookie SS, Iglesias, was in on two double plays, which is also the same number of errors he committed and the number of unearned runs he contributed to.  And Iglesias is good, much better than Bogaerts and with a lot more experience.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

I'm not crazy about the neighbor, or the hood. Perhaps I'll procrastinate until; game 5.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

In response to emp9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to maxbialystock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

These are the best 2 baseball towns in MLB.  Both have legions of knowledgeable and true fans spread out all over the country.  Both have their share of "pink hat" as well.

Disagree. Boston and New England isn't a "great baseball town". Baseball is the American pasttime because of it's roots in rural America. Nothing reflects that more than the midwest and the southeast. Boston is an elitiest town with a lot of fans who bicker about players and know little about the game of baseball itself. A lot of transient bandwagon fans.

The Cardinals are a part of what the city of St. Louis is all about. There aren't "out of the closet for WS time" fans in St. Loius. It's a baseball team. Boston is not a baseball town. It's a political town that doesn't have an NFL team. The Patriots are called "New England" for a reason. Boston is about the Celtics and politics, with the Red Sox a pinkhat bandwagon passing fancy with a lot of bickering about the current and former players.

The Cardinals have 6 of the position players that are homegrown players, and 3 of the starting and the closer who are all homegrown.

The Red Sox are mostly made up of mercenary Free agents, which reflects Boston. Most of the postion players are veteran free agents, Victornio, Napoli, Drew, Salty, with Ortiz coming over from the Twins. The closer is a FA transplant, and Lackey and Peavy and Dempster are all big FA contract castoffs from other teams.

The Red Sox are starting to value the farm development more than in the past, though trading Iglesias for Peavy certainly is a return to the status quo.

The Cardinals are the superior baseball organization for a reason, which reflects directly on the region and towns the two teams are located.  

[/QUOTE]

You better believe Boston reflects American values.  Where the heck do you think the American Revolution and some of the writers of the Constitution came from?  It is about as close to the heart of American American education as you can get. Every city has its faults, and Boston is no exception, but it is flourishing in a way that St Louis is not. 

As for the Sox, they set the MLB record for most consecutive sold out games, 9 years worth although the last year was a little flaky.  Put that in your pipe and smoke it.   The Sox are a very profitable enterprise and consequently are willing to plow some of those profits back into getting good players. 

And what is this nonsense about homegrown players?  You ever heard of Stan Musial, who grew up in Pennsylvania, or Ozzie Smith, who grew up in Alabama?  We are not talking about little league baseball here, but the Show, and the Show gets players from all around the world, not just the USA.  And back in the day when Branch Rickey was the Cards GM and established a farm system, you can bet he didn't say, "not local enough to play for the Cardinals."   You know nothing about Cardinals or MLB history.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Baseball has deep roots in the northeast. See the link below to the earliest written reference to baseball in 1791 in Pittsfield, Massachusetts.

http://www.pittsfieldlibrary.org/baseball.html

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Drew is a better fielder at SS right now.

Middlebrooks has not earned jack.

Mount Vernon is open.