2. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Re: Knee Jerk Reactionaries

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

2013 X-Bo / WMB = 2007 Ells / Crisp

Expect Xander to be starting....

[/QUOTE]

I guess Jackie McMullen read my post:

http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/9865492/2013-world-series-xander-bogaerts-patience-pays-boston-red-sox

Jacoby Ellsbury once was in Bogaerts' shoes. After being a late-season call-up, he was inserted into the lineup in the 2007 ALCS to replace Coco Crisp and remained there all the way to a World Series championship.

It was, he conceded, a taxing responsibility, both mentally and physically.

"It can be tough to do, but the guys in this clubhouse and guys who have been here, they stay prepared and stay ready, and when you have a winning atmosphere like that, it makes it easier," Ellsbury said. "Bogaerts has done a tremendous job. Getting thrown into a big environment like he has, he's had some big at-bats for us. He's mature beyond his years."

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

2013 X-Bo / WMB = 2007 Ells / Crisp

Expect Xander to be starting....

[/QUOTE]

I guess Jackie McMullen read my post:

http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/9865492/2013-world-series-xander-bogaerts-patience-pays-boston-red-sox

Jacoby Ellsbury once was in Bogaerts' shoes. After being a late-season call-up, he was inserted into the lineup in the 2007 ALCS to replace Coco Crisp and remained there all the way to a World Series championship.

It was, he conceded, a taxing responsibility, both mentally and physically.

"It can be tough to do, but the guys in this clubhouse and guys who have been here, they stay prepared and stay ready, and when you have a winning atmosphere like that, it makes it easier," Ellsbury said. "Bogaerts has done a tremendous job. Getting thrown into a big environment like he has, he's had some big at-bats for us. He's mature beyond his years."

[/QUOTE]

It's got help his confidence, even if it didn't need any "helping".

I also think he is tough enough that if he has a bad WS or makes a big mistake at a key time, it will not negatively effect his production going forward.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Is there a mosquito buzzing around here?

Notice how there is a direct correlation between the amount of wins the Sox have and the amount of bannings softy has?

Just sayin'...

7. This post has been removed.