Kuroda?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Kuroda?

The Sox are looking at Kuroda who will be in the 11-12 million dollar range. I think he would be better than Oswalt and less of obligation than Wilson. He would be good fit IMO.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

Re: Kuroda?

http://fullcount.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/red-sox/2011/12/04/this-time-the-interest-is-mutual-between-hiroki-kuroda-and-the-red-sox/

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Kuroda?:
    [QUOTE]The Sox are looking at Kuroda who will be in the 11-12 million dollar range. I think he would be better than Oswalt and less of obligation than Wilson. He would be good fit IMO.
    Posted by BosoxJoe5[/QUOTE]

I agree with you that he would be a good signing for the Red Sox. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Valentine will have him in a Sox uni by the end of the week.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

I thought he didnt want to be traded when the Sox inquired about him last year. Not sure if I want a player who doesnt want to be involved in a new team that was at the time going to the playoffs...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Wait on DiceK, offer Oswalt 1 year and 1 to 2M plus incentives. Do not obligate 30M plus on Kuroda. He is an old man and value ends at 1 year and 3 to 4M. Seriously, you have to be joking. Let Inepstein hand him a 3 year deal and 40M.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Saying offer Oswalt $1-2M is a waste of breath. It is an act of total futility.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

I pity the team that pays more than 1-2M plus incentives for old NL reject Oswalt.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Hank if you can get Oswalt for 1-2 million you can have the GM job. No questions asked.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Good signing eventhough he only pitched 4 years in MLB at the same time he is going to be 37 years old next year?   Still you want to give him 10 plus million dollars at the same time he have to pitch in a tough AL East division?  

I ll take Oswalt for 1 to 2 mm a year!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Anyone who thinks this is a decision between Oswalt at 1-2 million and Kuroda at 10 million is dreaming. 

The Sox are looking for any way to land a starter who can put in 200 innings and keep the team in the game for less than the 14-15 million 3 or 4 years that Buehrle is rumored to be getting.  And if Ortiz accepts arbitration on Wednesday, yoy can forget any of the FA starters.  His 14-15 million dollar arbitration salary would eat up all but about 5 or 6 million dollars in the team's budget with RF and relief pitchers still major issues.