Kurodo signs with Yankees

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

Re: Kurodo signs with Yankees

Good moves by Yanks. Just hope RS don't overreact. Pineda a good young top of the rotation starter and Kuroda a perfect 4-5 guy for a contender. But flip side Yanks gave up some talent in Montero/Noesi. Montero could become a 30+ hr hitting catcher at worst he's a very good DH. Noesi don't sleep on he's a very good young pitcher and may surprise some people. Pineda is a flyball pitcher, now moving to a not so good fly ball park [Not Safeco anymore] and has a not so good LH hitters splits, which translates to might not like seeing RS lineup in Yankee Stadium. But the real plus 4 Yanks is they now have a real good young starting nucleus of Pineda/ Hughes/Nova. 
    As for Kuroda this is what Yanks do best, read the market then pay a little more than everyone else is willing to pay. Have to believe RS were in as reports indicated, but were probably willing to do 8-9 mil. This is the competitive advantage the Yanks have over the rest of baseball. But good moves by Cash, Pineda under team control and cheap [415,000 last year and Kuroda 1 yr still Yanks can try to get under cap by 2014 or at least close to it, not sure in their DNA.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSNS14. Show RSNS14's posts

Never sign players to counter Yankee moves. But we do need another 2 starters. It seems like a foregone conclusion that we're set 1-3 and I think that's a big mistake. Clay may have a recurring back issue limiting his over all innings and Beckett is never good 2 years in a row. Sign both Oswalt and Garza.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to "Re: Kurodo signs with Yankees": [QUOTE]Never sign players to counter Yankee moves. But we do need another 2 starters. It seems like a foregone conclusion that we're set 1-3 and I think that's a big mistake. Clay may have a recurring back issue limiting his over all innings and Beckett is never good 2 years in a row. Sign both Oswalt and Garza. Posted by RSNS14[/QUOTE] You can't "sign" Garza, he will require at LEAST the Sox top 3 prospects, and there is no chance of bringing in BOTH Oswalt and Garza. If none of Bard, Aceves, Cook, Silva, Miller, Doubront, Tazawa work out (highly unlikely), then you go get someone then...My guess is they continue to look for another starter, but unless the $ drops for Oswalt or the "price" drops for Garza (why would it?), it won't be either.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Kurodo signs with Yankees:
    [QUOTE]Cherington didn't get outsmarted.    He just does what Lucchino tells him to do.  There were multiple chances to get Kuroda and Lucchino thought only of $$$.   Kuroda is likely to be the No. 4 starter for the NYY behind Sabathia, Nova, and Pineda with Garcia and Hughes competing as the No. 5. Kuroda would have been the No. 3 with Valentine being cautious with the back of Buchholz and not overextend him too much beyond the 82.2 inning he pitched in 2011.
    Posted by OnDeckCircle[/QUOTE]

You are right.  He was a good signing by the Yankees and I really wish that the Red Sox had signed him.   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhtak. Show lhtak's posts

In Response to Kurodo signs with Yankees:
    [QUOTE]Cherrington better get motivated if the Yankees pick up Pineda and Kuroda instead of picking up the retread garbage he has been signing. We are not paupers or bottom feeders but we are behaving like it.
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

No one is getting motivated, be prepared to be 3rd or 4th place this year. IT WILL BE A COUPLE OF BRIDGE YEARS. I can not see them making anymore moves. Lets admit it we lost to the Yankees this offseason and are going to lose in the season. There is no way our current staff can beat the Rays. It is just pathetic that second largest money spender in the entire MLB and can not even make the playoffs.

Its hard for me to say this but there is a clear difference between us and the Yankees. When the Yankees want and need something they go after it, no matter what. This year they even didnt spend a lot of money, for $10m got two proven pitchers that will be better than any of the Sox pitchers. The Sox organization will spend when they can, not when they NEED. That is why we signed the Lackey's, Crawford's and Lugo's; at the time we had the money to spend so get some dummy. The person responsible for this mess is in Chicago, so we can not blame him anymore. Its going to be a couple of long seasons folks.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Kurodo signs with Yankees : No one is getting motivated, be prepared to be 3rd or 4th place this year. IT WILL BE A COUPLE OF BRIDGE YEARS. I can not see them making anymore moves. Lets admit it we lost to the Yankees this offseason and are going to lose in the season. There is no way our current staff can beat the Rays. It is just pathetic that second largest money spender in the entire MLB and can not even make the playoffs. Its hard for me to say this but there is a clear difference between us and the Yankees. When the Yankees want and need something they go after it, no matter what. This year they even didnt spend a lot of money, for $10m got two proven pitchers that will be better than any of the Sox pitchers. The Sox organization will spend when they can, not when they NEED. That is why we signed the Lackey's, Crawford's and Lugo's; at the time we had the money to spend so get some dummy. The person responsible for this mess is in Chicago, so we can not blame him anymore. Its going to be a couple of long seasons folks.
    Posted by lhtak[/QUOTE]

I am a Yankee fan and I don't see it being some disaster for BoSox. Wait until S.T. before predicting a 4th place finish for your own team. Especially when that team has one of the top three offense's in the game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to "Re: Kurodo signs with Yankees": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kurodo signs with Yankees : I am a Yankee fan and I don't see it being some disaster for BoSox. Wait until S.T. before predicting a 4th place finish for your own team. Especially when that team has one of the top three offense's in the game. Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE] This is nothing...you should of been here in February '04 when Yanks acquired Arod..."glass is half empty" is a birth right, and most don't know how to handle the success this organization has had over the last 10 years and most can't see how this team has the nucleus to contend for the foreseeable future. If some of these people whined in a bar in NY like they do on this board, a Mets fan would likely knock some sense into them...

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

[QUOTE]All of the sudden the Yanks rotation looks pretty good. I think this forces the Sox into picking up a quality arm. I wouldn't call it a knee jerk reaction I'd call it a smart decision if we intend to be competetive. Relying on converting relievers into starters to match these moves would likely be the bad decision.
    Posted by northtroyboy[/QUOTE]

North-I definitely agree they need a quality arm.  I just hope it is the right quality arm for the team, and not just some name to get a name.  I know a professional organization shouldn't be run that way, but stranger things do happen.

I'd hate to see them give Jackson 5 years for a bunch of cash, and it is regretted within a year or two.  Sometimes a short-term deal works wonders for both parties.  Trading the limited prospects the system has for a mid-rotation guy would be a mistake, as well.  It'll be interesting to see how this plays out!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kurodo signs with Yankees : You are right.  He was a good signing by the Yankees and I really wish that the Red Sox had signed him.   
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

I was hoping they would sign him as well for that one-year deal.  It seemed like it was heading in that direction the last couple of days.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

[QUOTE]He is a Houston Astro minor league player that they picked up. In Response to Re: Kurodo signs with Yankees :
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

Are you sure that you're not thinking about Cano's father who was with the Astros?  Because Robinson Cano was drafted as an amateur free agent by the Yankees in 2001.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

[QUOTE]Unless Ben Cherrington pulls of a Garza and Oswalt the Yankees just outsmarted him. Welcome to the Majors, Ben !!! Enough with signing garbage already, spend some money that you make on the stadium and concessions.
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

As much as it pains me to agree with that, it is TRUTH.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kurodo signs with Yankees : You are right.  He was a good signing by the Yankees and I really wish that the Red Sox had signed him.   
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

Well AND simply said susan, Sox better sign Oswalt TODAY.
     Cherington is TOO SLOW; vert frustrating for loyal jersey buyers!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]He is a Houston Astro minor league player that they picked up. In Response to Re: Kurodo signs with Yankees :
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

Are you sure you're not thinking of Cano's father who was with the Houston Astros?  Robinson Cano was drafted as an amateur free agent by the Yankees in 2001.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Never sign players to counter Yankee moves. 

I agree, but later in your post you say "sign Oswalt and Garza" (BTW Garza is not a FA.)

But we do need another 2 starters. It seems like a foregone conclusion that we're set 1-3 and I think that's a big mistake. Clay may have a recurring back issue limiting his over all innings and Beckett is never good 2 years in a row. 

I agree that we can not count on the ig 3 to all come through in 2012, but the notion that Beckett is never good for 2 years in a row is a myth that has grown to epic proportions.

His WHIP has been between 1.026 and 1.295 every season since 2004, except for 2010's injury year.It;s been between 1.026 and 1.187 in 4 of the last 5 seasons.
    He had a bad ERA (5.01) his first year in Boston (2006), but he did go 16-11.
    He had very good seasons in 2007 (including a lights out playoff season), 2008, and 2009. That's 3 in a row. He was hurt in 2010 and pitched great last year. That's 4 out of 5 good years or better.

Sign both Oswalt and Garza.

Don't sign Oswalt for more than $4M and incentives.
    Don't trade for Garza. Go for Gavin Floyd instead.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Stand Corrected it was his father.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kurodo signs with Yankees : Are you sure you're not thinking of Cano's father who was with the Houston Astros?  Robinson Cano was drafted as an amateur free agent by the Yankees in 2001.
    Posted by Camelwalk[/QUOTE]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Garza is a trade and Oswalt would be  a signing. Then shift Bard back to the bullpen which would be a strength with Baily and Malancon as setup guys. Bailey has been injured and there is nothing guaranteed that he does not get hurt again. I think he threw 20 less innings than Jonathon Pappelbon who was AL East tested.

[QUOTE]Never sign players to counter Yankee moves.  I agree, but later in your post you say "sign Oswalt and Garza" (BTW Garza is not a FA.) But we do need another 2 starters. It seems like a foregone conclusion that we're set 1-3 and I think that's a big mistake. Clay may have a recurring back issue limiting his over all innings and Beckett is never good 2 years in a row.  I agree that we can not count on the ig 3 to all come through in 2012, but the notion that Beckett is never good for 2 years in a row is a myth that has grown to epic proportions. His WHIP has been between 1.026 and 1.295 every season since 2004, except for 2010's injury year.It;s been between 1.026 and 1.187 in 4 of the last 5 seasons. He had a bad ERA (5.01) his first year in Boston (2006), but he did go 16-11. He had very good seasons in 2007 (including a lights out playoff season), 2008, and 2009. That's 3 in a row. He was hurt in 2010 and pitched great last year. That's 4 out of 5 good years or better. Sign both Oswalt and Garza. Don't sign Oswalt for more than $4M and incentives. Don't trade for Garza. Go for Gavin Floyd instead.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhtak. Show lhtak's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Kurodo signs with Yankees": This is nothing...you should of been here in February '04 when Yanks acquired Arod..."glass is half empty" is a birth right, and most don't know how to handle the success this organization has had over the last 10 years and most can't see how this team has the nucleus to contend for the foreseeable future. If some of these people whined in a bar in NY like they do on this board, a Mets fan would likely knock some sense into them...
    Posted by jasko2248[/QUOTE]

If the contending means being in 3rd or 4th place, well they do that well. No one is going to yap if they atleast have made the playoffs for the past two years. Clearly they are downgraded this year and yankees have upgraded. now the Sox finished in 3rd place and not been in the playoffs for the past two yras. I do not understand your OPTIMISM..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhtak. Show lhtak's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kurodo signs with Yankees : I am a Yankee fan and I don't see it being some disaster for BoSox. Wait until S.T. before predicting a 4th place finish for your own team. Especially when that team has one of the top three offense's in the game.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

I dont care if the sox offense is last in the league as long as they make it to the playoffs. I dont give any crap for anyones stats if the are contending in the playoffs. It is not acceptable for the second biggest market team to not make the playoffs, two years in a row. You have nothing to complain, well EEmpire are contending year after year. I believe they are going to be sitting in either 3rd or 4th place.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

Gotta say this LOUDLY:

The Red Sox have both the trade timber they need for Garza AND the money to sign Oswalt. I for one will be dissapointed IF they dont do BOTH.

GO RED SOX!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

[QUOTE]Gotta say this LOUDLY: The Red Sox have both the trade timber they need for Garza AND the money to sign Oswalt. I for one will be dissapointed IF they dont do BOTH. GO RED SOX!
    Posted by DeweyCBoston[/QUOTE]

I'm in a cash position at my brokerage house, can you give me any investment choices? should I buy low and sell high?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

RED SOX OUGHT TO SIGN GARZA & TRADE FOR GARZA.

GO RED SOX!