Lackey is still a plague

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Lackey is still a plague

People can blame the fact Lav hasn't caught him, the cheap fly ball the Rays had or whatever you want the fact is Lackey is like a plague hanging over the Red Sox that just won't go away.  Molina of all people, 0 for his last 22 and a 171 hitter and washed up years ago is even 2 for 2 tonight.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Lackey is still a plague

He looks awful.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joyceand. Show joyceand's posts

You are right, craze.  Lackey is garbage.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to joyceand's comment:

I just can't wait to dump this guy from the starting rotation.  The haunting of Theo's FA signings just won't go away soon enough.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to trantor's comment:

In response to craze4sox's comment:

People can blame the fact Lav hasn't caught him, the cheap fly ball the Rays had or whatever you want the fact is Lackey is like a plague hanging over the Red Sox that just won't go away.  Molina of all people, 0 for his last 22 and a 171 hitter and washed up years ago is even 2 for 2 tonight.

Yes, those balls that get lost up there on the catwalk and in that background are definitely the fault of Lackey. He most definitely is a plague.  Nice to have such reasonable and logical posters here to discuss baseball with.  You are either simple minded or else trolling.

Lackey may be the single worst FA signing in Red Sox history.  I'm not sure what excites me most, having Lackey for another year plus or Gomes as our RHH OF bat of the bench. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Bad inning capped by an absolutely horrible play by Napoli who demanded a pop fly, which Pedroia would have caught easily, that he the overran! Giving two runs to the Rays.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from joyceand. Show joyceand's posts

I just can't wait to dump this guy from the starting rotation.  The haunting of Theo's FA signings just won't go away soon enough.

Here's the problem.  He was out all of last year so I believe he has 3 to go.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

with his extra year at veteran minimun, he could be moved

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from joyceand. Show joyceand's posts

Yes, those balls that get lost up there on the catwalk and in that background are definitely the fault of Lackey. He most definitely is a plague.  Nice to have such reasonable and logical posters here to discuss baseball with.  You are either simple minded or else trolling.

2 disastrous seasons in Boston so far, 9 hits, 5 ER in 4 1/3 innings tonight, probably a record of 1-4 after this game.  You're right those of us who hate him are simple-minded/ trolls.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Children he has a 2.82 ERA up to tonight. A check swing double and a screwup by Napoli. You do realize that up to tonight the most runs he had given up was 3. With any run support he could also have 6 or 7 wins.

You always say you want good back end of the rotation pitchers well we have a guy with a 2.82 ERA who has had a very good start up till tonight and even tonight has been bad luck.

So start being objective put away your hate for Lackey because of the past and start looking at actually what he is doing now.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

A lot of blame goes to Lavarnway here and the stupid ball park.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

Bad inning capped by an absolutely horrible play by Napoli who demanded a pop fly, which Pedroia would have caught easily, that he the overran! Giving two runs to the Rays.
    Were you watching the NESN feed? The ball hit the catwalk.

I get Rays TV and no mention of catwalk

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

with his extra year at veteran minimun, he could be moved

Southpaw, you didn't help me my mood at all but I still like you pal :)  Doubront is better than Lackey which doesn't make our support of Clay, Jon and Demp look too bright the rest of the season.

Have a good night, hopefully we find a way to come back with our three or four man offense.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Doubront is better than Lackey which doesn't make our support of Clay, Jon and Demp look too bright the rest of the season.

His record is but his ERA is above 6 he has given up 12 more runs and all other stats are worse except Ks.

Yer Doub is 3-1 and Lackey is 1-3 if you look at the stats and not just W/L you see who is the better pitcher.

Just like last year when Clay was like 6-2 with a high 6+ ERA yet Josh was a 3.50 ERA with 6 loses He was better than Clay but Clay got run support of over 6 per game Josh was getting 3 or less

Doubrant is better than Lackey is sarcasm right????

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

this team will not go far with 2 effective pitchers and 1 semi effective 36 yr old (dempster). Not to mention an offense that has been pathetic lately. now the sox have lost 9 of 11 games, and 10 of 14, this team is going to hit rock bottom pretty soon if we dont do something in the near future. this team has major holes and they are starting to show more and more each game. 

25. This post has been removed.