Lackey Wheeler ERAs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Lackey Wheeler ERAs

Before AS game 6.00+   5.00+
    Since AS game 3.44.     2.80

Finding their stride

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: Lackey Wheeler ERAs

I'd look more closely at Lackey's ERA

He had a good stretch of 3-4 games and then regresses - he did that 3X...besides how many starts has he had since the AS break?

When he gets his ERA below 5.5 then I think we've got a guy who we can give 2-3 starts to in October (across all 3 rounds)........

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Lackey Wheeler ERAs:
    [QUOTE]Before AS game 6.00+   5.00+ Since AS game 3.44.     2.80 Finding their stride
    Posted by JimfromFlorida[/QUOTE]

Lackey averages about 5.5 IP a game

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In Response to Re: Lackey Wheeler ERAs:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Lackey Wheeler ERAs : Lackey averages about 5.5 IP a game
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]

and that's ok as long as he leaves with a lead. which he has as of late. what was last nights win? his 4th in a row. and yeah, I know were playing the royals. (thank God). bottom line is that we really need Lackey to continue to gain confidence and pitch well. how can he not with this offensive monstah he has behind him. lol..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from the_yazzer. Show the_yazzer's posts

In Response to Lackey Wheeler ERAs:
    [QUOTE]Before AS game 6.00+   5.00+ Since AS game 3.44.     2.80 Finding their stride

SLACKEY gave up 11 hits in 5 innings to weak hitting K.C.  what stride are you talking about?
    the most misleading 9-8 record in baseball; if he pitched for the ORIOLES, he'd be 3-14.
    the guy's a bum and another one of THEO'S major blunders.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

That works for the regular season but the Sox ain't gonna put putting up an Eight-Spot when they are up againt the Verlanders of the world......

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Lackey Wheeler ERAs : SLACKEY gave up 11 hits in 5 innings to weak hitting K.C.  what stride are you talking about? the most misleading 9-8 record in baseball; if he pitched for the ORIOLES, he'd be 3-14. the guy's a bum and another one of THEO'S major blunders.
    Posted by the_yazzer[/QUOTE]

The royals are far from a weak hitting team..their problem is pitching..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from the_yazzer. Show the_yazzer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lackey Wheeler ERAs : It's not OK to have an 80mil investment that works an average of 5 innings every game he pitches.
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]

how about a 120 million investment that's also stinking up the place?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

[QUOTE]That works for the regular season but the Sox ain't gonna put putting up an Eight-Spot when they are up againt the Verlanders of the world......
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

Thanks for labeling yourself on the gamethread last night as HEADSTRONG.

determined to have one's own way; willful; stubborn; obstinate:

Tough to reason with anyone who is HEADSTRONG.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from the_yazzer. Show the_yazzer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lackey Wheeler ERAs : Thanks for labeling yourself on the gamethread last night as HEADSTRONG. determined to have one's own way; willful; stubborn ; obstinate: Tough to reason with anyone who is HEADSTRONG.
    Posted by Your-Echo[/QUOTE]

hey pikester,

better to be HEADSTRONG than what you are--BRAINDEAD.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Agree with OP.  Both have improved and are contributing.  Lackey can still be scary--see the first inning three run dinger last night--and certainly volatile, but I think he is going to help this team.  Right now he just might be the 3d best available starter, ahead of Wake and Miller and the recently departed Weiland.  Last Wheeler gave up two weak hits and didn't get rattled. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

The royals are far from a weak hitting team..their problem is pitching..

Absolutely correct.  The royals rank very high in batting average in the AL.  Not too far behind Boston.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

4 straight wins for the overpaid starter. As long as he leaves the game with the lead, then he's done his job regardless of the quality of the start. Again, ERA meaningless when it comes to individual games. Wins may be a hollow, team stat for pitchers, but 4 straight wins is fine by me in any rotation.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from the_yazzer. Show the_yazzer's posts

in the words of marc antony:

" i came here to bury SLACKEY, not to praise him."

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

[QUOTE]in the words of marc antony: " i came here to bury SLACKEY, not to praise him."

You come here pretending to be a concerned Red Sox fan and everyone knows that you are Babe. Why the disguise?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

[QUOTE]in the words of marc antony: " i came here to bury SLACKEY, not to praise him."

And that is your problem you come to bury certain players regardless of what they are doing. If they are bad you bury them. If they are going good you use the past as your theory they suk and are not getting any better

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]The royals are far from a weak hitting team..their problem is pitching.. Absolutely correct.  The royals rank very high in batting average in the AL.  Not too far behind Boston.
    Posted by parhunter1[/QUOTE]

The Royals are 4th in batting average, but 13th in OPS and 15th in slugging. 
    Overall I'd call that a weak, hitting team.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from the_yazzer. Show the_yazzer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lackey Wheeler ERAs : And that is your problem you come to bury certain players regardless of what they are doing. If they are bad you bury them. If they are going good you use the past as your theory they suk and are not getting any better

actually, i'd rather 'bury' the fool that signed him. however, when it comes to SLACKEY, please inform me when you think he's 'going good.'
    because i hope you don't consider  last night's performance as anything near to good.
    wake up SOX fans; no WS with the current starting 5.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Yazzer = closet Yankee fan
    Yazzer = the new Garcia2

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from the_yazzer. Show the_yazzer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lackey Wheeler ERAs : You come here pretending to be a concerned Red Sox fan and everyone knows that you are Babe. Why the disguise?

i am a concerned fan pikester, i'm concerned about you. you have an unnatural obsession with babe and you're always stalking me on this board.
    have you ever tried dating, even if it's with yourself.
    who knows, you may even develop a SENSE OF HUMOR!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lackey Wheeler ERAs : i am a concerned fan pikester, i'm concerned about you. you have an unnatural obsession with babe and you're always stalking me on this board. have you ever tried dating, even if it's with yourself. who knows, you may even develop a SENSE OF HUMOR!

Does appreciating your act require a sense of humor? Let's hear it from others, is Yazzer / Garcia2 ever funny? Your concern is fake and you aren't a bit convincing on that act. When concern covers 100% of the team and management on 100% of your posts, it is a no-brainer to conclude that you are a phony. Give it up. You are wasting your time here.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from the_yazzer. Show the_yazzer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lackey Wheeler ERAs : Does appreciating your act require a sense of humor? Let's hear it from others, is Yazzer / Garcia2 ever funny? Your concern is fake and you aren't a bit convincing on that act. When concern covers 100% of the team and management on 100% of your posts, it is a no-brainer to conclude that you are a phony. Give it up. You are wasting your time here.

"what we have here is a failure to communicate."--strother martin

"shaking the bush, boss."--pull-hand pike