Lamest excuse on this forum by so-called POSITIVE FAN

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Re: Lamest excuse on this forum by so-called POSITIVE FAN

Sorry but anything that has happened has been a sucess since I thought third and maybe a WC would be all I'd see this year. So everything above that has been a GREAT season. If they win or lose the WS the year has been awesome and I for one will be VERY VERY happy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

"We really were not supposed to make it this far so just enjoy the game" ! ? ! ?

No thanks, we are 3 wins shy of a WS title and I for one want results! I want that title.

Drew needs to sit.

Salty need never see another start in this series

Clay must go to the mound

Middlebrooks and Xander should be at 3B and SS respectively for Game 3.

As if "not supposed to have made it this far" justifies defending and deflecting some obvious issues or moves (or lack of) heading into Game Three. I was okay with "not supposed to have made it this far" right into the ALCS but not now. This is the World Series!

[/QUOTE]

Salty will not sit tomorrow, Ross's only start will come when Lester pitchs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sorry but anything that has happened has been a sucess since I thought third and maybe a WC would be all I'd see this year. So everything above that has been a GREAT season. If they win or lose the WS the year has been awesome and I for one will be VERY VERY happy.

[/QUOTE]

I had the same prediction for the season as well and would have felt the same had we lost to a Verlander in game 6 or 7 of the ALCS. Well, GREAT season.

But World Series appearances are rare and anytime you have homefield and are leading one you HAVE to get that wrapped up. Bruins last spring and Celts in '10 are recent examples of oh so close. Pierce and KG never got another shot. Maybe Papi won't after this either.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In response to tvfrank's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to RSF4Life234's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

"We really were not supposed to make it this far so just enjoy the game" ! ? ! ?

No thanks, we are 3 wins shy of a WS title and I for one want results! I want that title.

Drew needs to sit.

As if "not supposed to have made it this far" justifies defending and deflecting some obvious issues or moves (or lack of) heading into Game Three. I was okay with "not supposed to have made it this far" right into the ALCS but not now. This is the World Series!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

With Farrell managing, you're probably right. But that's fine because the SOX have got this far with Farrell's head scratching maneuvers, why should he start managing at this point?

[/QUOTE]

You want to sit your catcher who hit almost .300 as a lefty for a catcher who hit .200 during the regular season? Your right, that makes a ton of sense.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

It is true that the Sox have had a great season. Certainly exceeded almost everyone's expectations. However , when you reach this point, you have to want to win it all. You have to want it bad.  Saying that you are already satisfied sounds like a lack of confidence, and sounds like a loser's perspective, even though you may not mean it as such. I hope the players and manager do not have this attitude. We are three wins away from just the third World Series Championship in our lifetimes. Nothing less can be considered acceptable at this point. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I feel exactly the same way Jim.

This season the Sox gave us way more than could have been expected. There playing with house money.

At this point a W/S victory is icing on the cake.

That said going forward I firmly believe the organization is in position to be successful for years to come.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Hingham Hammer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I feel exactly the same way Jim.

This season the Sox gave us way more than could have been expected. There playing with house money.

At this point a W/S victory is icing on the cake.

That said going forward I firmly believe the organization is in position to be successful for years to come.

[/QUOTE]   B I N G O , THAT !!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

With Farrell managing, you're probably right. But that's fine because the SOX have got this far with Farrell's head scratching maneuvers, why should he start managing at this point?

aka Manager of the Year.  Thank you for bringing this up.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

"We are three wins away from just the third World Series Championship in our lifetimes. Nothing less can be considered acceptable at this point." dgalehouse

Etched in stone mentality of a true Red Sox fan.

[/QUOTE]

I'd like to think you hold both views simultaneously.  If we lose the WS, it would no doubt be disappointing.  But I can shut off the PC for a couple of weeks, and then go back to feeling good about the season.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

I want another title, but losing one will in no way make me forget how much fun this team was and how much en entertainment this team gave me this year.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Oh, I would much prefer that they win this World Series.

To be perfectly frank, I would like to see them pound the Cardinals into splinters, then pound the splinters into dust.

True fan here, baby. Cool

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to drewpinchhitforagainstrhp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Burrito, contemporary American culture demands that you get in line and priase this labor force. Be happy that you can pay a grand or two a year for the video feeds, or $10,000 or more for the privilege of seeing those beards hard at work. Don't criticize what's already been a resounding success because you've been told that it's been a success. 

[/QUOTE]

So tell us how much you'd like the Sox to win it all, Softy.  We're dying to hear it!  I don't think I've heard you actually say you're cheering for the Sox yet.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

This is all about expectations.  For me, I was expecting a ~.500 bridge year to 2014 & 2015 and this season has been a pleasant surprise.  Pleasant not only in their winning record but also in watching this bunch of non-superstars pull together and win games and series that most thought they couldn't win.  This team and their cameradirie (sp?) and never-say-die attitude is actually fun to watch.

While I won't be "happy" if this team doesn't win three more games this year I also won't be heartbroken.  This team has given me much more than I expected and I'll continue to think it was a good season.

I DO expect that next year my expectations will be higher, but I will never EXPECT the Sox to win the WS.  When I start to do that I'll be just like too many Yankee fans, setting myself up in a situation where if my team loses I'll be sorely disappointed and if they win it'll only be that they met my expectations.  Ho hum. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to RSF4Life234's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Drew needs to sit.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I would actually like to see Ross catch Peavy...as much of a Salty fan as I am. I think Ross has a way with pitchers and no doubt Peavy is going to have a huge case of the nerves after his last outing.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to S5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This is all about expectations.  For me, I was expecting a ~.500 bridge year to 2014 & 2015 and this season has been a pleasant surprise.  Pleasant not only in their winning record but also in watching this bunch of non-superstars pull together and win games and series that most thought they couldn't win.  This team and their cameradirie (sp?) and never-say-die attitude is actually fun to watch.

While I won't be "happy" if this team doesn't win three more games this year I also won't be heartbroken.  This team has given me much more than I expected and I'll continue to think it was a good season.

I DO expect that next year my expectations will be higher, but I will never EXPECT the Sox to win the WS.  When I start to do that I'll be just like too many Yankee fans, setting myself up in a situation where if my team loses I'll be sorely disappointed and if they win it'll only be that they met my expectations.  Ho hum. 

[/QUOTE]

That is pretty much how I feel. I'll be disappointed if they lose but I am enjoying the fact that they already exceeded expectations of most. If the OP was directed at a comment I made in another thread..then sorry..I still don't change my position. I am thoroughly enjoying this series...just like I thoroughly enjoyed the division and the ALCS.  I guess I am a baseball purist. I enjoy watching the game. I don't need my enjoyment level to be defined by wins and losses.

I am also guessing that I am enjoying this post season far more than the OP....for me..life's too short to stress out about such things. Baseball is meant to be enjoyed..not to turn people into unreasonable lunatics. The Red Sox have already succeeded my expectations. I just want the team to try hard, do their best and enjoy the ride.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

other than being swept

the worse part of losing the world series is

theere are no more games to watch your team

LOL

I don't even know where to begin with that

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

seems the same group was clammoring for JBJ at the start of the season too...Saying we NEED him. He proved  to be a non factor and sent back. In a series between these 2 teams when runs can be hard to come by, you have to be solid at SS. Both teams won their game due to bad defense by the other team. Drew has saved a few runs in the playoffs, regardless of not hitting. IMHO, Hes not going to start the kid at SS. While I understand and respect others opinions of what this team should do, that doesnt mean you are right. Farrell hasnt been perfect this year, but hes managed this team to the WS.

Ill stick with Drews defense and maybe give Middy a start with Bogey's bat off the bench. Or start XB at 3b. Either way, Drew is staying put. Were playing national league rules guys, so the benches will be used a lot. Its amazing that most here didnt care if Iggy hit one bit as long as his defense was there. Now you dont value what has been great defense by Drew this postseason?