Lars Anderson

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Lars Anderson

Could he be turning into the guy most thought he would be 3 years ago? He had a GS today, and has looked good all spring. Did Theo give Gonzo the big deal too soon? Just wondering.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Re: Lars Anderson

Good to see he's playing with the confidence he hasn't had for years. How far he goes at the MLB level remains to be seen. I'm quite certain that he's not going to have the kind of talent and career AGon has had or still has left.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: Lars Anderson:
    [QUOTE]Good to see he's playing with the confidence he hasn't had for years. How far he goes at the MLB level remains to be seen. I'm quite certain that he's not going to have the kind of talent and career AGon has had or still has left.
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr[/QUOTE]Same here, but if he rips it up this year he could be a nice trade chip in July.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I saw Lars catch a ball and throw it to third to get a runner out. It was an amazing play. At that time, I thought he was a great player. I believe he should be traded because he's someone's fantastic first baseman that they don't even know about yet because he's in the ML system here, and there's no place for him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

Here's the link; http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp
     Like the way he used an uppercut swing, haven't seen him do that before.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

It would be great if he had the same trade value as Rizzo.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I fear Lars my never have the same trade value he once had, but I think it can come close to what it was if he has a monster year in Pawtucket. He is still 24, and has looked decent in Pawtucket the last to years, just has not had the power wanted for first base at the MLB level. He has the patience of. Good MLB hitter, I think if he can show the power then he can be part of a trade package to bring in some pitching.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]I fear Lars my never have the same trade value he once had, but I think it can come close to what it was if he has a monster year in Pawtucket. He is still 24, and has looked decent in Pawtucket the last to years, just has not had the power wanted for first base at the MLB level. He has the patience of. Good MLB hitter, I think if he can show the power then he can be part of a trade package to bring in some pitching.
    Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

He could be a valuable commodity come July.

What he won't do is make anyone wish we didn't sign Gonzalez. That's crazy talk!!

I'll chalk it up to Carnie not getting enough coffee yet. Wink

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

We will see "Can he play OF?" thread soon...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from accland. Show accland's posts

Think Lars is out of options.  If he has a strong spring, it will be hard to get him by waivers to get him to Pawtucket.  If he has a weak spring, who needs him? Hitting a HR in the first spring training game is no great shakes.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]Good to see he's playing with the confidence he hasn't had for years. How far he goes at the MLB level remains to be seen. I'm quite certain that he's not going to have the kind of talent and career AGon has had or still has left.
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr[/QUOTE]NOW IS THE TIME TO PACKAGE LARS & JOSH BECKETT AND SEND THEM OFF TO THEO & HIS CUBS FOR "KIDS & A BAG OF BALLS"!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE] Hitting a HR in the first spring training game is no great shakes.
    Posted by accland[/QUOTE]

Good point,  ST only means so much.  I do think (this is hypothetical....ooh how we love them here) If he displays power all spring that some team is going to see more value in him than previously.  By no means do I think Lars Anderson will be a main chip, but he could be combo'd with another prospect(s) and return something valuable for the team. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom2. Show proftom2's posts

Lars is a good problem to have. Glad good things are starting to happen for the young man. The baseball gods will find a place for him

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

I agree that ST can be an illusion some time, but now is not the time to trade Lars A. His trade value is weak at best. Lars after all the hype of a few years ago has been playing at levels above his age, so it would not be surprising for him to finally have a breakout season at AAA.....as someone said he is only 24, so a great season(especially if he shows 30hr potential) at AAA would make him a huge chip next offseason.....and also would give us more flexibility in the Papi decision next year. You gain nothing by trading right now other than another teams suspect prospect.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

If Lars continues to blast in ST(say he hits 8-9 HRs in ST), fews teams are going to jump on him if he lands on waiver.  There are teams with serious 1B help with power. 

Lars could be the next Michael Morse from last ST in 2011.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

Sox Prospects has Lars having 2 options remaining, so he would not have to be exposed to waivers.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]Sox Prospects has Lars having 2 options remaining, so he would not have to be exposed to waivers.
    Posted by tomnev[/QUOTE]

Good job tom!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]Sox Prospects has Lars having 2 options remaining, so he would not have to be exposed to waivers.
    Posted by tomnev[/QUOTE]

ahhh thank you for doing what I was too lazy to do this morning.
    Well this means he can stay in Pawtucket.  A monster season in Pawtucket will do more to increase his trade value than a good ST will. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tripleb2066. Show tripleb2066's posts

[QUOTE]We will see "Can he play OF?" thread soon...
    Posted by seannybboi[/QUOTE]

I was asking about Lars to the outfield months ago. Even if that is far fetched how about DH in 2013?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Bill, as Dad would say, now is not the time to trade Beckett. Perhaps in the near future, but there is no way a team pays in trade enough to recoup the cost of the Beckett contract debt.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lars Anderson : I was asking about Lars to the outfield months ago. Even if that is far fetched how about DH in 2013?
    Posted by tripleb2066[/QUOTE]

Wasn't there talk about moving him to LF to accommodate Rizzo (back before the AGon deal)?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Switch Lars to RH and put him in LF.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lars Anderson : Same here, but if he rips it up this year he could be a nice trade chip in July.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]
    Exactly! Here's to Lars ripping it up!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

He's not fast enough to play outfield.  He's a 6'4" lefty with a high baseball IQ. Missed his calling as a pitcher!

I wouldnt expect the world back in a trade.  His minor league stats/trends show that he'll always have below average power for a first baseman.  

.280 HR hitting, solid defensive, 20 HR first basemen arent very hard to come by.  Hate to say it, but he's kind of a commodity.

Then again, so was Rizzo and we got wayyy too much back for him.  Guess you never know what the market will bring.