Lester two weeks ago: "It's NOT physical." Did our Black Sox throw it?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Lester two weeks ago: "It's NOT physical." Did our Black Sox throw it?

[Lester's emphasis on WBZ] 

I suggest that the lid is going to come off the Red Sox in the next several days.  No one would disagree.  But not just the normal pent up anger over the outcome.  No, there's very likely more:  Something obviously turned a month ago.  No one disputes it.  As Lester deliberately hinted a couple of weeks ago in his post-game radio interview, there was SOMETHING.  Now, if there was something that spread all through the team, it begs the question: Whatever it was, did they therefore throw the season?  Are we talking about the 2011 version of the Black Sox, without the gambling?  It'll come out in the next couple of weeks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Re: Lester two weeks ago: "It's NOT physical." Did our Black Sox throw it?

I still don't think the lid has come off yet.  For his part, it may be that Tito is a gentleman, but it also may be to keep the door open in case a major condition changes: the occcupant of the GM office.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

My bet is that something went on between the staff and Curt Young.  Francona backed Young and the players quit.  That's my bet.  The OP is right though, we will find out over the next few weeks what really went on.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Wow, very interesting theory re:  Curt Young

My theory involves John Lackey.

Well, the Sox went South in the yankee series the last week of August; when Rivera stuck out AGone it was all down hill from there. 

There will be a lot more to come - the stories could last for years about what went down.  Years.  Books could come out.  SI articles, etc etc. 

As much as I've criticized Francona, I give him a lot of credit for how he handled this.  I'd take his side as someone who has quit a couple of jobs in the past b/c of having jack-ss's for bosses.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

By the way, the Lester comments make me even more disappointment in Lester.

So John, it wasn't physcial.  You were healthy, right?  So the reason why you flopped in September is because you didn't care?

Again, so many people jumped down my throat when I said this team is full of players that do not care, including Lester and yet, here it is..........The only guys I think really cared were Pedey, Paps, Scut, Ace, and Jake.......

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SculEsqare. Show SculEsqare's posts

This was the best Red Sox Decade ever, so why did 2011 feel foreign, who were these guys a group with no collective personality. Was it really a collapse? As bad as we want to find answers none will satisfy. The fact is from the first day of spring training owners through bat boy delved into the 2011 season with boxed in waves of self-superior gloating, false sense of worth, disinterest, lack of self-discipline, with no emphasis on TEAM CONCEPT. Individuals in a team sport who played as individuals. Unless a leader or leaders step up and take over this team expect the same in 2012, no matter who is managing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4416242. Show user_4416242's posts

lester is now just an above average starter, who is far from ACE material.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

In Response to Re: Lester two weeks ago: "It's NOT physical." Did our Black Sox throw it?:
    [QUOTE]My bet is that something went on between the staff and Curt Young.  Francona backed Young and the players quit.  That's my bet.  The OP is right though, we will find out over the next few weeks what really went on.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

Just curious, what makes you think it was Curt Young SPC?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Lester two weeks ago: "It's NOT physical." Did our Black Sox throw it?:
    [QUOTE][Lester's emphasis on WBZ]  I suggest that the lid is going to come off the Red Sox in the next several days.  No one would disagree.  But not just the normal pent up anger over the outcome.  No, there's very likely more:  Something obviously turned a month ago.  No one disputes it.  As Lester deliberately hinted a couple of weeks ago in his post-game radio interview, there was SOMETHING.  Now, if there was something that spread all through the team, it begs the question: Whatever it was, did they therefore throw the season?  Are we talking about the 2011 version of the Black Sox, without the gambling?  It'll come out in the next couple of weeks.
    Posted by Firewind[/QUOTE]  WOW !!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In Response to Re: Lester two weeks ago: "It's NOT physical." Did our Black Sox throw it?:
    [QUOTE]By the way, the Lester comments make me even more disappointment in Lester. So John, it wasn't physcial.  You were healthy, right?  So the reason why you flopped in September is because you didn't care? Again, so many people jumped down my throat when I said this team is full of players that do not care, including Lester and yet, here it is..........The only guys I think really cared were Pedey, Paps, Scut, Ace, and Jake.......
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

Your Lester is not a big game pitcher doesn't hold up, simply because the last game of the season two runs and 6 inning on short rest is pretty big.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Lester two weeks ago: "It's NOT physical." Did our Black Sox throw it?:
    [QUOTE][Lester's emphasis on WBZ]  I suggest that the lid is going to come off the Red Sox in the next several days.  No one would disagree.  But not just the normal pent up anger over the outcome.  No, there's very likely more:  Something obviously turned a month ago.  No one disputes it.  As Lester deliberately hinted a couple of weeks ago in his post-game radio interview, there was SOMETHING.  Now, if there was something that spread all through the team, it begs the question: Whatever it was, did they therefore throw the season?  Are we talking about the 2011 version of the Black Sox, without the gambling?  It'll come out in the next couple of weeks.
    Posted by Firewind[/QUOTE]  SON, AFTER ONLY 63 POSTS, THIS IS QUITE THE BOLD POST .... YOU MUST KNOW YOUR STUFF !!  WELCOME ABOARD, YOUNG MAN !!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tetonman50. Show tetonman50's posts

"As much as I've criticized Francona, I give him a lot of credit for how he handled this.  I'd take his side as someone who has quit a couple of jobs in the past b/c of having jack-ss's for bosses."

I agree!! and I think as time goes on here a lot of guys here who have constantly trashed Francona, especially the last couple of years will come to have a different view of him.  

I mentioned a few months ago that this team did not have a winning attitude, and a number of  guys here who think baseball is only a game of statistics jumped all over me.  Certainly so many of our statistics disagreed with my "unscientific" conclusion, but for me actually watching the players told a different story.

There is so much statistics don't tell you. To me it's like going to a DR. You tell him you think something is wrong, he takes your temperature finds it to be statistically good at 98.6, and tells you your fine. Meanwhile he doesn't notice your blood pressure is next to zero, because your heart is failing.

There was something very wrong with this team from day one. Sure we had a decent stretch where the hitting and batting were in sync but once this team got behind it had no heart. 

I do think after so many injuries, any winning spirit that ever may have existed was gone. Basically except for a few guys, the rest just wanted this awful season to be over.  

I really feel for Francona........ I certainly know how hard it is going to your job each day knowing you CAN'T make a positive difference, yet still you must put on a good face.........  He's a real professional! 

As time goes on I am certain many who felt he was the problem will change their mind.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]My bet is that something went on between the staff and Curt Young.  Francona backed Young and the players quit.  That's my bet.  The OP is right though, we will find out over the next few weeks what really went on.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

I think both Curt Young and Lackey need to go.