Lester

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from vic5014. Show vic5014's posts

Lester

I read in the paper just before the break that he was on the DL. Is his injury serious or was the team just using the break to try to get him some extra rest to make sure he's good to go for the stretch run? The Sox really need him to be at his best down the stretch and in October (and, ridiculously, November)..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WE5NUTS. Show WE5NUTS's posts

Re: Lester

He had a no hitter through 4 innings in Toronto when, in between innings, something felt wrong. He turned out to have a strained lat muscle. He is scheduled to come off of the DL on Friday and should be ready for his start on Monday.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Unlike the NFL teams do not "fake" injuries for players especially for a player of Lester's caliber.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from vic5014. Show vic5014's posts

In Response to Lester:
    @Jim
    that's not entirely true, but if your referring to the Pats' odd habit of listing Brady on the injury list every single week, MLB teams don't do that.
    What I'm wondering is if the team put Lester on the DL for a relatively minor injury to buy him some extra R&R (rest and rehab) time in hopes of keeping him strong and fresh down the stretch. As I recall, Pedro usually went on the DL right around the break. Nobody ever claimed he wasn't hurt, just that the team sometimes did the same thing that I'm wondering if they're doing now with Lester.